Keto Diet?

Discuss anything related to dieting, nutrition, recipes and food facts.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Poiava
STARTING OUT

Keto Diet?

Post by Poiava »

Hello everyone!

So a few months ago I started the keto diet like here - https://livediseasefree.com/best-ms-diet/ ,and the overall results have been good. Basically, I’ve lost 30 lbs, A1C went from 7.2 to 5.7 and bg went from a 180-240 average to an awesome 90-105 average and even cholesterol went down to high normals (but not great). Additionally, I’ve been so low that doctor has pulled me off insulin but still taking met. Downside triglycerides have remained super high but I assume this to being part of work in progress and of course I don’t have total support from the majority of the doctors I see.

I was wondering what everyone’s thoughts were about this diet? I’d also like to hear about the success and struggles anyone has had with the diet, their PCP’s or information they have learned that could help people just starting a diet like this.

I am enthusiastic about the result so far, but I have concerns about the amounts of fat and or health risks of such a diet. I recently found myself in a state of depression and fear when thinking about mortality and want to know that I’m picking the right diet, taking the right meds, getting the right exercise, etc.

Any advice, thoughts, concerns, are welcome.

Thank you so much.
Kidose
STARTING OUT

Re: Keto Diet?

Post by Kidose »

I don't in diets but I believe in the amount of calories that I eat per day.
RandolphRay
STARTING OUT

Re: Keto Diet?

Post by RandolphRay »

The Keto diet is good for those who want to cleanse their diet. It's not suitable for me personally, I am just counting calories. In any diet, you should remember that the diet must be balanced. I also like that Keto excludes sugar, it's the hardest one for me.