Grocery Services

Post your reviews on fitness products and clothing.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ttugamer
STARTING OUT

Grocery Services

Post by ttugamer »

Hey everyone! Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I don't know where to put it. It's not really a product review it's more of a service review. :?:

Anyways, I've been looking for a grocery delivery service for a while now and was looking for some feedback or reviews from anyone here who has tried one? I'll give a little bit of background info on situation and what I'm looking for:

I live in a downtown area and the grocery store is about a 20 minute walk from place. I have a car but driving there and trying to find parking would take longer than it would to walk and I would have to pay for parking. Right now I'm having to make frequent trips to the store because I can only carry so many bags home at a time so I tend to only get a handful of items every couple of days. Luckily I have a market that is about a 5 minute walk where I'm able to pick up fresh produce which is the main portion of diet (vegan). But for household products and dry goods I've been looking into grocery delivery services.

I have it narrowed down to 3 services that I've been looking into and i'm looking for feedback on these if anyone has tried them. Amazon Pantry is one option (I already have a prime membership) so there would be no added membership fee for me, but they charge $6 shipping per order which would definitely add up after a while. The next service is Vitacost which usually beats Amazon on price and will do free shipping on orders over $49. Finally, there is Thrive Market which from comparison shopping seems to have the lowest prices of them all. Shipping is also free on orders over $49 but they charge a $60/yr membership fee. They also run frequent promotions and free items and I think I could pay off the membership fee with savings over Vitacost. After reading this review https://livingfreshdaily.com/thrive-market-review/ I'm leaning towards Thrive Market. Has anyone else tried them or used Amazon Pantry or Vitacost that would like to give me some feedback to help me make a final decision? Thanks!