Question regarding keto diet

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

clem24
STARTING OUT

Question regarding keto diet

Post by clem24 »

Hi all, has anyone used the keto calculator. I am new on this diet and need all the help I can get. I think this is the right place because folks here would be more concerned about fitness stuffs. I also came across others urging that Keto isn't good because of the fact that carb intake will be lowered. What's your take on this?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Question regarding keto diet

Post by Boss Man »

No I have not used one of those calculators nor been on the diet, but to be honest your carbs will be considerably lowered and frankly I don't think you or anyone needs to do it, as it is not necessary in any way for weight loss.
djryanash
STARTING OUT

Post by djryanash »

I'm on keto - been so for more than a year.

It's the most awesome way of eating.

You don't need any calculators. Just eat the right foods and everything else will fall into place.

A sample menu from a day:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon

Lunch: Chicken with salad and olive oil dressing

Dinner: Beef or fish or chicken with roast/steamed veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower or other low carb veggie covered in butter and salt and pepper.

It'l take about a week until you're in ketosis, but once there, the benefits become clear.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Keto is fine for anyone dieting for strength contests, but ask anyone with a more well known rep in the industry and they will tell you keto is not good for anyone in normal circumstances.

Also keto means no carbs of any kind, so veggies mean you're not in pure ketosis, it means you're in partial ketosis and your calories will be underwhelming relative to needs. I would suspect your intake struggles to even get above 600 calories with the first two meals, which means you'll be under-eating and potentially depriving yourself of a more healthy amount of micro-nutrients.

The benefits might seem clear in terms of weight loss, which is what I suspect is the reason you started doing it, but unfortunately the things I mentioned are very unclear, because unless you have x-ray vision which I think you probably don't, you won't be able to see how your body benefits or doesn't benefit, from being in a permanently ketogenic state, so you could actually be harming yourself in one or more ways and then thinking you're getting benefits, because you look slimmer or even more ripped.
muscle_man
STARTING OUT

Post by muscle_man »

i have found something that might help. This guy gives you a cookbook, your grocery list and a 9 week muscle building course. If you message me I can give you a link.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Alternatively you could publicise the link on here in the interests of transparency and so as not to look clandestine couldn't you, but then I suspect if you did, it would be easier to ascertain that "this guy" might be you.
muscle_man
STARTING OUT

Post by muscle_man »

The link doesn't post on the forum because it's a word press blog. And no this guy isn't me. It is Chris Albert a professional trainer. I've been really looking into this keto diet lately as 2 people I know are on it. but if the damm link doesn't post, it doesn't post! I don't even know how to get text on a hyperlink lol. All I know is I saw (word press) scribbled out. Tried several times dude. Had to keep deleting the post and reposting it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Te reason the link doesn't post is because that type of blog was censored due to such blogs being used to illegally promote products and services, so it was done as a security measure.

The easiest thing would be to put the link in your post and then edit the link by putting a space in between the words word and press like I have done below.

word press
cleaneat
STARTING OUT

Post by cleaneat »

djryanash wrote:I'm on keto - been so for more than a year.

It's the most awesome way of eating.

You don't need any calculators. Just eat the right foods and everything else will fall into place.

A sample menu from a day:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon

Lunch: Chicken with salad and olive oil dressing

Dinner: Beef or fish or chicken with roast/steamed veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower or other low carb veggie covered in butter and salt and pepper.

It'l take about a week until you're in ketosis, but once there, the benefits become clear.

I agree. this is the best diet plan I've ever been on. The great thing about it, is it's not a "high discipline" diet after the first couple of weeks. In fact, it gets easier and is one of the healthiest ways I've ever lived. I eat once a day now and I'm loving it.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Once a day?

You'd never be able to get a healthy amount of vitamins and minerals from that kind of eating; I can't see how you could unless you cheated and ate 1-2 multivitamins a day.