Hip dent, dent in buttock

Discuss injuries, health issues, medical research and other related things.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Dean1234
STARTING OUT

Hip dent, dent in buttock

Post by Dean1234 »

I broke ankle two years ago, I had surgery medial mallelous had one pin removed, I find myself battling against things all the time, I had a spasm in right thigh about 6 months ago it lasted 10 seconds and then went off thought nothing else off it, since then I have noticed a big dent in hip and right buttock the same side I broke ankle and I get this heavyness feeling in thigh when twisting and turning with football I have orthotics in boots and they seem fine and didn't alter anything when I had them in now I have just a supportive running shoe as right ankle doesn't pronate that much I'm trying to find why I get this heavyness feeling from twisting turning and quick movements I'm ok straight lines and this seems to happen 10-15 min into a session and this only come in last 6 month I need help and the heavyness sometimes stops me as I can't cope with the quick movements and was wondering if it was from the hip dent effecting this and an effective programme that could help I'm new to this forum and any help would be very much appreciated cheers dean !
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Hip dent, dent in buttock

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Dean good to talk to you.

Have you been receiving any sort of surgery, physio / physio advice in the past few weeks / months and what sort of training have you been doing at present?
Dean1234
STARTING OUT

Post by Dean1234 »

I have been leaving off training as its off season but normally just do running biking few deadlifts nothing major, I notice 15 min into a run the heavyness on outside of knee comes and then only seems to go off after 15 20 min of me finishing run and it becomes heavy during to the point where it's effecting run, not a lot of advicei got told glute medius was week but I rehabed that and still continues to give me Jip but when I were coming back from break lot of balance calf raises strengthening but then this came on out of nowhere and no one seems to know what it is hope you guys on here can give me some help dean
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

The buttock dent might possibly be down to an unusual distribution of fat or some kind of strange muscle atrophy in the buttock itself.

You could try switching a few things around, like deadlifts for good mornings and incorporating squats and lunges into workouts and see how that works out for you.
Dean1234
STARTING OUT

Post by Dean1234 »

Yeh I'm not sure could be I notice left hip drops slightly which I don't know if that effecting it, but I tried a lot of that and over a period of time did lessen the dint but didn't get rid of it I noticed standing on right leg has helped I noticed when doing tests that on jumping I was putting most of weight thru left side hope I can get sorted