Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Alabama 1
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by Alabama 1 »

Happy Saturday all, Calling for snow this weekend . I want to be done with this Snow.

Yah, yep no more lunges for me especially the walking ones . I don't have any trouble with squats just walking lunges. Knee is better but I still have some pain .

Nothing new going on year . Just anxious for Spring to get here as I want to get started in the house . Cleaning etc.

This morning I walk one mile with Leslie Sansone (YouTube ) plus I did squats , pushups, bridge and abs with a stationary ball. Did a leg workout(pilates style) with a band and then some more arm moves with a 10 # dumbbell . I think that will be all for me today . Some days I get an afternoon short walk in so maybe I will today .

Happy Saturday everyone .

Yah, check out this workout on youtube . I think you could do it . It's called Fitness by Tona . It's very similar to what we do at the Y .No room is necessary . Just a chair , small ball , band and light wts and if you don't have those you can start by using your body weight . You will see what you need in the video Remember as I keep telling myself . Only do what you can!!!!!!!!! Let me know what you think
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

Good evening!

YAH Do you think you and your hubby could move someday? If you need more money maybe you could try working online to save if you can't work outside your home? I could give you some suggestions if you want... i don't know if you work now. Just a thought.. The UP is very pretty but it is also rural. So i can see how you feel that way. i like a facebook page and it shows pics of the mackinaw bridge sometimes during snow storms and fog... Looks cold but just as cold here probably.

Congrats on the weight loss Bama! 6 pounds is great! maybe you could try half lunges.. i think that's what they are called. might be easier on your knees.

40-50,000 dollars. :shock: Hope it works out for the septic. do you enjoy not working now? I'm sure your busy.. will you work in MN when you move?

Sue i need to read your emails and i owe you one too. :)

Superbowl tomorrow here. people are really into it. i heard that they may never have it here again because it's too cold. I think they just did because they just built a new stadium and replaced the metrodome. I have to work tomorrow but won't be working when the superbowl starts.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning ladies,

I have to catch up but don't have time right now hope to get back later today.....however, am a happy camper that the Eagles won and Pink did an awesome job with the National anthem even not feeling well. Plus I get the satisfaction that our tiger here in one of our sanctuaries hit the nail on the head with picking the winner LOL

I am blowing HOT air to all of you that need it....now now no snowballs...this is why I moved here so I can have 75 degree days in February....going to be like this all week....so I will be able to melt all that snow......

Hope you all have a good day and hopefully I will be able to catch up with you all later....busy day with list, cooking, and the list goes on....LOL

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

All caught up but not posting here at here giving me that stupid 404 error.. Will give it one more try and if not I will email it to you all.

GRRRRR

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I see everyone has been in and out. I am doing well. Saturday Dh made me go out for a walk. It was lovely but cold and I had no energy so I whined and complained. I am glad that he kicked me out though. :D Sunday and Monday saw no exercise for me. Rain on Sunday made for slippery times and then ice on Monday. I heard many people started out walking and then turned around and took their cars as the roads were in better shape than the sidewalks. :bugeyes:

Thanks for the e.mails Sue. I try and separate when hormones are acting up and when I am just cranky. I do best not to take it out on family or I just go hide and tell them to give me some time (a bubble bath is good for that). :lol: I am generally a fair and easy to get along with person so being irritated with everything is hard for me. :wink:

Bama congrats on the weight loss. Keep it up. :thumb:
Hi YAH February is a hard month of the year. Being stuck in winter is no fun. Good luck.

Well back to work.
TTFN! :wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi ladies,

Shopping today ......

Chris, HUGS on the walking and the menopause. Yeah I tried to go off by myself too but sometimes just didn't work....oh well it's past now PTL so I am just a normal "grumpy" on occasion LOL

Glad yours isn't as bad as mine was I wouldn't wish it upon worst enemy LOL

Have a good day and yeah I hated February's too this time of year back east....not fun but such is winter....

Blowing HOT air and I mean HOT as we will be 75 again today....and OMG she said on the news we will drop to the 60s Thursday and Friday LOL

Well on that note I am off....a good day to all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Wow those are summer temps for us Sue!! :sunshine:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

They are Spring temps for us and we have a feeling spring will be here early this year....which means a "brutal summer". I hope not as that means energy bills up the wazoo!

We are headed back down to our normal temps next week but now those are in the mid 50s to 60s so not really bad. Goes down to low 30s at night sometimes but usually high 30s low 40s.

On that note I am off to balance the Lucy as she's chugging away.

Have a nice day and Chris....blowing some of our hot air your way.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Sunday, Sisters! :sunshine:

I've been switching from Firefox to Edge because Firefox isn't playing nicely with security software, and have been having trouble logging on, but looks like it worked this morning. :D

Those are some warm temps, Sue! Although honestly I wouldn't trade the cold winter for your hot summers, at least not at this point. I'm probably in the minority, but then I usually am! :) I think the drug name in your emailed post was probably the reason for the 404 error you were getting the other day. I love Pink's voice, and was happy to see her doing the anthem, too. :D

I didn't have any mood issues with menopause, just hot flashes and night sweats. sister didn't even have those. Hope you are as lucky, Chris!

