New and Do Not Know Where to Begin!!

Discuss female concerns here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

skinnyciara30
STARTING OUT

New and Do Not Know Where to Begin!!

Post by skinnyciara30 »

Hello everyone. I am a 30 year old single woman. I am 5'2 and weight 163 lbs. I have continued to gain weight consistently each year, putting on fifteen lbs in the last nine months alone! I am apple shaped: I carry weight in chest (I wear at 38DD but I don't know if that's right because I'm too scared to get measured... I don't want them telling me I'm like an F cup or something!) and I also have a big . It isn't hard and "spare tire" looking, it's just fat and jiggly. Sorry. But it's true.

I work two jobs, mostly night shift and get very little sleep. Sometimes I'm up for almost 36 hours...

I have an insane sweet tooth. One thing I have found to help curb that is to snack on red, yellow and orange bell peppers. yellow especially because they are kind of sweet.

I have all of the tools to workout (gym membership, TurboFire DVDS and a kettlebell DVD with the bells) but I do not know where you begin or how to start both diet and fitness at the same time. I need to see results consistently for me to stay motiviated. I would like to drop 10 lbs in three weeks, because that would keep me motivated and give me that extra push to keep going. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I know where faults lie. I do not work out, I do not get much sleep and I eat fast food probably 3-4 times a week. Fast food BINGES. I try to drink more water but I'm a Pepsi fanatic. I love carbs and ice cream.

I was reading an article about fasting and how you can lose weight by eating 500 calories two non-consecutive days of the week. You eat as much fruit, vegetables and protein as you want within the 500 calories, and stay away from carbs. 500 calories of fat and carbs is nothing, but 500 calories of vegetables is a lot of food! On these days you do light exercise... say yoga or pilates

Here is plan (rough plan) so far.

1- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. More if I can. Eliminate soda. I don't drink a lot of juice or milk. I heard black coffee is an appetite suppressant??

2- Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep AT ONE TIME (I usually have to break mine up into two or three blocks of time) if not a full 8 hours. Schedule sleep time as I schedule the rest of commitments and stick to it!

3- EAT Breakfast!!!: 1 egg plus 2 egg whites scrambled with 1 cup of spinach (cooked in 2 teaspoons of olive oil), 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup of green tea with lemon
Steel-cut or old fashioned oatmeal with apples, turkey bacon or turkey sausage, or fruit & vegetable smoothie with some Greek yogurt or mixed with an EAS CarbControl Protein Shake

4- Lunch: Salad made up of 3 cups or more of greens, 3 ounces of lean protein such as chicken or tuna (no mayo), ½ cup of beans (any kind), colorful vegetables plus 1 tablespoon of olive oil mixed with 2 tablespoons of vinegar.

5- Dinner: 4 ounces of fish, 2 cups of vegetables (roasted or stir fried in 2 teaspoons of olive oil) ½ cup of brown rice or whole wheat pasta (optional)
I will most likely forgo the pasta or rice at dinner because I would like to try to eat most of carbs before 2pm if possible

6- Snacks: keep them to 100-200 calories, such as plain greek yogurt sweetened with fresh fruit. Eat fresh peppers and cucumbers, lean meat wrapped around a cheese stick, nuts, berries, carrots, etc.

7- Do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day. schedule is nuts, but I can find 30 minutes to do something. I want to take fitness DVDS to work and do them on lunch and breaks because sometimes that is the only time I would have to get some cardio in.

8- Do yoga and strength training 3 days a week. I have done some beginner yoga here recently to help with flexibility and range of motion. I know that just losing weight by cardio alone isn't good and that I need to do some light strength training too.

9- Set small goals for myself, be it 3 or 5 lb increments. Allow myself rewards (NOT food rewards, I am not a dog!) for each goal reached, such as a manicure, new earrings, new outfit, etc. first 10 lb goal is a new hair color and cut :) I REALLY want to wear a bikini this summer so I told boyfriend if he helped me with plan that he could pick it out!

I know this is quite a bit to throw out there all at once, but I really need some advice or direction. How do these things sound? Are there things I should add or change or delete? Does anyone have an good suggestions for jump starting weight loss?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: New and Do Not Know Where to Begin!!

Post by Boss Man »

skinnyciara30 wrote: 1- Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. More if I can. Eliminate soda. I don't drink a lot of juice or milk. I heard black coffee is an appetite suppressant??

