Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Re: Sisters in Sweat Journal (but all are welcome)

Post by whenlifewassimpler »

Morning sisters,

Well we are headed to 105 today, 81 already at 8:30 with 36% humidity (high for us) and 57 dew point (not good).....so we are closed up and a/c has been on already. Even I was hot when I got up this morning.

On tap for this a.m., Mari Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting this morning and WHM Sculpt Sexy Arms (the other one wasn't doing it for me)

Molasses, I agree I like the "clear the static from your attic" too. Glad you had such nice weather too yesterday. MMMM strawberries, wish I lived closer LOL

Chris, we, like you, were homebodies this weekend, but then we are normally homebodies LOL A busy Saturday but relaxing Sunday as is the norm. I see you got a bunch of gardening done and mmm yummy tomatoes. I used to know all the plants/weeds stuff years back, but not any more since we have "gardeners" here in the apartment. So a great outdoor workout for you and a productive one to boot always a good thing. Good luck with the cleaning this week.

I see you spent the weekend with your son, YAH and hoping he gets the Wrangler Jeep fixed. Glad you had the other for him to use. A Happy Birthday to D*&& and glad you got to go up and see. I see DIL had to take care of the camp she puts on. Oh and how wonderful you got to baby sit J & T too...but they loved being with grandma. Yes I saw you middle son's pic and boy he is in good shape so doesn't surprise me he did so well. Hope you got to son's for shower, hair and clothes and bummer on missing your DB and SIL.

Keeping fingers crossed, doing prayers and sending good healthy vibes to your leg.

Did good yesterday with the itchies, YAH, thanks. I did have to take a Bufferin for back yesterday but thanks. Yes sleep I did get but we both were tired Sunday....mmmmm ribs and kraut...

I feel the same YAH, as you ladies are only friends, as you all know. Good luck to "D" with the fitness center.

Great workout Molasses. It was a nice "me day" thanks, and yes the itchy stuff was very little.

Bama, hope your day is going well.

Well I am off to eat, workout and do some paperwork, etc.

Sue

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Alabama 1 wrote:Well this has happened to me before . It may be something I am doing but I had a nice long post written and went and hit submit and puff error 404 . No time to re do it . I will have to start doing what you do Sue and write it somewhere else and then copy and paste.
It will almost certainly be down to one one word a combination of 2-3 words that incurred the wrath of spam fail safes.

You actually have a button on the posting window that says "Save draft", so if you eventually post and get the error message, you can retrieve the last save and then tinker with the post until it comes up okay in your preview screen, then if it previews okay, it will post okay.

Copying and pasting something to an alternative working environment, like word pad for example, would not alleviate the problem, unless you eventually corrected whatever word(s) caused the anti-spam measures to block the post, but you can use the save draft facility and that should help to protect what you've written, or alternatively if the error message occurs try using your back button, because I think if I recall, your content will be preserved when you use back button and it will reappear, but that might be browser specific and may not happen in just any browser.
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning Sisters,
Had a good and productive evening last night. For workout last night I did Arms and Back. The exercises were horizontal pull (3 sets, 30 reps), alternating bicep curls (3 sets, 15 reps with 7 lbs), triceps kickbacks (3 sets, 15 reps with 3 lbs), and hammer curls (3 sets, 15 reps with 7 lbs). elbow was hurting some but that had more to do with pulling weeds on sunday. I did do elbow exercises as well and then put some heat on it. I also worked in some cleaning into schedule and I got the back entry straightened up and the mirror and door window cleaned. Really that is all that is new with me. Don't I lead such an exciting life?! :funny: Time to start drinking water (another healthy goal of mine).

Thanks Bossman for the hints. I never noticed that save draft button before! :wink:

Wowzer Sue that is HOT!! :wowzer: Great workouts Sue! Nice to have standbys to pick up when a workout isn't working for you.

Sorry about the post Bama! What were you writing about? :bugeyes: Hopefully the hints from Bossman will help.

Great workout FitMo! I know it is hard on us to do that gardening but it is hard to leave it alone too!!