I have plenty to keep me busy, Bekah, so I can't say I've missed working yet. I did have a CPR/First Aid certification class yesterday, so was at the Y from 9 till 2:30. I will probably do something once we get to MN and get settled in. We are too young for SS and DH doesn't want to work anymore.

Bama, hope you aren't snowed in! We haven't had a very snowy winter. Today it's rain, rain and more rain. I didn't even notice that you wrote "months" rather than "pounds," I just thought it was cute that you were talking about losing weight and buying cookies in the same sentence! :tongue: I don't know why the Silver Sneakers class would be doing walking lunges anyway, but definitely opt out next time--they put a lot of pressure on the knee. Are you seriously house-shopping, or just browsing?

YAH, we do get our septic pumped occasionally. With the price tag, we decided to leave well-enough alone and take our chances. Maybe this old system is actually simpler and has less that can go wrong than a new system. As long as it doesn't fail a functional test, we might be okay. The heat is on in the MN, and so far, so good. dad said he was over there the other day and all was well. Since it has withstood some truly brutal temps already this winter, I'm less concerned now. Sending hugs and hope for an early sauna season for you!

I see everyone is staying active--yay for all of you!

We got our post-remediation radon test results and it's way worse than it was before, so the radon remediation company is coming back on Thurs. to try to it. Hope the basement is dried out by then. :?

I am sad to say that son and his girlfriend broke up, and she moved out. I hope he's okay. He says he is, but also said he doesn't want to talk about it, so I don't know what happened. I did suspect for several months that there was something going on though. :(

I think only other news is that I'm going to do a 30 day trial of a ketogenic diet, see if it helps with the migraines. I did okay yesterday, but am going to need to figure out some protein sources besides tuna and vegan protein powder or it will be a long 30 days. I do love carbs, but am trying not to think about oatmeal and sweet potatoes! I'm aiming for 30% protein, 65% healthy fats, and only 5% carbs. Keeping the carbs that low seems almost impossible, but I am going to try. Wish me luck!

It's after 8, so I'd better get moving here. The VVA picked up a huge load yesterday, so time to start making a new pile for them!

Have a great day, everyone!
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Afternoon everyone! Just popping in. Am home looking at the sunny skies out there. Been very cold though but I guess we're getting finally up to 20's today and maybe a few 30's to Wed. and then down again. But sun makes it look warm and winds haven't been too bad. son from GB has gone skiing at least 3 days of his vacation a lot while staying over his DB's house:) Glad he got out at least. He's still over towards Marq., might have him here for the night if he leaves tomorrow for work in GB, not sure yet. He did come up Monday and spent 2 nights here and really cleaned up the tiny room upstairs and fixed that rollaway bed up for better sleeping and moved it also to other side:) Thats the only room that gets some sun in morning around here but I don't go up. No bathroom up either. Guess he and a friend from here went to see the MTU snow statues also etc. Plus MTU broke an unofficial record of building 2,228 snowmen in an hr. too:) Was nice to have a few sunny days up there as seems like it was always snowing there but not here:)
DIL and kids are at her moms at CF's for a few days. I think she's looking around the area in case they get to return soon from MN. they can stay in her step dad's mom's house for a while though as she's in the nursing home now. But, son is putting applications out now to do remote work so he can live where he'd like to live in the U.P. And she can also work as her mom is close by then too and they do have a big house;) So I wish the best for them.
Older son is enjoying having his DB there a bit too:) While he IS there that is:) I think I will go spend a few nights there this week to get a very good shower also as Dh had to put all new pipes for shower here, but it comes out slow and not much pressure with the rust stuff I suppose and I like the nice lots of pressure son has on his:)) At least Dh fixed the leaking and all.
Bama, I did go to youtube and checked her out and looks good. They all sure seem so tall and in shape and long etc.:) We'll see I guess. Maybe when I'm up DS's for a few weeks while she recuperates I can do more too. Can't wait to get there:)
Bekah, no, can't move unless by myself since Dh isn't moving:) He has his Big garage for a man cave with office etc. as it was an old gas station so his buddies all come for chatting over there all the time. Guess they don't have a man cave:) He still works 8 hrs. a week, 4 hrs. at a time doing maintenance at a company in Champion. I loved laundry as nice and physical from top up but when I had to walk without support from linen cart or personal cart, worried knee was going to go down:( Loved being around the facility and all the people though. Would not want to work at home since I can't stand being home hardly:)) We get by, as we don't do travel etc. like so many people do. the U.P. is like paradise otherwise so why go anywhere?: Was sorry MN. didn't win for super bowl either:( Very happy the Eagles won at the end too though;)
Mo, yes, some older systems probably do work better in septics. Ours did work but willow roots were all over so their not in the back of the house:)
cost about $4000 but lots done for trade:) Dh goes check on neighbor across the highway's house to see that furnace is working etc. while their in AZ. I'm hoping he'll pay some attention to the cat Misa while I'm gone also. He has worked hard since he was 12 yrs. old, delivering newspapers then but up north in Calumet where going through snowbanks for 100 people Was work:) Then at the mines up there and then diesel engines from the inside out and being up here then, working alone in the woods in snow or mud etc. by himself and fixing them. They don't do that now. They have it brought in and charge the people for it and no cell phones then either if you got hurt. I don't care if he works or not now at 73 but he knows if they get bossy, he can walk right out:) But I would Love to be Out there doing something I love working even at old age. I'm sure your dad will love to have you by him for a while in MN.:)) So sorry about your son and gf:( bachelor sons are doing fine by themselves so far:) Son in GB is thinking he will go to better hospital to work also in GB with more or better management etc. Also in a yr. or 2, this hospital will be in closer places in the U.P. so he can transfer closer yet:)
Chris, glad your Dh got you out and all and keep up the walking while your young. Don't know about Menopause much, don't really remember any big stuff from it:) I'm just hot always, not sweating but warm:) Pass that I'm sure:) Would be nice to be Close to trails in winter though, bears are sleeping anyway;)
Sue, sorry about the bad nights and all:( Sure hope you find some answers for yourself soon. If I didn't take sleep helpers, I'd probably never sleep either. Hope you and all the others too are enjoying your ME day to the fullest. Since its later afternoon here, I imagine the temps will be going down soon. son had sent a few pics from skiing anyway and on the lakes too:) HI to anyone I missed and enjoy your FEB. take care out there! C U :chilly: :coffee: :sunshine: :wave:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

