New User Here to Learn

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

dzenon
STARTING OUT

New User Here to Learn

Post by dzenon »

HI, name is Daniel, as you can tell from the thread title/subject, I'm new and here to learn a couple things as well as ask for help health-wise and academically. Here's the health-wise details: I'm a college student who can be quite active and physically fit, yet be terrible at sticking to meal plans, dieting, and proper nutrition. I used to be more active, but as of recently I've been off game which kind of brings me back to square one with where I want to be. As much as I can blame busy schedule, it really is on me to not make actual time for myself to remain as fit as I would like. This time around I would like to start at a nutritional angle instead of going straight to working out because for me getting the gears running during a workout can be pretty easy, but staying nutritionally healthy and on track with diet is a completely different story. At the moment, I weigh about ~175 lbs and have always tried to get myself back down to about 165-160 lbs, but always hit a sort of plateau and end up losing myself. I tried intermittent fasting, but I personally don't feel like it has worked out for me, but what has worked is simple meal planning and prepping. I also weight lift during the week (upper/lower-strength/hypertrophy splits) with some cardio such as jogging or jump-roping (since this is the nutrition and diet section, I don't know if including general workout is necessary, but I wanted to include it for some background information).

Now for the academic help details: I'm a college student majoring in sociology and in senior class I'm required to do research on a topic of choosing that I find interesting, which is health,fitness, nutrition, and social media. The study I'm doing is in regards to individuals who host Instagram accounts that post information or help based on these topics. I have to do interviews with about 7-10 people who run these accounts for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, via FaceTime, Skype, phone call, or in person, whichever makes the participant more at ease. The only requirement for this is that the participant has to run an Instagram account with the focus on health, fitness, and nutrition. If there are any questions about this study, I would be happy to go further into detail about it as well as about myself.

I understand that this is probably a lot to read, but thank you guys for taking the time to read it. I would greatly appreciate any help I'm able to get whether it be health-wise or being able to get an interview with anyone. Please feel free to privately message me about any questions or concerns. Thank you again!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: New User Here to Learn

Post by Boss Man »

Hi Daniel, good to speak to you.

What times do you eat at and what foods do you eat at those times?