another workout journal :)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

weekly goal for week of may 14th

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Thanks boss. I'm going to do the lean program for p90x again. So it will be weights 2 times a week and cardio the rest. Starting sunday or monday.

I didn't exercise yesterday but today it is super hot out. I love it! :lol: today 2 20 minute workouts on the treadmill, workout 4, both times again. 266 calories burned

so 560 - 266 = 294 calories left to burn for saturday. :)

Here's the plan for this next week.

tomorrow cardio 294 calories to burn. I'm planning on doing some gardening too outdoors. :) dream really would be to have an organic farm or to have a berry and apple patch or something along that line. If gardens ever get big enough i might even start with a farmers market. Some day though not in the near future. This year is all about experimentation. The land our house was built on was prior farm land so i know it's good soil. We already have the basics planted but i want to plant some things we haven't planted before and see what happens. We also have apple trees in our back yard but they need to be sprayed want to check on that today or tomorrow too. They seem like good apples.

anyways i kind of went off track.

tomorow (saturday) cardio
sunday: p90x i'm going to do legs and back on sunday/ ab video after because i have to go to the gym for that and less people - cardio for 1 hour as welll later in the day
monday: cardio 1 hour
Tuesday: Shoulders and arms 1 hour cardio later in the day/swim lesson
Wednesday: have off
thursday: cardio 1 hour/ swim lesson
friday: cardio 1 hour
Saturday: off
Athene
REGULAR

Re: calories burned weekly goal!

Post by Athene »

Nice plan, P90X sounds great. I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the warm weather as well! Last weekend I went to the beach and walked in the sand, and it was so nice! Cold winters and hot summers sure make the season changes exciting... but I can't help but wish it would be warm a little bit longer :P
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I agree karrie on the weather although this spring i'm not doing much complaining!
musculArgirl2 wrote:tomorow (saturday) cardio
sunday: p90x i'm going to do legs and back on sunday/ ab video after because i have to go to the gym for that and less people - cardio for 1 hour as welll later in the day
monday: cardio 1 hour
Tuesday: Shoulders and arms 1 hour cardio later in the day/swim lesson
thursday: cardio 1 hour/ swim lesson
friday: cardio 1 hour
changing this too

instead of 1 hour cardio i'm just going to do 30 to 40 minutes cardio each day. so

musculArgirl2 wrote:tomorow (saturday) cardio
sunday: p90x i'm going to do legs and back on sunday/ ab video after because i have to go to the gym for that and less people - cardio for 30 min as welll later in the day
monday: 30 to 40 min cardio
Tuesday: Shoulders and arms 30 min cardio later in the day/swim lesson
thursday: cardio 30 to 40 min/ swim lesson
friday: cardio 30 to 40 min
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

WEEKLY goal for week of May 13th met!

Post by musculArgirl2 »

340 calories burned today. Weekly goal accomplished. It wasn't great exercise just walked dog 2.6 miles but it;s a little hilly. Might swim later or something but that's it for now.

I would feel more happy about weekly goal but i know eating was just okay this week. I had pizza twice this week. :oops: Hopefully diet like i mentioned in diet journal will work. Starting now! Basciallly i want to eat the same food all week. planned out and have a cheat meal next week. Want to do it for 1 week and see how it goes.

So goals for this coming week.

Calories burned for the week of May 20th. 1500 (trying to start slow.) Don't know if i should aim more than that or not.
Calves haven't been bothering me much at all and feet it is minimal or barely there.
i put goals for exercise down yesterday.
put goals for food next week in diet journal. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

swam today too. It's kind of hot out today and it felt so good to get into the pool! I wore a swim cap this time and ears didn't bother me. i only did 12 laps. I didn't want calves to cramp. Decided it's better to build myself up. I stretched alot while in the pool and was in the pool for 29 minutes but some of that time wasn't swimming. so far calves feel fine!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

week 1 day 1

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Did p90 x this morning. Shoulders and arms. Felt good. I used 8 pound weights for most of it. i think i could probably handle 10 pounds. so maybe next time i do that video i will try 10 pounds on some of the exercises. forgot to wear hr monitor while i was doing it but i was sweating. i'm going to be conservative and say 100 calories burned.

