What is good fat and bad fat?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

gymcelia2016
STARTING OUT

What is good fat and bad fat?

Post by gymcelia2016 »

I have been hearing about this for a while. Don't really care what good fat and bad fat are but interested in what products have good fat and bad fat in them.

Is there anything in this list that I should cut out:

Peanuts
Hazelnuts
Butter
Milk
Crisps
Oven grilled chips
Pizza
Madras curry
Naan bread
Yoghurt
chicken roasted
Fitafter50
REGULAR

Re: What is good fat and bad fat?

Post by Fitafter50 »

If crisps are what we call potato chips, they are not your best choice; odds are they are fried in a bad fat.

If you don't have sensitivities to peanuts or nuts, wheat or dairy, the rest are probably fine. If you were in the US, I'd say make sure your dairy is organic, but I don't think the UK has the same kind of grain-fed factory farms that we have here, so maybe regular dairy is okay where you are. I don't know what Madras curry is, but coconut is a good fat, so if it's coconut milk curry, it's probably fine.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Crisps are indeed potato chips and these days they contain a lot less saturated fat and more good fat and often can stack up at around 150-200 calories, so they can be snacks without being fattening or high calorie.

Pizza should definitely be avoided.
Ashy123
STARTING OUT

Post by Ashy123 »

Fat is an essential macronutrient and should be included in the diet. Fats found in processed foods should be avoided as much as possible (processed foods in general should be avoided). https://blog.dukesgym.com.au/blog/will-fat-make-me-fat/

So peanuts and hazelnuts are fine as is roast chicken. Oven grilled chips are great if they are homemade :) That way you can control the amount of fat (if any) is added.
rvn2590@yahoo.com
STARTING OUT

Post by rvn2590@yahoo.com »

I would recommend adding avocado to the list as a good fat.
RandolphRay
STARTING OUT

Post by RandolphRay »

diet has nuts for a snack and an avocado (which I fell in love with not so long ago) for breakfast. I can't clean food but I am working on it. Thank you for your list, I will add some product to diet!