Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post your workout journals so others can review your training and follow your progress!

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Re: Work In Progress - FitoverForty

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:you don't have to live thru me girl...I know you can do it too! If I can do it, and I am by no means anyone special - just someone that refuses to accept limitations - you can also. One day at a time - one workout at a time - one healthy meal at a time, it can be done.
i hope you right. That indoor tri i talked about a year or two ago and never did. They have another one in November i'm very tenatively hoping i can do that one. But 1. i need to have lose 50 pounds by then. 2. swimming form has to improve. See what happens!
fitoverforty wrote: can't see thru the water, like I can in the pool. I can't touch bottom like I can in most of the length of the pool. I panic when the water and splashing, thrashing, arms and legs hitting me from other athletes hits me - afraid I can't breath. At least in a pool it is a more controlled environment, we have a lanes to swim in, and I can see and touch bottom if I need to.
Basically I'm just a wimp.
i see your point! i wouldn't like that either. I still want to do it someday though. :) Would you ever try aero bars? I think i would be afraid of that too!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

aero bars look really cool and all...and they may help you go faster, but you have to be really careful with them. They have your hands so far from your brakes or your gears (especially gears which are on the frame of the bike). they aren't really safe for group rides, mainly just open road solo rides or if your extra speedy maybe time trials. They only add about 2 to 3 mph of speed, which for the pro's could be the difference between 1st or 2nd place - but for little ole me....well, I'm doing good to stay upright with regular bars!! :roll: :lol: :lol:
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i think your right on that one!! i don't think i will be trying aerobars either if i ever get myself out there! :lol:
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

fitoverforty wrote:I can't see thru the water, like I can in the pool. I can't touch bottom like I can in most of the length of the pool. I panic when the water and splashing, thrashing, arms and legs hitting me from other athletes hits me - afraid I can't breath. At least in a pool it is a more controlled environment, we have a lanes to swim in, and I can see and touch bottom if I need to. Basically I'm just a wimp. :lol: :roll:
You're not a wimp! It's a bit nerve-wracking. I didn't practice open water swim, before first tri, but the swim was so short (300 m) that when I got tangled up with everyone else, I just went around the whole group and made distance longer, instead of swimming with them! It worked well. I was 5th out of the water, and I didn't get kicked in the head ; ) They also have lifeguards on boats out in the water so if you panicked and needed help someone would be there right away. I don't know if that makes you feel better or not?
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Athene wrote:They also have lifeguards on boats out in the water so if you panicked and needed help someone would be there right away. I don't know if that makes you feel better or not?
on olympic distance tri I did a few years ago, our swim part was not mapped out right and we ended up swimming over 1 mile....it was first open water swim...I literally thought I was going to die from a heart attack - heart rate was unbelievably fast and pounding in chest, I could not catch breath..I remember thinking "really? is this really how it's gonna end? After everything I've been thru - I'm gonna drown out here?" :lol: :lol: And I remember thinking "wtheck was I thinking? I'm a freakin' runner for crying out loud! why am I in this stupid water?" :lol: :lol: I ended up just dropping back, side stroke, dog paddle, swam on back....and those cute young lifeguards that were paddling out in the water on their surfboards would come up beside me and say "you all right ma'am?" :lol: :lol: I just said "yeah...I'll make it, don't worry..." I was 3rd from last getting out of the water. :roll: never looked so forward to riding 24.8 miles on bike in life! :mrgreen:

btw...."50" doesn't feel too bad... son told me "happy birthday mom" this morning when he came in the kitchen...he looked at me real close and said "nope, you don't look so old afterall..." like I was gonna wake up and suddenly be all wrinkly and stooped over or something! Hahahaha....kids.

and yesterday, he went with me to pick up our dogs from the groomer...we were getting in the car and I said "where's keys?"....then looked down and saw they were in hand... son looked at me and said "oh gosh mom....you getting "old-zheimers"!!!! (instead of alzheimers)....should have made him walk home. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Have a great day Lynne.

You are an amazing lady with a fantastic heart and a beautiful personality. You give a lot to this community and it's never ever forgotten and always appreciated.

You have had some hard things to deal with in recent times, not least losing someone, but you have always acted with amazing heart, beauty, grace and serenity and the world is a richer and more beautiful place because you are here, I think that is the truth and I hope the coming 12 months, will bring you all the smiles, warmth, sunshine, rainbows and happiness you deserve.

I am sending you a BIG HUG and lots of WARM WISHES for the future, because you deserve it.

Keep on pushing for your goals and keep on believing, because you are capable of so much and have so much to give.

Your late Father would be so proud of you for your life and for raising you Son like you have. You validated his life and gave him much to be happy about I think and I hope you go on achieving what you're capable of and helping him ot live on through your words and actions.

Have a good one :).
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

thanks so much Bossman!! That is so sweet of you to say. It's been a tough road since dad passed away. son is like him in so many ways...I see alot of father in him.

