Upper arm definition

Post your photos and show everyone the progress you have made with your physique!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

keyofgminor
STARTING OUT

Upper arm definition

Post by keyofgminor »

New member here. I've always been naturally skinny, even when I haven't been in great shape. I've recently started making an effort to do some strength workouts, mostly with fitness bands and the machines at apartment complex. It's perhaps not the greatest setup, no free weights, but it's the best I've got without paying for a membership. Anyways, the routine for the past 7 months has been around 45 minutes 1-2 times a week. I've gotten stronger and have put on some weight (hopefully muscle), but I don't seem to be getting anymore defined. Mostly, upper arms look flabby as eff, and I'm wondering if there are specific exercises to target that area.

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: Upper arm definition

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Keyofg, good to talk to you.

Your best bet would be to tackle the diet rather than the training, so what times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?
keyofgminor
STARTING OUT

Post by keyofgminor »

Since I've made progress in other areas, lets assume diet is good enough. What sort of exercises target that area of the arm/shoulder?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Lateral raises, arnold press, turkish get-ups, single arm shoulder press, military press, as examples.
keyofgminor
STARTING OUT

Post by keyofgminor »

Boss Man wrote:Lateral raises, arnold press, turkish get-ups, single arm shoulder press, military press, as examples.
Mainly shoulder exercises in your view, so you're saying the fluff up there belongs to the shoulder area? I don't know anatomy too well.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

I listed those exercises, because you asked about exercises targeting the shoulders and upper back and in opinion all those will have some effect on that region of your body :).