Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Bama, kudos on the good find and I agree an awesome price. The cooler on wheels sounds great too. So what was for dinner?

We still have windows and doors open but after lunch will have to put a/c on...more for the equipment in the computer room/aka hobby room.

I have been opening up first thing in the morning while it's cools and that is helping us to keep it off a while. Do it while we can as soon with the 100+ and being warmer in the a.m., and heating up fast will have to put a/c on when we get up. Price we pay for living in a very sunny, and hot environment, but have to say rather be here than back up in upstate NY....LOL

Now if only we won the lottery we'd move to San Diego where it's 70 year round....now that's "perfect weather" LOL

Well off to check other boards and then lunch and after lunch check mail as Second copy is backing it up now.

Sue
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning Gals,
Well I am completely drained from yesterday. Had DS into day surgery for work. It took a very long time!!! We got there at 9:30 and he went in at 11:30 and I hadn't heard anything by 3:00! I know the gals are busy... Lucky me I had a room to myself for him and I read and paced most of the day. So no workout last night. I kept him with me so I could watch him over the night.

Great to see you here YAH!! I have read the WOW board from time to time so I am familiar with the gals from there (and of course sweat sisters).

Well I have to head out again. I am not working all day today I need some down time and some exercise as well.

Have a great weekend all!!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters,
A beautiful day here and our street is very busy with the Garage sales . I stopped at one where the old school was (they tore it down last summer ) It was 100 years old and Mother graduated from it . Hated to see it go but everything is progressing and getting so much bigger . DD and are coming for a few days as she is off for the summer . So not a lot planned . Just will be nice to have her here for a while . I , of course will see Son but probably not the older GKS as they are too busy to visit . LOL. I remember when I was that age and Mom and Dad insisted we visit so I do understand . That's what happens when they start growing up'

This morning I did a little different workout . A warm up maybe 5 minutes then the upper body with 8 pounders( I do miss heavier weights) and then some more walking and Jogging . Then on to the Lower body which was only lunges and squats( Did I say only) some walking and then the second set of them. After that another 20 minutes of walking plus cool down and stretching . A total of 60 minutes .

I liked breaking up the upper and lower with some walking in between.

Changing the beds today and that is a workout in it's self with these huge mattress' and box springs. Finally I called DH to help me . Geez, I like to sleep on the them but the changing is for the birds . Out to dinner with our Ohio friends tonight . There are 3 couples who go out each Friday night and each week who chooses where to go is alternated . We chose last week. Sometimes more will join us but I think tonight just 6 of us .

Well that is it for today.

Chris hope all is well with the little one .

I just received in the mail when school starts next year . Earlier then usual Middle of August and they will get 3 weeks off for Winter Break . What happen to Christmas break.!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great week end everyone . See ya all on Monday
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Not much sleep again last night and another "itchy one"....whatever, tired of talking about it. Life goes on.....

On tap for today....Mari Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting this morning and Prevention's Summer arm shape up with Denise Austin

Chris, so sorry about poor DS and hope he and you both are alright. Think you had plenty of workout with the worrying and pacing Chris. Prayers for a quick recovery for DS and you getting some down time for rest and have fun with the workout.

Bama, I see a nice day there too. Right now 60 so is nice. I see more garage sales. Yeah I know all the buildings with character are being replaced. Glad DD and *** are coming for a visit and you will see your son. HUGS on the Gkids. Nice workout and I feel for you as I so miss being able to use 10 pounders by doctors orders 5 pounds or less.

We have a California King Bama and a "older one" and very very deep 15" and luckily we finally found reasonably priced sheets for 15 inches at Target.

Molasses hope all is well with you.

YAH hope you slept last night and are feeling a bit better too.

Well I am off,

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Sounds like a good workout for you, Bama, and a fun weekend coming up, too. :) Great garage sale scores yesterday, especially on the knobs! I do like garage sales, but haven't been for quite awhile. Maybe tomorrow I can get out to check out a few--find that rebounder that's out there with name on it! :tongue:

Sending quick healing vibes for your little guy, Chris, and some energetic thoughts and hugs for you.

I totally agree, Sue--70s is perfect weather! I'm happy that we've had a few cool days so I could get out and do weed-pulling without cursing the heat with every breath. :tonguepoke: So sorry about your itchy, sleepless night, and hope you can get to the bottom of what is causing it. Great workouts!

Hope all is well with you, YAH.