also later did 40 minutes on the treadmill walking on incline (workouts 1 and 4) so about 277 calories there so total for today 377 calories burned. 1123 calories left for this week. :) Good news too is calves are feeling fine now! see how it goes as i continue with exercise this week.
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

musculArgirl2 wrote: i only did 12 laps.
Only? :P 12 laps is a good day, any day of the week - you did good!
musculArgirl2 wrote:also later did 40 minutes on the treadmill walking on incline
You go girl!! That is awesome! :D :D
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

walked 2 miles with dog 200 calories?
30 min on treadmill 240
swam 30 minutes 12 laps mostly did one way freestyle/one way backstroke did take breaks maybe 100 calories burned? don't know on that one.

total calories burned today 540 in exercise

1123 calories left to go to meet goal for th week -540 = 583 left for the week. LOL have to have a higher goal it seems. :)

calves are feeling fine! dancing with the stars finale tonight yay!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

did p90x legs and back. i havent' done legs and back a whole lot so i was getting use to the exercises. But most of the exercises i figure i can do or modify. There are only a few that i know are pretty much impossible for me. Going to do ab workout right now!
not ab ripper too hard for me right now but an ab video that i found that is much easier but still difficult. i really like the ab workout because it feels so good when done! and i know it's good for core and posture which i like.

resistance band is still too easy. i hold a few seconds and i still find it a little too easy. Maybe use two resistance bands at the same time?? otherwise i could do the asissted pull up machine at the gym. and use the machines at the gym for legs while i'm there?

I honestly think i get a better workout for legs and back at the gym right now just because i'm afraid to do a lot of lunges and squats at weight. Wouldn't it be hard for knees? i think it's less risky for me on the machines with the weight i am. the thing is too where i workout out i don't have a lot of room for lunges or even the resistance band when i do a pullup. any thoughts on this?? Maybe next week i will try legs and back at the gym?? legs are pretty muscular when i'm thin anyways. So maybe i could do that as an option just for legs and back. i would still do other dvds at home. off to do ab video. :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

workouts for may 22nd

Post by musculArgirl2 »

1. workout 4 on the treadmill only 20 minutes. I know i need to aim for longer. 133 burned I've been doing workout 4 a couple times already. I'm still sweating when done but i'm not as winded while working out compared to the others. I know i should push myself more. Hr is about 147 while walking incline on workout 4.

2. walked 1.3 miles with lola 170

3. p90 workout legs and back

4. swim lesson tonight. It sucks it's on during dancing with the stars! but i will get home to watch half of the finale to see who won..

i think that's it for tonight besides that. :)

total calories = 313
583 - 313 = 270 calories left to make goal for the week.

tomorrow is off day. i may do a relaxing swim in the afternoon but that's it and only if i feel like it. :D
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Regards the Squats and Lunges, try 2-3 unweighted Squats and also try 2-3 unweighted Lunges on each leg, to see if you have any mobility problems, or feel any discomfort. If you don't, you should be okay to go light on them :).
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

p90x has like a ton of variation of lunges but i guess i will just stick with the program and buy 1 or 2 more resistant bands. Thanks boss.

wednesday is off day for exercise!! YES!

I'm a little sore today.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

another workout journal

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Goals this week is 45 minutes treadmill walking on incline and p90x twice a week. will swim too and walk dog at the park.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Swim time

Post by musculArgirl2 »

swam for 20 minutes today. i think freestyle is improving i still feel out of breath though and tired when i swim a coulple laps all freestyle the whole time. Sometimes i switch off and do the kickboard one lap freestyle the next or i do freestyle one way and backstroke the next. Today it felt so good to go swimming with the heat. It was like 90 something outside. And we haven't turned on the air yet so i was hot. The pool at new gym is pretty dead too. old gym had an indoor and outdoor pool for families and lap pools and they were beautiful BUT it also meant that it was packed in the summer. This gym not only is the membership much cheaper but i can go on a hot day and only 1 other person there. So nice! i didnt' know though when i went there was a swimming class about 24 minutes after i got there so i left. i could have stayed and done the class with the older ladies. But i didn't.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: another workout journal :)

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Exercise today:

Workouts 1, 2, and 3 on treadmill. For 60 minutes.

Swam 20 minutes only early this morning. Wasn' liking new suit so I stopped. I think I'm going to lay off on the swimming so much. Still will go especially if it's hot out but I want to focus I think more on the elliptical, the recumbent bike. I think I will burn a lot more calories doing that along with treadmill which I still love and am happy i bought.

Feet haven't been bothering me at all and calfs hardly at all.