Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Hi again sisters,

Well it's that time of the month....so here goes:

May wasn't too bad a month early on missed two mornings on Wednesday due to shopping and got a lot of walking in and 1 Wednesday for cleaning and got plenty of RLW in...and a good thing too as I was so exhausted I missed evening workout too. Did have 1 Monday morning with tummy issues. So all in all not bad...which makes me a happy camper. Still doing great with the veggies in plus more fish and looking to try to get even more fish in too. In addition, still on track with chocolate for the month. Did not do well with the PB this month. Plus I need to buy some new PB. daily fruit was great with lunch, plus in breakfast too. Got Vitamin D for the month as always with fish and daily dosage too.

June is a month of Upper and Lower Body workouts...Start date for June will be June 1st.... Weeks 1 & 2 MWF morning will be Mari Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting; MWF evening for weeks 1 & 2 will be Prevention's Summer arm shape up with Denise Austin; For Weeks 3 & 4 MWF evening will be WHM's Get Sleek, Sexy Arms; T-Th will be walking/jogging in place/dancing for the month; Week 3 MWF morning will be Fitness' The Short Shorts Workout (and no I don't wear those anymore...but I will be thinking of the song...."who wears short shorts, we wear short shorts" while I do it LOL; MWF evening for week 3 will be Prevention Triple Your Toning Arm Workout; Week 4 MWF morning will be 2 workouts I will combining from Prevention -Flab Your Thighs (Exercises to tone your upper legs) and Prevention's Get Lovely Legs; MWF Evenings for week 4 will be WHM Get Sleek Arms

Food goals: Food goals remain the same...continue to take vitamin D, and keep up the increase in the fruits and veggies in diet, and try some different type of veggies, which we have been doing well with. Also continue to try out some different recipes, which had been going very well but slipped up a bit and have to get back on the stick. Plus continue with the getting in chocolate several times a week. Didn't do well with the PB this month and need to buy some so I can get back on the stick. Doing great on our cutting down on the ice cream. Now just need to get on the stick and make up some fruit based desserts. Our soups mixed with egg noodles are working out great giving up lots of veggies and the sauce is already included; in addition to getting 2 dinners out of a can. Plus tummy likes it too LOL We are going to start to have them over rice, and other types of noodles, like little farfalle and ditalini pasta too.

Coming up to our last 3 pieces of our lasagna left we made up. So next up is some of our manicotti too, so lots of variety. In addition with the warmer weather some cold salads too. Doing very well getting fish into diet having it on most Friday's; along with some veggies too. I still have some left of salmon fillets, and fillets with Alaskan Pollock and will also be adding some crab and lobster for lunches and maybe even dinners for the Summer months.. In addition to the other frozen pasta dinners we will be making up for ourselves, and we are bound and determined over the next 2 months to get the pastry dinners made up we wanted to try. . We are determined to get the pastry sheets next month and plus also want to make up some calzones too with our pizza dough. Plus off our duffs and make up our ravioli too! Seems like time just goes by too quickly LOL
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Chris, been there, done that and am going back to basics myself....splitting upper and lower body workout with weights and weight band/combo and some just using body force...in addition to some walking.

So I do feel for you and as for "brain dead" it's one of the most used phrases in our house...comes with old age.

Your your plan sounds like a good one, and I did enjoy the stretching very much, as back was still a bit stiff. I was going to try out a workout for July but back said NO I want Mari LOL

Have a good weekend,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Hi ya'll, Just got home from having dinner , our usual Friday nite out . LOL I did enjoy it of course always good to see friends.

This morning I finally got a good strength workout in . Felt good as I had been neglecting muscles. LOL .

Also this afternoon I found a workout on you tube and did it . Power walking with Jessica Smith.

Chris sometimes it is good to get back to basics. I plan on working on Plan this Sunday with a start day of Monday. Wow June already.

Sue, hope all is well with you tonite.

Hi Mo, same for you.
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Bama, I see a night out with friends and some good workouts too. Yup had a good Friday night fish dinner with corn, peppers and scallion added in was yummy, had a scoop of Speedy Tracks and got 14 chocolate race cars and got workout in too. Watched part of the senior contingent....Matllock and Diagnosis Murder and finished the night with I Dream of Jeannie....

The champ won again on Jeopardy and Chris, from Let's Dish gave me some more yummy recipes....

House is already dusted, Lucy is washing the towels and off to check mail, eat, and clean some bathrooms, make up a frittata and work on pics.

Have a wonderful Saturday and weekend....

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Have a wonderful Sunday.....well first Sunday with no Cherry Blossom....hoping it's just one thing and not all but this week....no product at all....

