Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hi, Sweat Sisters,

Good luck with your shopping, Bama. I know how many pairs I usually have to try on to find pants. Yay on Day 9! I read "Still Alice" and "Wild" but haven't seen the movies.

Your dad will be in prayers also, Chris. Great workouts for you!

The Star Ledger used to be a great paper, Sue, but it has gone down hill the last few years. If they ever ditch the puzzles, I'll drop subscription, but at this point, I still prefer doing puzzles with a pen rather than a keyboard. :tongue:

This morning I did a mixed 20 min. workout, first was 4 rounds of 40 sec. of jumping jacks, 20 sec. plank, 40 sec. high knees, 20 sec. cross-body mountain climbers, with no rest. That took 8 min. so then did 12 min. on the TM.

Have a great day, everyone!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning sisters,

On tap for today....Evening workout walking/dancing/cardio

Another all night up and itchy itchy itch and add a "b" to that to make what I was like....scratching, slamming things....was NOT a nice person.

Went out and came back to bed several times as the fan annoyed me in the bedroom, the sheets annoyed me and everything made me itch. I had taken 1 allergy pill earlier and took another one. Nothing helped.....finally gave up and went and sat in chair, read and scratched from 3 a.m. to 6 a.m., finished all the mags....and just lay in chair...with the sheet I grabbed that didn't have any "nubs" to annoy me. Finally at 6:45 a.m. I heard the alarm go off and took myself inside and no fan on and so put sheet on top of me and lay there. Chuck said about half our later, are you getting up and I said yes I just need to stretch out and that was the last I remember till 9:20 a.m., so up and did meds, and other morning things, making the bed and taking the second sheet off I had put on top of the other cause that is one of those ones we got from Target that shrunk and isn't too long along the sides. However I found if I tucked that one in and put the other one (an older one from our single bed day (for when mom and dad visited) I was alright.

So had breakfast and Chuck and I talked.....drove him nuts...I did apologize as I said I wasn't very nice and checking in and doing mail now. Was going to cook today but too late now.

Enjoy your movies, Bama and let us know.

Chris, great workout last night and know your dad has been in prayers and I will do some extra one for him today. HUGS and lots of prayers coming your way.

Great job on your 9th day Bama, and good luck with the pants.

Molasses, great workouts today.

Well I am off to check mail, ah yes the gardeners are here kicking up the pollen too....just want nose and skin needs LOL

Take care all taking "grouchy" self off,

Sue

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I'm sure your Dad will be okay Chris, just try not to worry too much if you can and just try to keep your daily routine as normal as possible, because you still need time to be yourself and look after yourself properly too, so you can try and be the best sort of person he will need in these circumstances.

So chin up, head high, stay strong and GOOD LUCK
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Chris, continued prayers for your dad...

Bama, so did ya get those miles in?

Molasses, did you "hang" anymore yesterday and will you today?

On tap for me...RLW of cleaning this morning and evening workout WHM Sculpt Sexy Arms

Have a nice day,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Good morning, all,

I was cleaning out breakfast cupboard a few minutes ago, and opened a jar of decaf Folgers. The smell made me cry, thinking of DA, who has been gone 3 mos. already. So I am drinking a cup of her coffee in her memory.

I am taking the day off from working out today, unless I decide to do some yoga later. (If it's not too yukky sticky hot in exercise room.) And I will do some hanging! But I had taken a few days off from mudroom project to pick weeds out of the paver sidewalk out front, and then fill in the cracks with sand, so I just finally got the last of the stuff cleared out of the mudroom this morning. It's astounding how much stuff was packed into that little room. Winter hats and mittens, DH's yardwork apparel (tons), tools, paint cans, umpteen dog leashes. . . . Now to sort through all the stuff and see what I can get rid of. I had a charity pickup yesterday, but will schedule another one soon so I don't have to keep storing stuff. :)

The chimney guy is supposed to come today, as long as it isn't storming anyway. On the phone, he called the problem "spalling." Apparently the bricks may have been too porous, so water gets in and then freezes, and chips off flakes of the bricks. If it's not bad, sealing will work. If it's worse, he'll have to chip the bricks out and replace them.

