Would i be able get six packs in 4-5 months?

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Arch-Angelus
STARTING OUT

Would i be able get six packs in 4-5 months?

Post by Arch-Angelus »

Currently im at 14% body fat.
i would like ot drop down to around 7-8%

diet consists of this meals: (NOT ALL are eaten in one day)
- Whole grain toast with peanut butter and sliced bananas
- Omelette with onions, spinach and red pepper
- Chicken breast meat with rice beans and seasoning (sometimes to i add tomato sauce or pomegranate)
- salad with couscous, red & green onions, cucumbers, lettuce,
- Almonds, walnuts , cashews as occasional snacks
- Whole grain toast with organic peanut butter and slice bananas
- Fruit Smoothie (no added sugar) mixed with low fat yogurt
- Little bit of Dark Chocolate.

Everyday i workout, i go on the treadmill and do an intensity run for 20-25 mins: 50s 4miles/hr, 50s 9miles/hr, 50s 6miles/hr and 50s 12 miles/hr.

i do 85-90 reps of these strength exercises (increasing by 5 reps every week) chest pushups, dumbell flies, dumbell curls, diamond pushups, military pushups, rowing situps/crunches, leg raises, bench-ups, jumping squats. lunges with weights, supermans and sky divers (back-lower back). and a 5min plank (basic, sides, leg raised etc..)

i spread out these exercises around throughout the 5 days of the week that i exercise

such as day 1: biceps, abs, chest,
day 2: triceps, back , shoulders and legs

If i keep this up for 4 months, would i be able to meet goal?

P.S. friend says ill end up losing muscle if i do these exercises and then do cardio-intensity run. Is combining cardio and weight/strength training bad?
Last edited by Arch-Angelus on Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arch-Angelus
STARTING OUT

Re: Would i be able get six pack within 4-5 months through

Post by Arch-Angelus »

so far it has been a month and a half. im definitely getting stronger muscles and everything and i think im starting to get a little bit of lose skin from (most of the fat was there =P)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Would i be able get six packs in 4-5 months?

Post by Boss Man »

Cardio is not bad for muscle unless you over do it.

Personally I'd not exceed 30 minutes 2-3 times a week.

Also do big muscles before small ones. You need small ones to help with the movements you use on bigger ones, so fatiguing them may affect Chest and Back work. Leave small ones for after you do the big muscles.

I'm not sure what you are referring to with 85-90 reps on your muscles. Is that per session, per exercise, or do you just do a massive 85-90 rep set on each muscle group?
Arch-Angelus
STARTING OUT

Post by Arch-Angelus »

85-90 reps of each exercise!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I think you're overdoing a bit, especially on the Triceps with all those Push-up variations.

I also think if you're going around 90 reps per exericse, then on things like Lunges that would be too much anyway. That's like doing 9 sets of 10, which would be overkill and you're doing Jumping Squats which must be with bodyweight, but Lunges with artificial weight, so you might get an imbalance in the Hamstrings if you're not careful, because you're not doing either bodyweight or artificial weight exercises for both the Hamstrings and Quads, you're using a different method for both.

I'd keep things more simple for now and step up later.

So try something like this.

1. Squats, 2 sets 8-10 reps.

2. Lunges, 2 sets 8-10 reps.

3. Deadlifts, 2 sets 8-10 reps.

4. Bench Press, 2 sets 8-10 reps.

5. Bent Over Rows, 2 sets 8-10 reps.

6. Shrugs, 2 sets 8-10 reps.

Planks 1 minute.

Leg Raises 20 reps.

You'll get some Abs stimulation from something like Deadlifts, so need to go crazy on the Abs stuff. Also don't use a weight belt, it could weaken the core, because it could prevent the core activating properly, if surrounding muscles and tissues use it as an assist, thereby limiting the stimulation of the Core.

Abs belts only need to be used for 1 rep maxes or if you've got a slight muscle strain, as a little bit of a protective support.

I'd do the above training method for about 4 weeks, then step up to more volume with some direct Arm stuff thrown in like E-z Bar Curls, Skullcrushers, Hammer Curls, Pressdowns etc.

Do this workout every other day 3 times a week, with Cardio on some of the off days, so the system could work thusly.

Day 1. Weights

Day 2. Cardio

Day 3. Weights

Day 4. Day off

Day 5. Cardio

Day 6. Weights

Day 7. Day off

Cardio at around 30 minutes would be okay and something like interval stuff could help, as it would be more likely to retain more of the effects, versus steady state, as the body shouldn't adapt to it, costing you some efficacy.

Having the off days like that, stops you training more than 3 days straight, which should be beneficial for recovery.

Hopefully that all makes sense :).
sajidtoor
STARTING OUT

Post by sajidtoor »

Thanks for every one sharing.......! :)