I'm just trying to make it day by day in this imperfect world, in imperfect body - trying to live healthy, eat healthy and make good decisions. I realize after as long as I've been here at Shapefit, that it isn't just about a 3 month quick weight loss goal...it's a life long devotion to making those positive healthy choices and trying to live life with some sort of meaning and purpose.
I don't think it's ever really "over" as far as a weight loss and/or fitness lifestyle. It's relatively easy for most people to lose some weight....but the ongoing day to day maintenance is where the fight really lies. To keep from gaining back the weight, to maintain those healthy eating patterns, to keep a regular exercise program, isn't something that just happens, it's something that you have to learn and live every day - forever.
I struggle with this, and until I find some sort of magic inner "switch" I can turn on that will keep me on "track" then I will always struggle, but at least in the struggle I will have ups and downs, hills and valleys, victories and defeats, and if I can manage to balance it out well enough to live a mostly healthy life,then I guess that is good enough for me. :D
Being here at Shapefit has taught me so much about myself, it has become an invaluable tool for me.
So, I guess "work in progress" will never really be over, it will always be work, and it will always be progressing, but there is some beauty in that too. I'm blessed to be healthy and fit and strong and can't wait to take on the next challenge I find for myself. :mrgreen:
Texas Senior Olympic Games in April 2013......look out here I come!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

So true.

For people trying to lose weight the goal is temporary, because the biggest challenge is keeping it off. That's the hardest part because if the person lives for a long time, that will last a lot longer as a goal than the initial shedding of the weight and when you don't have any gratification anymore, that losing weight provides, not to mention the occasional comments from others, that could make trying ot keep the weight off harder to manage for some.

The main thing is to never stop believing that you ARE worth it, because as long as you can keep believing in your own self worth, that will make the long-term goal(s), a little easier to work at.
mirkorosco
STARTING OUT

Post by mirkorosco »

Hello,

I began a program to realize 100 pumps, 3 months ago.
I made 60 pumps before beginning him(it).
I specify that I make pumps full amplitudes, tense arms and breast on the ground.

A few day ago, I realized new max, and result(profit): 100 pumps.

I leave you the video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndj01XyOvn0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

fitoverforty wrote:I'm just trying to make it day by day in this imperfect world, in imperfect body - trying to live healthy, eat healthy and make good decisions. I realize after as long as I've been here at Shapefit, that it isn't just about a 3 month quick weight loss goal...it's a life long devotion to making those positive healthy choices and trying to live life with some sort of meaning and purpose.
I don't think it's ever really "over" as far as a weight loss and/or fitness lifestyle. It's relatively easy for most people to lose some weight....but the ongoing day to day maintenance is where the fight really lies. To keep from gaining back the weight, to maintain those healthy eating patterns, to keep a regular exercise program, isn't something that just happens, it's something that you have to learn and live every day - forever.
I struggle with this, and until I find some sort of magic inner "switch" I can turn on that will keep me on "track" then I will always struggle, but at least in the struggle I will have ups and downs, hills and valleys, victories and defeats, and if I can manage to balance it out well enough to live a mostly healthy life,then I guess that is good enough for me.
Being here at Shapefit has taught me so much about myself, it has become an invaluable tool for me.
So, I guess "work in progress" will never really be over, it will always be work, and it will always be progressing, but there is some beauty in that too. I'm blessed to be healthy and fit and strong and can't wait to take on the next challenge I find for myself.
Texas Senior Olympic Games in April 2013......look out here I come!!!!!!
beautifully said Lynne! Texas Senior Olympics sounds awesome!! :D
Athene
REGULAR

Post by Athene »

musculArgirl2 wrote:
fitoverforty wrote:I'm just trying to make it day by day in this imperfect world, in imperfect body - trying to live healthy, eat healthy and make good decisions. I realize after as long as I've been here at Shapefit, that it isn't just about a 3 month quick weight loss goal...it's a life long devotion to making those positive healthy choices and trying to live life with some sort of meaning and purpose.
I struggle with this, and until I find some sort of magic inner "switch" I can turn on that will keep me on "track" then I will always struggle, but at least in the struggle I will have ups and downs, hills and valleys, victories and defeats, and if I can manage to balance it out well enough to live a mostly healthy life,then I guess that is good enough for me.
So, I guess "work in progress" will never really be over, it will always be work, and it will always be progressing, but there is some beauty in that too. I'm blessed to be healthy and fit and strong and can't wait to take on the next challenge I find for myself.
Texas Senior Olympic Games in April 2013......look out here I come!!!!!!
beautifully said Lynne! Texas Senior Olympics sounds awesome!! :D
I second that :)
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Thanks guys!! :D

Ran a 5k race this morning.
Finished 1st in age group (50-54). :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Good way to start racing season in new age group. 8)
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

Great start to the race season! First place, nice!!
fitoverforty
VETERAN

Post by fitoverforty »

Thanks Becky!
Had so much fun it was ridiculous....
either that or I had too many gu gels and am giddy from the sugar. :wink:

Ran 1st 5k 30 years ago this month. :mrgreen: Feeling pretty awesome to still be out there doing what I love! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Be proud of yourself for that Lynne. I'm proud of you misses. 30 years of running and you get a first. It shows just how much you still think of yourself after all this time and have continued to value yourself even more, by putting in more hard work in the past few years.

You're a terrific person and deserve to be happy for what you have achieved. WELL DONE.