Sounds like you had great visits with your kids and g-kids. Hope your son can get the Wrangler going. We have been having frosts here too YAH. I keep running out and covering things.
BBL!
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good day all! Wow! that is hot Sue! Hopefully we Never get it here. It is up to 70 and that is hot for this early in the morning but I doubt if it will get too hot today and then cooling by tomorrow from T-storms later tonight. Waiting to see if I can babysit again for gkids as DIL has to go to the camp tonight for tomorrow all day and they usually have them home for Wed.'s and so son can get some work done. Not on schedule this week for Wed. anyway so I just wouldn't answer if they call:) DIL still works PT at the rehab co. but had to let the FT job go since the kids were so sick on and off this winter so she goes pt to this camp to teach making baskets. Lots of kids go there for some weeks in summer also so later she can have her kids there when their older or they will send them to camp there. I finally got some more hummingbird food out there so hope if there were any, they didn't give up on me :(
Dh had his nest of eggs by his garage as usual of blackbirds or starlings that is fun to watch but one of the squirrels that he never caught got up there for the eggs so the birds are gone. I did get to town to do all the things I wanted to at son's anyway yesterday afternoon and as they were going to work for 3 pm, I saw them for a while also. Got home at 9 p.m. So I did get some different exercise as I went up and down the basement steps over there as washer is down there:) Very carefully with leg though. Now doing some towels in washer here and will hang them up as I think it will be nice weather until later.
Bama, hope you get to write more later and I did use the back button once and retrieved it to put it on again. I suppose your lawn is getting cut by the boy now? I know you enjoy your DD and all a lot so have fun :D
Mo, that gardening by itself is a lot of exercise I would think :wowzer: I can't squat really and knees aren't the best and can't get anyone to make higher plant stands so, wouldn't be doing much in that area :( I don't know what it is about water but as I grow older, just love to sit and meditate by it so when you look for a place to live, hope you get it by some water too:)
Sue, hope your sleep was good last night and hope it cools down there but I doubt it right? I love to hear at work when a colder person says their hot :) It means they wouldn't be trying to put off fans so I have to put them on again :D They can hug the hot dryers all they want.
Hoping you all have a very nice day and Chris and all of you sound like you sure have your workouts planned out good:) I see you put heat on your elbows Chris. I wonder if cool or heat would be good for veins in leg or? Tried to show son back of legs where one of them bulges out more with coiled up or? and he said legs look good and muscles:) I said but I don't think their muscles in that leg since I don't walk That much to get them! More of something else in there:) Anyway, enjoy your day all!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

Gonna be another "hot" one but hey this is California and it's that time of the year and this is why all of this portion of the country has a/c.

Only thing is I could do without the higher "humidity and dew points" I want our "dry humidity" back of 20% and below when we hit 105 not in the high 30s or 40s with a dew point to match. NOT GOOD LOL

Bama, am sorry about your post. Yup this is why since I came on line years ago always typed it up in mail program and cut and pasted. Plus I have a good spell check to use in it also. LOL However, at least here you can save a draft copy of your message, as I did that a couple of times when I have had to email someone here.

Nice evening Chris and excellent workout. I see both of us concentrated on our arms last night. Oh I love hammer curls. Wow and some cleaning too, you were one buys lady. LOL yes our lives are so scintillating aren't they.....hey they are to us.

Yeah it's that time of year in the central area of California.....HOT HOT as one guy said on the news last time, we came from our area at 105 went to SF in the 80s (which is hot for them)....and several other places that ranged from 70s to 90s and then San Luis Obispo I think he said where it was in the low 60s....our weather patterns really vary.

Yes, Chris, I have a lot of good arm workouts from WHM back in the old days.

Oh YAH, I know what you mean as when it hit the 70s on Long Island it was hot but then we had anywhere from 70% to 90% humidity. YUCK YUCK

Hope you get to baby sit this week and oh won't your hummingbirds be happy campers.

I haven't seen Carolyn in a while.

Oh no poor birdies. Bad squirrels.

Happy you got into town and got your things done too. Glad you were careful with your leg.

Oh I had another bad night with the itching. I actually took an allergy pill before going to sleep and took a while as all I wanted to do is tear at skin but I finally got to sleep and only woke up once.

Wow even me "cold most of the time Sue" wouldn't be cold in laundry conditions like those....I worked in that environment with dad. And LOL as in the winter with our anemic heat here....Chuck and I fight over who takes the sheets out of the dryer as they are so nice and warm LOL

Well off to go eat, clean up some produce and the list goes on....

Sue

chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

A nice short walk at lunch today! I didn't watch the time but I am thinking 20 minutes.
Good Morning YAH! I just love occasional hot packs so if I can use heat for something I do. I don't know about the veins in legs though. :? You do walk around and all those stairs would be helping your calf muscles. I hope you can get to babysit again!

Good Morning Sue! I love the hammer curls too! I got a magazine subscription from one of boys to support their school and the first one finally came!! I ordered Muscle and Fitness and who was the cover man but Arnold himself. SO I should get more workouts that I can keep in reserve. :D

Have a great day all!!
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Post by Fitafter50 »

Hello, lovelies,

Sorry about your post, Bama. I haven't had that happen here, but I do notice that when you mention your granddaughter, for some reason that abbreviation gets replaced by asterisks. :?

I wish you were closer, too, Sue--I am running out of freezer space! Sorry about that darn itching, but glad the allergy pill helped eventually.

I hadn't noticed the "Save draft" option either, Boss Man; thanks for pointing that out.

