Jen's Journal

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

feelin-great
VETERAN

Re: Jen's Journal

Post by feelin-great »

I have always heard that you should drink half your body weight in oz, with a minumum of 60 oz. I am not sure if this is true or not, but that would put you around 83-84 oz per day minumum. I try to shoot for 100 oz a day, but that can be a stretch some days! Great new picture, by the way :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Thank you!

I'd heard that rule too. I think I'll try for 90 oz. I'm currently getting in about 50 oz. a day I think.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Don't hold store in the 2 litres a day things it's a misnomer.

American scientists in the 1950's discovered that about 2-2.5 litres of water needs replenishing in the body, but never said it must be drunk.

Theoretically it could be eaten as almost all if not all dead flesh and plant matrter has retained water, because obviously when flesh is killed or plant matter, picked pulled or threshed, the water doesn't evaporate, because the cells are no longer alive, to utilise the stored water.

However people misread this science as a need to drink the water.

You could aim for about 4 -8 glasses a day. Bearing in mind though, that if you went quite high on consumption and then started consuming lover amounts, you might feel a kind of craving effect.

Strange I know, considering water in it's normal state, is calorie, sugar and stimulent free, but suspposedly the body could crave water, if for example it got used to 8 glasses a day, then you started consuming 4-5 instead.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Ran 3.7 miles today!!! So so happy. I didn't time it, as I was aiming only for distance (aiming for 5k). Now that I have a month before next 5k, I'll work on pacing. I'm making a distance goal for the week now though. Trying to aim for 10 a week for the next month.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ArtzyJen wrote:Ran 3.7 miles today!!!
Great job!!! Such a great feeling :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Woohoo! Busted right on through that weight plateau! 165.6 today. A new all-time low. As of today I am 25.6 lbs away from goal weight. I counted it up today after measuring and finding I'd lost about another 3 inches and I have lost 23.75 inches since joining Shapefit two years ago. I'm so happy!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

WELL DONE Jen. I am so proud of you misses. You are doing brilliantly so keep it up and be proud of yourself, becasue you deserve to and you are looking more effervescent, radient and wonderful by the week :).
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

2.6 miles nonstop at a 10:11 pace! Best pace I think I've EVER RUN! It was only 52 this morning and misting rain when I started running at 6:30, so I got to pull out the long sleeved running gear. Nice, fast, perfect run!!!!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

ArtzyJen wrote:so I got to pull out the long sleeved running gear
Nice! I keep staring at mine in the closet....anxiously waiting to get to wear them again!
congrats on your run. No better feeling in the world than feeling like your flying down the road when your running. :D Remember as you work on increasing your pace, that it is even MORE important to stretch afterwards, especially the shins and calves. Tight calves can cause hip problems, hamstring problems, plantar problems....Ive learned the hard way. :cry:
Another thing to keep you motivated.....for every lb. you lose you can decrease your mile pace by 4 to 6 seconds. :mrgreen:
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I've been stretching for 5-7 mins after runs and especially hitting the hamstrings more since I know mine are tight. I think it has really helped. Did not know the 4-6 sec per lb. thing about pace... so that explains it! I've lost about 20 lbs since I ran a race pace going hardest like I did today.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

ArtzyJen wrote:2.6 miles nonstop at a 10:11 pace! Best pace I think I've EVER RUN! It was only 52 this morning and misting rain when I started running at 6:30, so I got to pull out the long sleeved running gear. Nice, fast, perfect run!!!!
Great job, you are doing awesome - you are helping to keep me motivated with running, too :D
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

Thank you, Jocelyn! Same goes for you. It's been a gloriously cool day here all day. Made me want to go out running again. I think it only made it up to 55 today!!! I adore fall weather. I think I'll take a nice long run along the riverside tomorrow. Aiming for 4 miles this time.

I just calculated BMI and I'm down to 27.5!!! Right in the middle of the 'overweight' category, but that is a milestone for me considering I was in the obese range just last year! I may be losing slowly, but it is coming off! I was 16 years old the last time I was this weight... so I feel a little younger now too! LOL
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You will also be biologically younger now as well :).
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I was glutened really bad for a couple of days and could barely do anything other than sleep on the sofa and go to school, so I haven't been active until today. So annoyed that one little exposure takes me out for days at a time, but I guess it is really a food allergy. Just did some calisthenics here at home and about 30 mins of cardio today. I'm hoping to get a run in tomorrow sometime. Don't have time today. On the bright side. I'm 165.0 and haven't gained any despite not working out for a few days.
ArtzyJen
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ArtzyJen »

I ran 2.69 miles on Saturday. I've been getting in cardio of sometime for at least 20 mins a day. School has me pretty buried right now, so I haven't had as much time to work out as I've wanted and I know I haven't been taking in enough fluids and I've been having way too much caffeine to get through the day, so I am limiting myself to one cup of coffee a day and no soda. I slipped up last week and drank about 3 sodas in 4 days (thanks to husband coming home with a case of diet mountain dew- a weakness of mine). I really felt it on run on Saturday... the lack of sleep/regular eating/fluid intake. Worst run I've had in ages. I learned lesson though... not happening again. I was proud of myself for pushing through and running that long though. I wanted to stop at 1 mile and turn around to go home, but I didn't.