Going nuts with manboobs - Carbs, fats

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Ben1984
STARTING OUT

Going nuts with manboobs - Carbs, fats

Post by Ben1984 »

Hi

I am a student in a foreign country and I just can't spend that much money. I don't know cooking. I am trying to learn though.

So here goes...I have had manboobs for as long as I can remember. Many years ago, it was fine because I was fat. But recently I lost as much as twenty kilos.

I am now more or less the correct weight for height. 6 FT and 79 kgs. Problem is the manboobs are not going away.

So I got an idea to stop eating rice. But that is a problem since rice is so cheap. And I also want something that can fill stomach as much as rice.

I bought tortillas since they provide carbs as well. But then I see on the internet that flour tortillas are heavy on fat. Ok, so I can buy Corn tortillas right? Wrong..Supposedly Corn tortillas are higher in GI which is important when it comes to manboobs.

So what the hell do I buy? I don't want to lose more weight, just these manboobs. I even stopped eating Nestle chocolate cornflakes with milk since I know that is a big contributor. But that was incredibly cheap and useful.

Bottom line, as long as I have manboobs, I can't be confident while naked. And that is a big problem for me.
vamp
VETERAN

Re: Going nuts with manboobs - Carbs, fats

Post by vamp »

Well, congrats on losing 20 kilos! No small effort there!

Although manboobs are a diet issue they are also a hormone issue. You need to increase your testosterone so your estrogen levels are not so high and you can reduce them if not get rid of them.
To answer your next question "how" that would depend on what you have available to you in regards of short sprints (running), weights, space to perform body weight exercises, if you have any exercise equipment or even a gym membership.

Also an average day of what you eat each meal would be helpful.

Hope to hear from you soon.
ultimatehlth
ESTABLISHED MEMBER

Post by ultimatehlth »

I gotta agree with Vamp here. High intensity training (20-30) minutes max of push-ups, pull-ups, dips, squats, steps, and sprints are ideal. If you have a gym membership add dead lifts, squat presses, and cleans. As per diet tortillas and rice are both starches so they tend to make you fat as do potatoes, bread, and corn. Have more vegetables and legumes like black beans and lentils to fill you up. Lastly stay away from marijuana as it increases estrogen and will cause bitch (man boobs).
Best,

Los Angeles Personal Trainer Holywood
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The things Ult was mentioning in relation to things like potatoes, rice etc, starchy carbs, moderation is what I preach.

If you reduce the amount of those things, you can add lower GI carbs to compliment them and reduce the impact on bloodsugar, I:E 50% rice carbs and 50% mushroom carbs, or 25% potato carbs and 75% broccoli carbs.

Starchy carbs like rice have content like iron, calcium etc, potatoes have Vit C for example, pasta has fibre, antioxidents, iron etc, so they're not as horrible as eating KFC bargain bucket and Krispy Kreme doughnuts for example, so you can have them.

Cooking also reduces carbohydrate content in your food, but I can't quote you amounts in grams or percentages as it varys from food to food, so if you use the caloire counter on About.com, you'd be able to look up a few vegetable and legume and grain options and some will be listed as raw nutrient content, some cooked and some cooked without salt as well, then you'd see the minefield that is cooked carbs versus raw carbs :wink:

Although as a result this will impact on your bloodsugar, because cooked carb content being less, will not spike bloodsugar as highly.

Hopefully that all makes sense :).
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Good advice already given!
ChampionRising89
STARTING OUT

Post by ChampionRising89 »

I know this thread is old, but I hope that others find it useful: the root of your problem is low testosterone, and of course, excessive body fat. In some cases you will need surgery, but if you don't, then all you need to do is to focus on increasing testosterone and you can do so by fixing your diet, working out properly (focus on strength training + HIITs) and sleeping 7-8 hours a night.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Who says the root of the problem is low testosterone. Do you suppose it could actually be excessive oestrogen?
Jaryprest
STARTING OUT

Post by Jaryprest »

Hello,

When it comes to fat we carry it in many different ways. Some people carry it on their waist, some on their arms, some on their thighs and butt, and some on their chest. Everyone is different and in order to lose the stubborn areas where we carry the most fat we have to reach a pretty low body fat percentage. If you are say 15-20 percent body fat then you would probably need to get down to 8-10 percent body fat to get rid of your moobs (haha). Body fat percentage is truly the tell all when it comes to losing weight. I would recommend buying fat calipers or a tape measure. Calipers are easy, but the tape measure is a little more difficult. Just take a measurement of your waist and chest and if your chest is bigger than your waist then you know where you are carrying all your fat.

Good Luck!!!
eley08
STARTING OUT

Post by eley08 »

I have the same problem with fats.It is so embarrassing.result of years of bad eating habits.I've tried all sort of diet I can think of but no luck