(I have not heard that, but because it contains caffeine which can have certain negative effects on the body, I'd avoid it.)

2- Get at least 6-7 hours of sleep AT ONE TIME (I usually have to break mine up into two or three blocks of time) if not a full 8 hours. Schedule sleep time as I schedule the rest of commitments and stick to it!

3- EAT Breakfast!!!: 1 egg plus 2 egg whites scrambled with 1 cup of spinach (cooked in 2 teaspoons of olive oil), 1 cup strawberries, 1 cup of green tea with lemon
Steel-cut or old fashioned oatmeal with apples, turkey bacon or turkey sausage, or fruit & vegetable smoothie with some Greek yogurt or mixed with an EAS CarbControl Protein Shake

(Are you including the eggs, broccoli, strawberries, green tea, oatmeal, apples and turkey products as one breakfast?)

4- Lunch: Salad made up of 3 cups or more of greens, 3 ounces of lean protein such as chicken or tuna (no mayo), ½ cup of beans (any kind), colorful vegetables plus 1 tablespoon of olive oil mixed with 2 tablespoons of vinegar.

(I'd stick to chicken, as Tuna is high metal and reccomended to 3 portions a week and you're already having a lot of fish for dinner as well.)

5- Dinner: 4 ounces of fish, 2 cups of vegetables (roasted or stir fried in 2 teaspoons of olive oil) ½ cup of brown rice or whole wheat pasta (optional)
I will most likely forgo the pasta or rice at dinner because I would like to try to eat most of carbs before 2pm if possible

(I'd keep the fish but consider other options sometimes to control heavy metal intake per week, so sometimes consider things like ham, turkey, chicken and beef as alternatives to fish)

6- Snacks: keep them to 100-200 calories, such as plain greek yogurt sweetened with fresh fruit. Eat fresh peppers and cucumbers, lean meat wrapped around a cheese stick, nuts, berries, carrots, etc.

(That's fine)

7- Do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day. schedule is nuts, but I can find 30 minutes to do something. I want to take fitness DVDS to work and do them on lunch and breaks because sometimes that is the only time I would have to get some cardio in.

(That's fine.)

8- Do yoga and strength training 3 days a week. I have done some beginner yoga here recently to help with flexibility and range of motion. I know that just losing weight by cardio alone isn't good and that I need to do some light strength training too.

(Good realisation at the end there :). The yoga and weights are fine as a schedule.)

9- Set small goals for myself, be it 3 or 5 lb increments. Allow myself rewards (NOT food rewards, I am not a dog!) for each goal reached, such as a manicure, new earrings, new outfit, etc. first 10 lb goal is a new hair color and cut :) I REALLY want to wear a bikini this summer so I told boyfriend if he helped me with plan that he could pick it out!

(Good reasoning)
MTintin
STARTING OUT

Post by MTintin »

Hello there.
These things sound really good. But if you don't know where to begin, you should hire a personal trainer. I personally achieved wonderful results (lost weight, got in shape) except for boobs! They've shrunk and I can barely fit fill a b cup now! Thinking of getting breast implants, like Miss Prestin. She got breast implants and she looks absolutely amazing. I would love to look like her. I've gotta hook myself up with her doctor in Toronto, Dr. Jerome Edelstein.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You might find if you embarked on a muscle building programme, to strengthen, muscle, bone and connective tissue, even another 5lbs of muscle might project the ladies outwards a bit more, so you wouldn't need to go for a possible surgery and the risks it involves.
MTintin
STARTING OUT

Post by MTintin »

@ Boss Man
Hmmm, a muscle building program sounds really good. Maybe, I'll give it a try.
Thanks for your reply. :wink:
Trish0102
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Trish0102 »

If you are really doubtful on where to start, it is best if you enroll yourself in a gym and get a personal trainer. You could also consult a dietician to guide you on the proper meals to have.
Jammy
STARTING OUT

Post by Jammy »

Eliminating soda is a great start....I did that years ago...nothing but water here and occasional tea.
Jammy
STARTING OUT

Post by Jammy »

Just looked at the date...well I got some new info from reading anyway. Lol
clairelv
STARTING OUT

Post by clairelv »

you have to continue to do as your plan otherwise it is nothing . and as you said you know the problems of yourself then quit the bad habits . actually you always know what should you do but you have never done . so the most important is you ! just do it if you decided to do it . i think you will get your goal if you continue...........