how to tone stomach

Which workout routine or program is best for your fitness goal? Post your programs here!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

clairelouise07
STARTING OUT

how to tone stomach

Post by clairelouise07 »

Hi I'm new here looking for some advice I had a baby 5 years ago and have never managed to tone stomach especially the lower part, I'm fed up with feeling fat and unfit so started spin classes have been going twice a week was hoping with a healthy diet and spin classes it would help. But I know I have to do some ab workout can any suggest what to do please? I know it would take time and doubt ill ever get a flat but want to try and improve
Appreciate any help
Than you xx
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: how to tone stomach

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Claire, good to talk to you.

The diet would be the bets place to start for you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
AbieJoe
STARTING OUT

Post by AbieJoe »

Watch out your diet, lessen eating sweets and carbs. Do core crunches and other ab workout.
B_M_
STARTING OUT

Post by B_M_ »

I'm seconding the diet thing. There's no use spending hours trying to burn off what you could head off at the pass by not eating it to begin with. Spin is good for burning calories but something that is really heavy on the core, I know spin is to an extent, would be a good addition. I really like yoga as it also really stretches out the whole body and increases suppleness at the same time which I think is too often overlooked as a functional fitness.
FitChick_261!!
STARTING OUT

Post by FitChick_261!! »

clairelouise07 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:38 am Hi I'm new here looking for some advice I had a baby 5 years ago and have never managed to tone stomach especially the lower part, I'm fed up with feeling fat and unfit so started spin classes have been going twice a week was hoping with a healthy diet and spin classes it would help. But I know I have to do some ab workout can any suggest what to do please? I know it would take time and doubt ill ever get a flat but want to try and improve
Appreciate any help
Than you xx
Hi Claire,
I struggled to get rid of fat after 3rd kid, it just seemed like whatever I did (spin bike, running, walking, eucalyptus, etc.) wasn't helping get rid of stomach fat. Eventually I started to do lots of cardio workouts that most men do such as pushups, crunches, and even lifting light weights and thats what finally started giving results. Now I go to the gym daily and focus lots on what I eat and drink.
GreenSuede33
STARTING OUT

Post by GreenSuede33 »

Thirding the diet thing. stomach was probably the most stubborn of all when I started the gym, and seemed to be pretty set on standing up to pretty much anything I threw at it. I'd been doing pretty ok in terms of diet, but the odd cheat meal here or there was actually throwing me right off and pretty much keeping me in a holding pattern. Diet first, workouts second, I'd say. CX Worx (Les Mills core workout classes. Think lost of crunches etc) have also really helped.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

You are aware that person posted over 2 years ago and is unlikely to respond as they only posted once.
GreenSuede33
STARTING OUT

Post by GreenSuede33 »

Whoops, that is... a good point. Hadn't noticed the age of the original post! Sorry :)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I wouldn't fuss about it to be honest :).