We have a queen-sized bed and I'm considering downsizing to a full next time we buy a mattress. We tried sleeping on DS's king for awhile, but DH complained that I was too far away. We just don't use that much of the mattress as it is, and I'd just as soon have more floor space.

car was fine yesterday so I did get out for hot yoga last night, and got errands run at the same time. I have book club tonight; we read All the Light We Cannot See which I didn't want to read, but turned out to be good, and although sad, not as horribly depressing as I'd expected.

Strength training for me this morning, with some more gardening a little later. I am feeling last night's "half moon" poses in glutes, or maybe it was from all the squatting to give the weeds a good yank, but something gave me a sore sitter. :wink:

DS is no longer in the Army! Yay! I am so grateful that he got out with all his limbs and faculties intact, and I have no more worries about those darn trips to Afghanistan. :sunshine:

Have a great day, everyone~
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Glad you are feeling better , Sue. I think it is either age or the weather . LOL First I had trouble with eyes and then got them cleared The are really chapped and even with using chap stick at night and during the day .

Mo, glad your car started and you got to you yoga class. I need to check to see what classes a re available around here . Again this is a small town and everything is so far away .

Well I am cleaning house and guest bedroom for DD and Chloe. Time to get back to it . Break is over .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Hi sisters,

Molasses, glad the car was alright and you got a workout in. Yeah I will be asking both primary and dermatologist about it.

We had to go from Queen to King when we got Alex (95 lbs bull grown) and then Brandy (85 lbs) full grown and both slept on the bed. Cassidy was 85 pounds and Buddy 65.

Congrats to DS....wow time flies as I can remember when he joined.

Thanks Bama, but still itchy and bad back is back with "no sleep" last night....off to nap.

Enjoy your visit,

Sue
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

RLW's today and last night I did walking instead of weights.

Here's a link to one of the greatest moments in history.....and I was watching it with dad. He bet on it but not much as odds were not going to pay off with this being THE GREATEST HORSE IN HISTORY.....

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/6/6/872488 ... er?ref=yfp

Brought a lump to throat and tears to eyes......

We are pulling for American Pharoah....

Have a nice day,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Good Morning Sisters and Happy Sunday,

A day of rest for me today .

Back on schedule tomorrow .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning ladies,

Since we are headed to 98 today and 105 tomorrow, the cat has the right idea!

Bama, enjoy your "rest day"....as you already know Sunday's are "me days".....so off to get it started.

Molasses, YAH and Chris, hoping you too have a wonderful Sunday.....

Sue
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I cleared the static from attic with Baron Baptiste this morning--Power Yoga Level One. (That's something he says in the video, "clear the static from your attic;" I find it amusing.)

It's an absolutely glorious day today. :sunshine: breezy and warm, but not hot. I've got laundry on the line (normally I'd wait till tomorrow, but I think clouds and humidity are coming back), and strawberries are picked. I've been picking a quart or two of berries the past week. I've eaten a ton, given some away, and frozen 16 c. already. :) Maybe I'll take the paper outside to do the puzzles in a bit, just need to figure out what we are having for supper first. Hope everyone is enjoying the day.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
I hope you all had a fabulous weekend. We stuck around home. Yesterday was a real "get things done" day for me. I headed to the garden centre and got supplies and then did a fair bit of gardening. I now have three containers to fill and plant, one is self watering tomato container that I made from totes. That took a lot of work to fill. I then worked on the tiered planter that Dad and I made on Mother's day weekend. I found plastic window boxes to go in the wooden boxes so that will help keep it looking nice. Then I tackled the deck container that Dad had made me a few years ago. I then put in some bedding plants in front gardens. Slow and steady and it helps if you know what are plants and what are weeds! :bugeyes: I am still learning! :funny: So back got a great workout from all the gardening. This week should be more "normal" for me and I can get other things done. We have a cool rainy week in store so I am starting a home cleaning schedule. Here is hoping I can keep up with exercise and cleaning! On the plus side laundry is done!!