Great workout last night, Chris, and yay on getting your cleaning done, too! Yup--can't have a garden if you aren't going to get out there and weed it--it can get away from you scary fast! As long as it's not buggy, I enjoy being out there; I was telling mom the other day that it's almost a form of meditation. :) I don't have to worry about frost though--I don't think we've had any frost since the beginning of May. Yay on your walk today. Enjoy your Muscle and Fitness! I haven't read that, but I get Oxygen which is maybe a women-oriented version. Or maybe not. What do I know? :roll:

YAH, I'll bet you do have leg muscles--when you are pulling laundry around, you are most likely bracing your body with your legs, and getting in a core workout, too. Maybe try both heat and cold and see which feels better? I agree with you on the water--it's very soothing, especially if you can hear it moving. :) Hope the hummers get the word and come flocking to your feeder! And I really hope you can babysit and build some memories with your little sweeties.

I did a little Pilates (thighs and buns, arms and shoulders, and waist trimmer) with girl, Lara, this morning, and then did a 4 Min. MM to finish.

I've been experimenting with amino acids and am finding that a one chewable GABA and one L-tryptophan before bed really help me sleep through the night. (I started with just the GABA and it helped somewhat, but when I added the tryptophan it seemed to multiply the effect.) Some nights I haven't even awakened when DH has gotten home. The only side effect is that I must be sleeping with mouth open--I wake up with mouth feeling like it's full of cotton. :tongue: I'll take that though as long as I can get sleep!

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone~
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Evening Sisters, Just stopping in to say "hey" . You all know when I am here I don't have as much free time to keep up with everyone. I am reading the posts and keeping up with workouts. I did 4 miles this morning and this afternoon I tried a walk DVD on the rebounder. Not to shabby and much easier on feet . See how I feel tomorrow.

Only two more weeks here and we will be heading back South . They showed the house today so maybe this will be the one. Definitely tired of going back and forth plus having two bills of everything. .

Had to go for a hair cut this morning for the first time here. Just went to a walk in place and she did a good job . So I now have found a place for that . Lots to do when you are changing states.

Happy evening all.

Bossman thanks for the info .
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Afternoon ladies (or should I say Good Evening to all of you as it's 7:14 p.m., for most of you,

Glad you got a nice walk in Chris. Oh I used to get Muscle and Fitness mag and wow "The Arnold" on the cover. Gosh I can remember his "muscle beach contests back in the day". Your gonna love the workouts.

Oh I noticed that too, Molasses, and I thought Bama was doing it. Yeah me too, Molasses, as I love tomatoes. dad and I used to plant them too back in the day. I see you did some Pilates with our buddy, Lara, will have to pull her out for maybe July or August as I have her Pilates one and a weight workout one too.

Oh we know Bama, you have a lot of family time there and that's good. Great workout this a.m. I hope it's the "one" Bama, doing extra prayers for you. Wow you were lucky with the hair cut...funny I just said to Chuck last night time for us to do our hair again.

Well I am off to meds, breathing, wash off (itches are back again) and nap time......see you in the a.m.

Sue

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

chriscandothis wrote: Good Morning Sue! I love the hammer curls too! I got a magazine subscription from one of boys to support their school and the first one finally came!! I ordered Muscle and Fitness and who was the cover man but Arnold himself. SO I should get more workouts that I can keep in reserve. :D
I would heed caution purchasing that particular magazine, as it has garnered a reputation in the past, for promoting poor workouts, so that when people don't get enough progress, they might start to want one of the multitude of supplements being flogged in it.
Fitafter50 wrote:
The only side effect is that I must be sleeping with mouth open--I wake up with mouth feeling like it's full of cotton
That's better than waking up with a moist chin :funny:.
young at heart
HIGH FLYER

Post by young at heart »

Good Morning all! Well most of the T-storms have passed I think and its only 50's now. Heard some thunder last night but not too much as I think it was worse south of us. DIL was at her parents house south of us so I think they really got hit around there. Someone? woke me up a bit too early again:( So I got up after 5:30 a.m but was going to sleep another hr. at least since I fell asleep a bit after midnight. So I am up and going to get ready to go have fun with the gkids I guess:) Son can do some work in his little office upstairs or go in to work for a bit even if he wants. As long as he tells me what they eat now if their hungry:) I imagine I'll be tired a lot later driving home way out here:(
I see the state police have someone pulled over on our side street here. Probably speeding. Still darkish out there as some clouds but suppose to be dry for the rest of the day but cool and maybe rain Thurs. night into Friday. Hope you all have nicer kind of weather also and hope you can cool off somehow Sue also? Enjoy your day and I hope you had some good sleep last night.
Bama, wishing for the best for the sale of your house! Its so great looking, who could not snatch it up? Enjoy your time in Ohio now.
MO, those strawberries sound so yummy! Glad your getting in some good sleep also. It all depends for me and when I know I'm going work or?, nothing seems to work sometimes:(
Keep up the great workouts Chris and everybody:) I know I should be working out some parts on days off really. then I get lazy:) Have a very good day today :coffee: :wave:
chriscandothis
REGULAR

