Kickstarting weight loss. Please help!

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Lexi00
STARTING OUT

Kickstarting weight loss. Please help!

Post by Lexi00 »

Hello, I’m 17(almost 18) and also a female, and I genuinely want to lose weight and get into shape. I’ve been overweight whole life, starting at about age 4 or 5. I seriously don’t even know where to begin, how to eat, or how to keep weight down for long term weight loss. I’m about 85 kg (188 lbs). I have extreme fat storage mainly in stomach/back and neck/chin area. hips are almost non existent and I don’t carry any weight in butt or chest. I’m seemingly unporportional and as a senior in high school I’m sick of all weight issues. I’m just asking for a sustainable diet and exercise plan that will not only help kick start weight loss but keep it off for a long period of time. It is so incredibly frustrating and I’ve tried multiple times to better myself with no progress. I understand weight loss is a process and will take time, I just need to be able to start someonewhere. Will someone please help? Thank you!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Kickstarting weight loss. Please help!

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Lexi, good to speak with you.

Firstly be proud of taking this step and remember that it's not about what you have done in the past and kicking yourself or berating yourself if you feel you have failed yourself in someway, it is about embracing the change and moving forwards with a sense of optimism and positivity and not being afraid to challenge yourself or listen to any naysayers who may have mocked you before or might think you cannot succeed at this, because if you go about things the right way then you CAN succeed :).

I think the diet can be addressed before the training, so I'd like to know what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?