Just A Reminder To People

Discuss your weight training questions, concerns and tips!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Just A Reminder To People

Post by Boss Man »

Whilst you may be aware we sometimes get spam messages about , software, insurance etc etc, every effort is taken to block and control as many of these scummy individuals as possible.

It is however hard when some companies change corporate operations, and possibly network I.P. lists, and the fact most governments, Police authorities and YES, the network providers do little to tackle, or even recognise the global problem.

I used to use a site, where the Admin didn't care, spam began to happen, good people left more and more, and that allowed spammers to take more control, and now it's a dead board.

Some sections used to acheve 6-8 new messages / updates a day, by the end it was like 2-3 a week, because lack of action, allows the disease to spread, and cripple good sites.

At Shapefit we do care, and we ARE proactive for you, and future members like you. We care about you, and together myself and Admin do what we can, to fight a very difficult global pandemic, with virtually no external assistance of any kind, except tracing websites / software, to trace the users network details etc etc.

That doesn't stop them, but does give us the information we need, to take proper action, and ban "misusers".

Again this message is here to reassure members, and to let you know, we do what we can when we can, given our limitations, and spare time available.

So I ask anyone who is a member, ignore any spam messages you see, don't use any links, as the spammers could copy computer information of yours, and use it for their own ends, and remain vigilant.

They like nothing better than people to leave, and then they can post more spam, and disease boards, until you get 90%+ messages that are spam.

Admin and I do what we can when we can, so you get minimised problems on this front, and if you knew how bad they could get, you'd be shocked.

The more this board gets used, the more content gets indexed in search engines, so more members can signup, but spammers find us too, but with your help to keep board usage good, and the strength to ignore bits of spam, and keep enjoying this resource, the more you help keep these people's activities minimised until they can be banned, and the chance of spamming is reduced a bit more each time.

We thank you for your understanding, as we understand too, but we are working for you to keep this resource minimised of problems, enjoyable and educational.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Re: Just A Reminder To People

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Boss Man wrote:Whilst you may be aware we sometimes get spam messages about , software, insurance etc etc, every effort is taken to block and control as many of these scummy individuals as possible.

It is however hard when some companies change corporate operations, and possibly network I.P. lists, and the fact most governments, Police authorities and YES, the network providers do little to tackle, or even recognise the global problem.

I used to use a site, where the Admin didn't care, spam began to happen, good people left more and more, and that allowed spammers to take more control, and now it's a dead board.

Some sections used to acheve 6-8 new messages / updates a day, by the end it was like 2-3 a week, because lack of action, allows the disease to spread, and cripple good sites.

At Shapefit we do care, and we ARE proactive for you, and future members like you. We care about you, and together myself and Admin do what we can, to fight a very difficult global pandemic, with virtually no external assistance of any kind, except tracing websites / software, to trace the users network details etc etc.

That doesn't stop them, but does give us the information we need, to take proper action, and ban "misusers".

Again this message is here to reassure members, and to let you know, we do what we can when we can, given our limitations, and spare time available.

So I ask anyone who is a member, ignore any spam messages you see, don't use any links, as the spammers could copy computer information of yours, and use it for their own ends, and remain vigilant.

They like nothing better than people to leave, and then they can post more spam, and disease boards, until you get 90%+ messages that are spam.

Admin and I do what we can when we can, so you get minimised problems on this front, and if you knew how bad they could get, you'd be shocked.

The more this board gets used, the more content gets indexed in search engines, so more members can signup, but spammers find us too, but with your help to keep board usage good, and the strength to ignore bits of spam, and keep enjoying this resource, the more you help keep these people's activities minimised until they can be banned, and the chance of spamming is reduced a bit more each time.

We thank you for your understanding, as we understand too, but we are working for you to keep this resource minimised of problems, enjoyable and educational.
Thanks for the info BOSS MAN... since i am new here its very good to know.. but what does it look like when you receive spam messages i have no clue...that would be nice to know....
:lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Basically links to sites with a for profit selling angle. Difficult to know when you haven't clicked a link.

Best advice I can give is, when in doubt, ignore a link, if it's gone within 3-4 days, it was iffy, if it's still there it's fine.

You could copy the URL's into Google, but if the code has been altered so it says "Click Here" for example, you could quote the message, find the URL in the quotes and put it in Google.

This wouldn't stop your I.P. being logged, but it would mean if you dared to access the site, any stats software would register the traffic entering from Google not here, which might cut down on spamming here, if the people have no concrete stats showing their links here get used here.

Then they might forget about it, and find another site to troll.

Another thing to beware is people who post stuff like "I agree", "looks like you're doing too much Cardio", "Try eating Peanuts", then add a link and post 6-8 times at most on the same day.

Doesn't matter that they might be promoting sites, that sell things we might discuss here like supplements, Yoga equipment etc etc, instead of and Home Loans for example, as that is still illegal.

Though as I say, when in doubt don't click a link, unless its something like a Blogger perhaps or a Photobucket link perhaps. Especially if it's posted by people with less than 4 or 5 days activity on the site.
Frenchmaid1969
HIGH FLYER

Post by Frenchmaid1969 »

Ok thanks Boss Man!!!!! :o
Enzo
STARTING OUT

Post by Enzo »

Thanks Boss daughters often use this sight!
meandyou207
STARTING OUT

Post by meandyou207 »

Thank ya boss :)
ashleybrown
STARTING OUT

Post by ashleybrown »

Thanks for this useful info. Boss!
qingfeng456
STARTING OUT

Post by qingfeng456 »

Thank ya boss :)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

very useful information. :D The spam people are so annoying. :roll: :roll:
jared767
STARTING OUT

Post by jared767 »

Copy. Thanks for letting us know about it
madd0ct0r
STARTING OUT

Post by madd0ct0r »

to inspect a dressed link like this one without clicking on it (yuck spyware ect)

right click, and on the popup menu you will find 'copy link'
that will let you copy the actual link, the URL itself.

paste onto a doc or into the address bar without pressing enter and check it out.

if you are being very careful, paste the link into the google search bar - google will warn you if it's been reported as a malware site before.

SPOILER: the link is :

http://www.shapefit.com
sajidtoor
STARTING OUT

Post by sajidtoor »

Another thing to beware is people who post stuff like "I agree", "looks like you're doing too much Cardio", "Try eating Peanuts", then add a link and post 6-8 times at most on the same day. o I ask anyone who is a member, ignore any spam messages you see, don't use any links, as the spammers could copy computer information of yours, and use it for their own ends, and remain vigilant.
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

That's basically a condensed version of things I posted :?.
FitLadyLove
STARTING OUT

Post by FitLadyLove »

Thank you!!
BeauBody38
STARTING OUT

Post by BeauBody38 »

I find this forum informative and people are friendly.