Post by chriscandothis »

Good Morning All,
Last night was another productive night for me. I did get workout in. Chest and abs was last night with wall push ups (40 reps, 4 sets), bench press (15 reps, 4 sets, 2x10 lbs), chest fly (15 reps, 4 sets, 2x7 lbs), knee tucks ( 25 reps, 3 sets) and russian twists (20 reps, 3 sets, 1x7 lbs). I also got to work on the kitchen cleaning the counters, two windows, two light fixtures and the stove top and range hood. So far I am feeling good about the week! :D

Thanks Boss Man!! I really appreciate the info on the magazine. I hadn't heard anything about it. Rest assured I am not a supplement kind of person. I like to keep it real. I had picked up another fitness mag and noticed the same thing it really turns you off. On the other hand they do need their sponsors and all. :roll:

I knew you would love the Arnold cover Sue!! One of boys has been imitating Arnold even though he hasn't seen him. I think it is a phase the boys are going through at school (maybe talk of the next Terminator movie). Anyway I got to show them who Arnold is and what he looked like back in the day.

I hope you are enjoying your time in Ohio Bama! Looks like you are doing well with your workouts too!! :thumb: I will keep positive thoughts for your Alabama home to sell soon.

Great workout FitMo! You are right about gardening being therapeutic. I like to go through the online version of Oxygen. They are from the same company I think. Interesting thoughts on the GABA and tryptophan. I will have to look up research on those. As you know I am a terrible sleeper and have been forever. So glad it is helping you!

Good morning YAH! Sorry about the lost sleep. I see we all have the same problem with that. Yea, on getting time with the gkids!! :D When your son gets home tell him you fed them sugar all day! :funny: With exercise I have good days and bad days. You do what you feel is good for you, YAH.
BBL!
whenlifewassimpler
VETERAN

Morning sisters,

On tap for workouts today....Mari Winsor Pilates Bun & Thigh Sculpting this morning and WHM Sculpt Sexy Arms (the other one wasn't doing it for me)

I got the mag years ago, Bossman and then it wasn't bad, but since I had friends who ran a weight center at the time and were very well versed in that area of both the physical, mental and they had their doctorates in the field we would always have them back then to talk to about our workouts. I miss them but they moved out of US to Germany many years back...

YAH glad the thunder bumpers have passed and wow nice low 50s.....we have high dew points and humidity again today with the thunder bumpers in the mountains and surrounding areas so will be a repeat of yesterday's mugginess. I will stay inside....thank you very much... lung condition does NOT like humid. LOL

Sorry about "someone" and waking you up and have a nice day with the grandkids. Oh will stay inside and stay cool, YAH.

Great workout last night Chris and I see you played Mrs. Clean like I love to do too LOL

Ya know me so well Chris LOL Yes we, too, are looking forward to the Terminator too....."I'll be back" OMG Chuck is on Google Plus and a cat is on a skate board and just jumped a Rottie...."as Chuck said "wow dude" out of way"....what a hoot.

I will have to check out the sleep stuff too, but then will have to make sure they play nice with all the "meds" I am on already.

Morning Bama and Molasses....

Well off I go.......

Have a great day,

Sue
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Morning all, I think it is still morning , I am no longer a clock watcher .

Beautiful day here and it is going up to the 90's for the next couple of days. I love the sunny days.

Yah, See you are baby sitting. LOl when we first bought this house I baby set a lot but now they are growing up and the two older ones are at the age where they don't want to come to Gramma's house. Little Chloe is going to be 8 soon so that will start to change also. I haven't seen any of them as much as I did when they were little .

Chris that was some workout . What are knee tucks ? One I haven't heard of. I only take Fitness Magazine and I think they have been bought out by Shape because now I am getting it instead of fitness. I probably won't renew as I am moving on to golden years(what ever that is) and they don't really have anything of interest to a woman of age . LOL.

Mo sounds like you are sleeping somewhat better. Hey, there are times I sleep with mouth opened cause nose is all stopped up. It is what it is . Us people with sinus problems sometimes have to resort to sleeping that way. I always worry that a spider :shock: might crawl in and then I get the itches just thinking about it.

Good Morning Sue, Hope you are feeling better today .

Before I forget , Workout this morning was a 60 minute strength and cardio workout . Same as Monday .

Now that the Sun had gone down in front I am going to go out and wash Windows. Not that I want to but someone has to do it and I have been elected .

Happy Wednesday all.
Alabama 1
REGULAR

Post by Alabama 1 »

Morning Sue we were posting at the same time .