Great workouts for you, Sue! Hope that means you are feeling better today.

Yay on getting through your challenge, Bama!

Thinking of you and your dad today, Chris.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Chris, thinking of you today....HUGS

Oh Molasses, HUGS and know that DA is looking down at you today....while you had that cup of Folger's....we drink it too and love.

Hard for us to believe it was 6 months since our Buddy passed over to the Rainbow bridge. Had a moment today with his paw print.

Have fun with the hanging and with all the RLW's you have done...I am sure you will be fine. Us too soon Molasses, need to do some purging of closets, boxes etc.

Hoping the brick work is the easy one.

Yes, feeling better till "stupid me" swept the patios....ah the blonde came out LOL

Well off to breathing, meds and nap....I am tired....

Have a nice night all,

Sue

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

No workout last night as had a terrible headache, was very tired and eyes were bothering me too.

For today....RLW this a.m. with the vacuuming and Evening workout walking/dancing/cardio

A good day to all,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey all just a quick hello for me! :wave:
Dad's surgery went well and we are encouraged for his recovery. The tumour was reduced in size by the chemo/rad therapy. Looks like no issues with surrounding nerves so all sounds good.

As for exercises this week may be a big bust for me. :wowzer: Oh well... :roll:

Thanks everyone for the prayers and encouragement. I am hoping to do some exercise for myself tonight. Maybe yoga...

Good moving all and I will catch up soon.
Later Gators!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Chris, so glad everything went well for your Dad. I wouldn't worry about exercise . sometimes you do better when you have some time off.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Sue , sorry about your headache , Hope you are better by the time you read this.

Hugs, Nancy

Mo, Just know that you Aunt is much happier now. and yes she is looking down at you and smiling

Hugs to you .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon sisters,

Wanted to check in and see if Chris had any news and I see she did and oh Chris, I am so happy the surgery went well and you are encouraged for his recovery. continued prayers are coming to all of you. As for workouts, they will wait and you needed time off sometimes too.

I see Bama agrees on the time off. Oh luckily the headache was gone when I woke up this a.m.

Well off to look at some more workouts and then Flickr before comics....bad back and all the computer room dusting awaits.

Take care,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

So happy to hear the surgery went well, Chris!

Sending healing thoughts to you, Sue, and hoping you are feeling so much better in the morning.

Thanks for the hugs, Bama!

I didn't get any real exercise in today either. I went shopping and did some housework, but had some DH stuff to deal with this morning during workout time. Tomorrow is another day, right?

Sweet dreams, everyone~
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Strength training today (Boss Man's workout) with two 4 Min. Metabolic Miracle rounds as a finisher. That'll teach me to take off two days in a row! :D

Happy Friday, Sweat Sisters!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

As I expected no workout last night, but I feel better this a.m., with another faux Nuprin and sleep. However, testing of a workout for next month will wait as I need Mari this a.m., to finish stretching me out....LOL

So Mari Windsor's 20 minute Pilates workout; and evening workout WHM Sculpt Sexy Arms

Molasses, thanks for the healing thoughts.

Great workout this a.m. Molasses.

Or we can do Image

Chris, hope your day is going well and continued thoughts and prayers to you and your dad and family.

Bama, so have you decided on your June workout plan?

Well off to eat, workout and cook!

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hi All,
I hope you are doing well. I am still not completely with it. Man am I brain dead! :bugeyes:

I have a plan for June which will continue on from there. I am going back to basics and the easiest version of the exercises. I am going to work on slow progress but consistent progress. I am splitting up weight work over four days, having a yoga day and two days of whatever comes along. There should be enough variety to keep me interested. I will start plan on monday.

Glad you are feeling better Sue! Enjoy the stretching.
Great strength work Mo!!
Hi Bama hope you are enjoying your family!
Have a great weekend all!!