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Sunday back at you, Sue, thanks! Sorry about the cherry blossom, but it sure isn't worth the smell if it makes you itch. Looks like you had a busy Sat., but I know you are enjoying your Sunday relaxation time today. :) Glad you had a good May, and looks like a good plan for June, too.

Glad you fun Friday night, Bama, and looks like some good workouts for you.

Sounds like a good June plan for you, too, Chris.

I did Yoga for Flexibility this morning, and then we went to Home Depot to buy some supplies for a few projects. DH got landscape timbers to replace the rotting ones by the driveway, and I picked up stuff to re-grout the tile in the upstairs tub/shower. Wish me luck with that--it'll be first attempt at grouting. That job is not for today though.

I am considering plan for June; need to get it figured out today, since it's already June tomorrow. :tongue: I signed up for the Say It, Sweat It, Get It challenge again, which is just a week, starting tomorrow, but that's only about 5 min. a day so I'll just add it onto whatever else I decide on for the month.

Have a wonderful day, Sweat Sisters~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi Molasses,

No not worth the itching over and yes I am pleased with plan. Yours sounds good so far too. I see you have been busy project wise too with more to come...good luck. Good workout today too. Good luck with the grouting.

Well off to get ice tea, and go check mail, and some other stuff on line before I go off line to play games.

Have a nice Sunday everyone,

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Hey All,
No exercise to speak of but I do have some good news. Dad should be getting out of the hospital today! :clap: He is doing very well and is anxious to get home. I think he wants to boss people around.
Have a great day all!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Oh Chris, I am so so happy for your dad, you and your family.....doing Happy Dance for you Image LOL about him bossing people around.

On tap for me today Mari Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting this morning and Prevention's Summer arm shape up with Denise Austin

Molasses, and Bama hope you too are both doing well and have a good day.

Even with no "cherry blossom" had a bout of the itches again yesterday.....GRRRR

Well off to check mail, eat, workout, make up a grocery list and cook up some more brownies...easier than cake and I am not in the mood.

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Great news on your dad, Chris! I'm happy dancing with you and Sue! :clap:

Great workouts, Sue, and here's hoping the smell of baking brownies turns your frown upside down. :wink:

Hope you had a good weekend, Bama.

20 min. workout for me this morning: quick warm-up, then 2 segments of the 4 Min Metabolic Miracle workout, then a 1 mile run on the TM, cool down, and a little foam rolling to top it off. :D

Say It, Sweat It little burst coming up this afternoon.

Happy June, Sweat Sisters! :sunshine:

Our sunshine is of the liquid variety today, but that's good with me--we need the rain, and I like the coolness that came along with it. Have a great day, everyone~
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon sisters,

Molasses, I see a great workout today and send some of that rain our way. Oh not frowning....just tired of the itching GRRRRR but yes the brownies smelled great and so did popcorn as I ran out and needed to replenish for daily amount....nothing I want to talk about on line LOL

Yes Bama, hope your day went well,

Well I am off ......

Sue
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Fitafter50 wrote:
Our sunshine is of the liquid variety today, but that's good with me--we need the rain, and I like the coolness that came along with it.
Well I think we've all learned something now, which is that you like being damp / moist.

Now that's a whole other topic of discussion right there :funny:

Out of interest and not that it bothers me, but what is the difference between this discussion and that WOW thing, as they look like the same thing and about 40% of the content is identical to what gets posted here, not to mention the last WOW someone started in February that was supposed to last a week, is nearly 4 months old :tongue:.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
No workout last night as I crashed. Time to dig out the wet noodle and get moving again. It has been far too long. I have been careful with food intake so I don't feel like pants are getting tighter. Well I must go back to the old standby - if I don't workout I can't come on the site to check on friends. That always makes me start up again.

Oh Boss Man!! :wowzer: We won't start that discussion. I am not on the WOW site so I am not sure about the content.

Hmmm... what has got you itching Sue?! Could it be a food allergy?

Great workout FitMo!! Enjoy your challenge. We have the rain too!

Morning Bama!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters,

Sorry I have been missing lately . This afternoon I will try and catch up.

Yesterday I did 5 miles and full body strength .\\\

Today so far 4 miles of walking .

5 miles yesterday was 3 in the am and 2 in the afternoon.

Maybe I will get a couple in this afternoon

As I said I will catch up later today.

Car in shop and have to go pick it up. Strange I told Husband that it is in the shop and i only drive it a few times a week and we are are only here about 5 months a year . Oh well it is what it is .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Evening workout walking/dancing/cardio

Chris, "here's the wet noodle" and now toss it and start over.

Chris, have bad allergies for years but a friend has issues as she got older and sounds just like mine so probably a combo of issues I have had coming back again and age.

Bama, great workouts and sorry to hear about the car...

Molasses, hope your day is going well.

Sue