14 and not losing weight

Teenagers and kids discuss your fitness concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

EliLosingWeight
STARTING OUT

14 and not losing weight

Post by EliLosingWeight »

Work out 6 times a day. Stuck at 220 lbs. Doing this for 2 months now. Doing Body Beast Program. Feel suicidal because I'm not seeing any difference.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: 14 and not losing weight

Post by Boss Man »

Hi there, nice to talk to you Eli :).

Firstly, 6 times a day is too much, you're overdoing it and your body might be shutting down on you, because you're getting an unhealthy relationship between diet and exercise.

Most people only need to exercise 3-6 times a week, to get results, as long as the diet is good enough.

I would suggest for now something like this.

As for the training you could do a body weighted schedule something like this

Squats, 2 sets, 10 reps

Lunges, 2 sets, 10 reps

Deadlifts, 2 sets, 10 reps

Chest press, 2 sets, 10 reps

Bent over Rows, 2 sets, 10 reps

Shrugs, 2 sets, 10 reps

Planks 30 seconds.

You would do that 3x a week every other day.

Then combine it with 30 minutes of cardio 2x a week. Your weekly schedule would look something like this.

Monday: workout

Tuesday: cardio

Wednesday: workout

Thursday: day off

Friday: workout

Saturday: cardio

Sunday: day off.

As for your eating habits, what foods do you eat and what times do you eat at?

As for what you said at the end of your post, I am not going to second guess how you feel and say you might not feel what you feel about this and it could be something else, because you might actually feel the way you said, so I'm not going to act like I know you better than you do, but if indeed you are feeling the way you said and it's not you struggling a bit ot understand your own feeling, then know that it's not wrong to feel like you do, but whilst I have never been in your position, or felt what you say you feel, I went through a period in life which I won't discuss beyond this paragraph, where I found some low moments that dissapeared, then resurfaced for a time and have gone away for now and that on / off experience lasted for around 7 months.

You're worth more than you could ever believe as a person. Your life your health are always more important than doing things with your health that risk long-term harm and you should be really proud of yourself for trying to tackle your circumstances and create a better future for yourself, so BIG PROPS to you young man and it will be tough at times, but it will be rewarding. Take it from someone who's trained for over 20 years to try and extend shelf-life, not because I had any health concerns.

Don't stop trying and keep believing in yourself, bud because you're worth it okay :).

Hopefully you'll let me know about your eating habits and i'll try and make some hopefully useful suggestions.