another workout journal :)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: another workout journal :)

Post by musculArgirl2 »

haven't done p90x this week. But i'm going too. I will either do it tonight if i have time. (i have to work for a bit) :roll: or tomorrow and saturday.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Day 2

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Goals today for working out:

p90x shoulders and arms = used 8 and 10 pound weights. still think i could probably go heavier and use 10 pounds totally. hr monitor said i only burned 200 calories. Maybe not pushing myself enough. :? But DONE

treadmill ( 60 minutes) workouts 2, 3 and 4 = not done still not sure if i'm going to do.

walk dog 1.3 miles to 2.6 = walked 1.3 miles done

I did a lot of walking this afternoon and we ate out. I had a wheat italian sub. Probably not the best. I only had 4 hours sleep and since i've done so much walking i think i'm not going to do the treadmill tonight. I think i will call it a day.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Day 3

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Goals for today. Will check them off when done. :)

1. treadmill workouts 2, 3, 4 = workouts 2 and 4 DONE. Have to work a few more hours at job. They called me hopefully it's just a two hours. I will be bummed if it's longer. After i'm done i will do the 20 minutes of workout 3 on the treadmill. DONE!

2. walk lola 1.3 miles - Didn't do. Was planning on going right before they called me to work. and still might depending on how long it takes me to go with job later this evening.
3. (number 3 is a only a maybe) go to the gym and do 30 minutes recumbant bike = NOT going to do.

EDIT: Did workout 3 on the treadmill. didn't do number 2 or 3.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i'm kind of wishy washy on goals for today. I pretty much plan goals for the day out of thin air each day. LOL and i'm still uncertain as to what to do.

for sure want to do these three.
1. p90x legs and back. week 2 workout 2 i have to make up for not doing it last week i still haven't bought a second resistance band =

2. treadmill workouts 3, 4, and 30 minutes run/walk week 1 day 1 starting at 10 seconds.

3. walk at the park 1.3 miles - DONE
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

the bossman run/walk method

Post by musculArgirl2 »

I went walking today at the park and i felt so envious of all the runners i passed. feet are feeling fine. (knock on wood) i lately haven't had any issues at all!!

I think i'm going to try the bossman method again starting today! I am going to go very slow though. and not increase time by much at all each week! only 5 seconds each week. so if i start at 10 seconds i will take 11 weeks just to get to a minute running which i think can give me time to lose some weight!

if i have foot problems i might have to stop though... i will do it 3 times a week as recommended. I'm also going to really try to use the recumbant bike weekly at gym for cross training while i run. :)
Athene
REGULAR

Re: the bossman run/walk method

Post by Athene »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I went walking today at the park and i felt so envious of all the runners i passed. feet are feeling fine. (knock on wood) i lately haven't had any issues at all!!

I think i'm going to try the bossman method again starting today! I am going to go very slow though. and not increase time by much at all each week! only 5 seconds each week. so if i start at 10 seconds i will take 11 weeks just to get to a minute running which i think can give me time to lose some weight!

if i have foot problems i might have to stop though... i will do it 3 times a week as recommended. I'm also going to really try to use the recumbant bike weekly at gym for cross training while i run. :)
Sounds good, Becky! Working up to it gradually is so important with everything. I hope your feet stay healthy. Side note: I had the 4th pedicure I have ever had in life yesterday and feet feel so great! Do you ever do things like that?
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i have had pedicures and i really like them. we go to a school nearby that offers them pretty reasonable priced. the reason feet bother me is i have a small case of plantar fascittis so a pedicure really wouldn't effect that, i don't think. If they ache though or something like that a pedicure would feel wonderful i'm sure. I might try that next time they ache for whatever reason. :mrgreen:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

workout for sunday besides a 1.8 mile walk is nada. I put it off planning on exercising later but the basement in the afternoon became otherwise occupied till bed time. I could have though gone to the park or gym so that's still not a great excuse.

so far today:

walked with dog 1.5 miles - DONE

walked on incline workout 5, 20 minutes - DONE

felt really good the walk on incline. In the beginning i wasn't feeling motivated at all. But i knew i couldn't go another day without exercise! so i did 20 minutes in the basement and it was hot down there!! i was pretty sweaty when done.

i have to work for a while pretty soon. After work i want to do some more. :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Nice job today :D Not just anyone can motivate themselves to work out at home with work, life, and everything else going on around them. I know I couldn't, and I really look up to you for that.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Thanks Karrie. :) Goals for today.

1. walk 2.6 miles with dog: done walked with mom this morning 2.6 miles. Beautiful out. LOVED it. i'm thinking 350 calories burned??

Do the rest after work. :)

2. run/walk 30 minutes, run 10 secs walk 2:50: - DONE in a dark hot basement watching a reality show. :)
3. walk on incline 40 minutes workouts 3 and 4:

maybe p90x might do it tomorrow though:
maybe go swimming this would be just for fun though to cool off:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

workouts 3 and 4 completed today in a very hot basement! feet aren't bothering me at all so that's good. 270 calories burned for 40 minutes. 2 20 minute workouts. That's all for today. :)
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

Woohoo!!

Has it been nice weather for walking outside? It's crazy hot and humid in Winnipeg this week.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i do walk outside and it has been nice in the mornings especially. A little too warm during the day. But i like treadmill for workouts i get a better workout than walking outside.

Goals today:

Day 2 Week 1 run/walk
run/walk 2:50 walking/10 seconds running for 33 minutes - DONE 10 seconds goes so fast. I know i could do a lot more than that but i'm not going too. Just increase by 5 second intervals each week. :)

me and mom are going water walking at a local water park in the evening today. I think you walk against water kind of like in their lazy river or somethign like that. It's only 3 bucks to do it so it should be fun. she said you work up sweat but we will see how it goes. sounds like fun. :) :D
Last edited by musculArgirl2 on Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
feelin-great
VETERAN

Post by feelin-great »

Should be a great evening for being in the water - and tomorrow and Sunday as well, since it is supposed to be in the 90s and humid!
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

feelin-great wrote:Should be a great evening for being in the water - and tomorrow and Sunday as well, since it is supposed to be in the 90s and humid!
Yes it was! water felt great with the heat. mom and i really enjoyed it. I really think it is epecially good for mom. It really was a workout for her. Her legs were weak when she got out. I enjoyed it. There was hardly anybody there. It was like 85 degrees and you just walk against the current in the lazy river and do laps for an hours while the the sun was setting after the water park had closed. and it's only 3 bucks to go and it's close by! we had a good time! next time i'm wearing tennis shoes when i walk though. feet feel okay but i know a cement pool isint' the best walking. You almost were kind of marching just to walk against the current. a fun activitiy for summer no doubt. :D :D hopefully it tones your legs too! We are going again sunday. We'd go tomorrow but we are going out of town. :D

I dont' know what kind of calorie burner it is for me though. :? But it was great for mom for sure. :) I'm thinking i got to be burning 450 calories? Might wear hr monitor next time.