Green Smoothies

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ttugamer
STARTING OUT

Green Smoothies

Post by ttugamer »

I've been getting into having a green smoothie each morning with mostly veggies like kale, spinach, celery, chard, watercress, etc. and then a little bit of fruit to keep it sweet, and some flaxseed or hempseeds for some protein. I usually add some spirulina and maca powder to make it even more nutritious. I really love starting day out this way, it really just makes me feel great and it gives me energy that I definitely didn't get before I started this routine.

The main problem is blender is old and its giving out. It also has a really hard time with all the leafy greens, I end up basically chewing smoothie which kind of turns me off and so I end up not making smoothies as much as I should. I've been looking into getting a new blender to make life easier and hopefully keep me motivated to make a smoothie every morning and I was wondering if you guys have any blenders you would recommend for green smoothies?

I've been looking into getting the Vitamix 5300 after reading this article https://livingfreshdaily.com/vitamix-52 ... h-is-best/ and it's currently on sale for $270 which is pretty much an unheard of price for a quality Vitamix blender. But before I get it I wanted to see if anyone here had any other suggestions or info?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Green Smoothies

Post by Boss Man »

I don't know much about that one, but try doing some research on Nutribullet.
allstar2020
STARTING OUT

Post by allstar2020 »

yo tugamer,

i had a vitamix - way too big. get a magic bullet on amazon. only $40, works awesome, great portion control, easy to use and clean
blows other blenders away in opinion. happy blending
gododog
STARTING OUT

Post by gododog »

I think smoothies are overrated; try medicinal herbs instead. Read "The lost book of Remedies" by Dr. Nicole Apelian, the Book has the list of essential medicinal herbs that helps to heal you from various health issues. It shows the benefits and the ingredients and the ways to use these remedies.
RandolphRay
STARTING OUT

Post by RandolphRay »

I hardly manage to love smoothies, although many say that it's a healthy breakfast. I don't usually have much time in the morning, so it's an ideal option. Unfortunately, so far I can't overcome myself. I have an old Scarlett blender. It's better to revise the video reviews because some are not suitable for smoothies or have bad knives.