the dreaded monster known as...

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

byebyefat0
STARTING OUT

the dreaded monster known as...

Post by byebyefat0 »

cellulite how can someone get rid of that? can a person rid themselves of cellulite? do cream or lotions really work?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Probably weights, cardio and a good diet largely. Don't waste your time with stuff out of bottles and tubes. I can't see it having any real effect.
byebyefat0
STARTING OUT

Post by byebyefat0 »

thnx boss man...u just saved me a good 30 dollars!
NicoleDiana
STARTING OUT

Post by NicoleDiana »

Stumbling upon this topic was a nice find, indeed!

As I enter back into the gym after a more than 15 year absence, I'll be carrying some cellulite with me. That, paired with the little road map system more commonly called "stretch marks" has left me wondering if getting in shape will reduce those pesky problems.

Water seems to be the cure-all for so many things and I love berries so this coupled with working out will surely help, yes?

Oh please, please, please work! :lol:
Gillsflower
STARTING OUT

Post by Gillsflower »

Hi,
a good thing to do for cellulite is to body brush, they're easy to find. Brush towards your heart in small circular motions on dry skin, it improves the circulation which is therefore meant to help cellulite.
I'm not sure how true it is but actually body brushing is really nice because if you do it in the morning it actually makes you feel a lot more alert and alive as well as buffing off nasty dry skin :) great before your workout!
clare_1
HIGH FLYER

Post by clare_1 »

Id definitely say its about diet, exercise, hydration and moisturising. During pregnancy I ate lots of nutritious food, exercised safely, drank plenty of water and did a full body moisturise every night. And i pretty much continued this since and son is 5 1/2.

And guess what??? I didnt get 1 stretch mark and have never had cellulite.

Even better son is never ill and has the same habits as myself, excluding the moisturising that is. :lol:
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Re: the dreaded monster known as...

Post by Tallgirll22T »

You would be surprised at how much creams actually help. Pretty much anything deeply moisturizing will help cellulite areas firm up and feel less bumpy to the touch. I use a thick moisturizer on main problem areas and bio oil on areas prone to stretch marks. The fat deposits don't really go away, but the skin feels much smoother. Like some other people said, exfoliating helps too. It can make the area look brighter and less dead.