Happy Monday All! :thumb:
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Morning everyone!! Thanks on all the good vibes and thanks also Bossman for the kind words too :D Seems this weekend went by so quick and after working Fri. and Sat. and hanging around son's house to give him ride to get any part he might need also as he has been working on his Wrangler jeep since Fri. when he took off day from work and he already had weekend off but thats all he got to do and it hasn't worked yet :( Bought 2 new parts for it which he put on, but not the right ones i guess so he has 2 new sensors on. Thinks now its the fuel pump which might have gave up after trying etc. and some trouble in past and Dh and what son read also online, that they do seem to go eventually on these kind. Think he'll have it brought in for fixing since it has to go on hoist. Dh did them himself but a big job and I think son is tired of working on it. He usually always fixes anything wrong on it himself. At least we still had the old Explorer for him to use if needed now since Dh got his new 93 truck :)
Then I went again up there Sunday but ended up also going to Marq. on younger son's bday since he was alone with kids as DIL had to go to the camp that she puts in a few days a week in the summer by her parents house to get ready for camp opening etc. She will be back later today and kids hopefully are in daycare today. So enjoyed that visit and got to even babysit for a bit so son could go get a few things from the store :clap: Middle son came over there later and I left and they watched the NBA final's I guess and the kids had gone to bed. Middle son did a 16 mile race on Sat. but I couldn't get there since I was working even though it was in afternoon but son and family did but missed him coming in as he was faster than they expected:) Perfect sunny day Sat. for it and not too hot. But rain since then or cloudy on Sun. and today also. Just mostly cloudy and warmer. Dh is at work and I should go son's later to shower and wash some clothes also. At least so far both sons can go in work the same time if no one called in, as they do floors today and that is at 2 or 3 p.m. So that is about all I've been up too :wowzer: Missed DB and SiL yesterday going through from their trip though as not home.
I am hoping leg just lets me work now and I figure can't be bad thing if its still going:) But if that real bad pain comes back, I will go ER for it this time. I do wish I would have got a pic of it or something :x
Sounds like you all have been very busy since last I was on! Mo, so glad your son's out for good also. And wow thats a lot of work with those bramble's and envy your strawberries too! 4th of July we have them around but I never seem to get out there to pick and their farther away. Seems everyone wants vacations in these next 3 months so I could be picking up a lot more work except for leg. I did sign up for some though.
Sue, hoping your itchy's are going away soon? Hope your back feels better also and you got more sleep. I did sleep last night for once with a few wake ups. Got up soon after Dh left for work and put in country ribs in slow cooker for some saurkrout later also :D Need to get more garbage to throw away also and more bags to thrift store too. Glad you had a good ME day and loved the video of the horse race.
Bama, enjoy your DD and also and sounds like a good deal on the garage sales also:) There have been so many in towns now but I didn't get to any. Your weather sounds like our's :bugeyes: One day cold and one day too warm.
Nice to see you too Chris and sounds like you have a little one who I hope will be ok? Thats a lot of gardening to get in also:) I don't seem to get anything planted but would like a couple of tomato plants later on. only plant, a big bleeding heart is coming up and I did get a few lilac's finally off trees. We still have frost here sometimes :?
Well, enough for this post hey? Just wanted you all to know I like this place and appreciate everyone I've met all these years also :D You are some of best friends you know? baby boy was 31 so he's over that hump I guess. His wife will be the same come August:) He joined a Snap Fitness place thats by him so I hope he gets to use it a lot too as his computer work keeps him sitting too much and he's still in good shape so want to keep it like that:) You all keep up the good work you do so well also:) Have a very good day and week now. :coffee: :wave:
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Good morning, everyone,

I did strength training today, with a 4 Min. Metabolic Miracle as a finisher.

I hear you on the back workout, Chris! Sounds like you had a very active weekend--yay for you! I planted seeds in a few more garden beds last night and all the bending and squatting does leave an impression. No wonder I can't get rid of sciatica. :tongue: Good luck with your To Do list this week. :thumb:

Glad you posted, YAH, and your leg pain has subsided somewhat. Yay on getting to babysit and seeing your boys, too! :sunshine: Happy belated birthday to your youngest. So smart of him to work out even though he isn't overweight, especially with a desk job. I keep hearing, "sitting is the new smoking." :D Congrats to your middle son on his fast race! Hope your oldest can get his Jeep fixed without paying too much. I'm so happy you finally got some lilacs! It always makes me feel cheerful to be able to bring flowers in. I am heading out to cut some peonies after I finish here.

Hope you had fun with your favorite girls, Bama!

Hope your Me Day was wonderful, and not at all itchy, Sue.

Happy Monday, all~here's to an active, healthy week!
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Well this has happened to me before . It may be something I am doing but I had a nice long post written and went and hit submit and puff error 404 . No time to re do it . I will have to start doing what you do Sue and write it somewhere else and then copy and paste.

Happy Monday all.