mo firefox isn't working well either. and it's a bummer because that's what i use.

dad has warm temps in FL too. It must be nice is all i have to say. :) i actually don't really mind the cold lately. i'm in and out of it so much with job. but i bet if i were to spend a weekend in California i would notice it. :)

hopefully you can sell mo without fixing the septic..

will you get headaches with no carbs? I do... what will you eat? I know you don't eat meat. I think gluten free does help me with symptoms. even if it helps just a little it's worth it.

sorry about your son breaking up with his girlfriend.

YAH it sounds like winters are just long for you there but you like up there. UP is very pretty... i've only been along hwy 2 from WI to Mackinaw Bridge. Driven it all life though and it's very pretty along lake michigan.. i totally was rooting for the eagles i'm glad they won...

Sue i will send you a email.

Chris have you started weights yet?

:wave:
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Molasses and Bekah, have you updated your Firefox. If you haven't that might be the issue.....just a heads up....well we are late so off to get on line stuff done, eat, walk and the list goes on for the day.

A good day to all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

:oops: no becky I haven't started weights yet. :oops:

I am walking today two 20 minute walks to and from work. :wink: I am going to try and leave the car home a bunch this week. Last week was bad and I think I drove almost every day. :roll:

Good luck with the keto diet Mo.

Hi All! :wave:
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Hi all, I do have Firefox also but son did update it and checks on it when he's up so I'm glad of that since I don't know much;) Its anther sunny day but 11 is our highest:( Was in 20's for the weekend and suppose to be in 30's maybe for the next 2 days. I'm hoping to go town and stay at son's a few nights to get out:) He'll be working but we'll get to visit a bit and I can let his cat out on his leash for the warm days anyway:) He loves it but its been too cold for him for a while:) Hoping you got more sleep Sue?
Bekah, yes, I love the U.P. and never go anywhere to travel as haven't seen much of the U.P. even:) But I do want to live elsewhere, closer to town and also trails etc. they have all over that are not Way in the woods. We are out here but next to highway and side road so not private at all. I figure if you live in the boondocks, should be land and private at least! so... take care out there walking at least?:)
Could not stand it being warm or hot All the time either. Got to have some change to look forward to but the winter could be a Little shorter:)
Mo, as long as the septic is working, should be ok:) Wow, sorry on the radon! We've never tested our basement. I know the Champion school that up on a hill in Champion had problems before they closed it down and had to get fan etc. installed.
Son came here for the night and left this morning for GB and work which starts at 1 pm his time. Miss him already:( At least he got a lot of cross country skiing done and also walking on the big lake:)
Chris, great on the walking but if icy, don't want to walk right? I see lots of people going to these ice caves outside of Marq., its icy on the way in once you cross the field, maybe a mile, and then very icy but so nice pics of the inside where curtains of ice are all over. I've never gone and guess I never will now with feet. They really have to wear ice things on their boots and all. I know a woman fell down and they had to rescue her out. Unless your very young and can move quickly, no good without ice helpers. I'm just so off balance that it wouldn't work for me anyway. Glad I can see things online as I don't get to see too much in real life anymore. Well, hi Bama and all and take care! :sunshine: :wave:
fat-to-fit
REGULAR

Post by fat-to-fit »

thanks for the info on firefox i will check. problem is computer tells me it's still running and it won't let me open it.. i got control alt delete and end tast and it still won't let me open it.

chris you could do what i do i split up the workouts daily. i do legs like today and the upper body the next day. the whole workout doesn't really take that long but i like it better this way.