DRY SKIN - Specifically FACE, not Body

Discuss skin, hair and nails here.

Moderators: cassiegose, Boss Man

ldematto
VETERAN

DRY SKIN - Specifically FACE, not Body

Post by ldematto »

I mositurize daily but can't seem to eliminate the increasingly dry skin I have - face only, the rest of body is ok. eyebrows get flaky as well - hate it! I've been putting dabs of body oil (organic natural stuff) on brows and have tried several different products on face. Maybe it's just part of the aging process.....but that's hard to believe. I drink tons of water!

Any suggestions?
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Re: DRY SKIN - Specifically FACE, not Body

Post by Boss Man »

Coconut Oil. Cocoa Butter, supplemental Vit E, increased Fat sources in diet. Things like Nuts, Peanuts, Avocado, Flax, Omega Eggs, Soy products, Seeds and Oils.

Also you could try something unusual. Meat Tenderiser. Bear with me on this.

There are two types of Protein digesting Enzymes, (Proteases), from Pineapple and Papaya. Bromelain and Papain. Two of three I know of in nature, the other being Ficin in Figs.

Bromelain is good for Blood clotting, digestive issues, Anti-inflammatory and mild skin problems.

Papain has digestive and skin benefits too.

Some Meat Tenderisers, contain one or both of these, obviously as they're Proteases, but with their beneficial skin properties, that might help, or you can buy stuff like Bromelain in supplemental form. Papain possibly, but I'm not sure about that.

The other option is to add Pineapple and / or Papaya into your diet, and see if that helps.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

I was originally thinking moisturizing products - but I'd much rather "eat" way to healthier skin - thanks for the suggestions!
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

It could possibly be down to using products with a high PH, preventing enough moisture retention.
Tallgirll22T
SOCIAL CLIMBER

Post by Tallgirll22T »

You need to exfoliate first, then moisturize, and possibly consider getting a moisturizer containing an acid they use in spas.
I buy cheap exfoliator pads for the face at Walmart or the drugstore for like $2. Get a scrub for your face that is creamy and moisturizing, but possibly with exfoliator beads as well. Scrub your face twice a day, then follow with a facial moisturizer containing salicylic acid. If that doesn't help, try a moisturizer made from vitamin E. Both are cheap options.
stellamandy96
STARTING OUT

Post by stellamandy96 »

Few months back face also became dry and suffered a lot with it then I tried Argan Oil for face, and it really worked for me. To let you know, Argan Body Lotion enriched with antioxidants and essential fatty acids to help hydrate and reinforce skin's defenses against radical damage.

It helps to restore softness and for radiant, healthy-looking skin enriched with antioxidants and essential fatty acids to help to hydrate and reinforce skin’s defenses against free-radical damage and helps to improve texture and tone.

The lightweight, readily-absorbed lotion improves skin texture and resilience, providing a radiant, healthy-looking skin... I purchased it from biotevam.com/, and the product name is “Body Lotion for Dry Skin made with Pure Moroccan Argan Oil”.

I hope it would be useful to you.
ldematto
VETERAN

Post by ldematto »

Thank you for your reply. For some reason I have not been receiving notices of posts....sorry for the delay!
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

I have the same problem and have decided to try coconut oil from Trader Joe's.
StellaMary- what product worked best for you?
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

Perhaps the problem is not topical but diet.... try eating an avocado a day, or 1-2 ounces of nuts or seeds, or fish 2-3 times a week or salad with olive oil on it. Often our skin condition is a result of what is going on inside. As we age, essential oils are needed to help maintain healthy skin even more. Also, our increasing age brings new issues for us to be aware of... just because certain products have always worked does not mean they will anymore as our hormones change. Makeups, moisturizers, shampoos, soaps, etc. all will react differently to our skin.

Just some ideas to try and help.

Cheers
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

vamp wrote:Perhaps the problem is not topical but diet.... try eating an avocado a day, or 1-2 ounces of nuts or seeds, or fish 2-3 times a week or salad with olive oil on it. Often our skin condition is a result of what is going on inside. As we age, essential oils are needed to help maintain healthy skin even more. Also, our increasing age brings new issues for us to be aware of... just because certain products have always worked does not mean they will anymore as our hormones change. Makeups, moisturizers, shampoos, soaps, etc. all will react differently to our skin.

Just some ideas to try and help.

Cheers

Good suggestions! I thought I was eating enough healthy fats on a daily basis, but maybe not enough.
vamp
VETERAN

Post by vamp »

you are welcome! Remember, although you may see a change in as little as 2 weeks, it can take up to 3 months to see significant changes so don't try too many different things at once because then you have no idea what worked ;)
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

Exactly. If you make one change you can isolate it and see what works.

If you make two at once, they might work or might not, but one might and one might not giving you a conflicting view of the circumstances.
Alinshop
REGULAR

Post by Alinshop »

Good suggestions guys. Thanks again.
musculArgirl2
VETERAN

Post by musculArgirl2 »

i live in a very dry climate in the winter. super dry. and I always get dry skin. i've been applying vaseline to lips and just the dry areas on face at night and skin is really soft!!!

I heard jennifer anniston applies vaseline to under her eyes is how i thought of it. :wink:
Boss Man
SITE ADMIN

Post by Boss Man »

musculArgirl2 wrote:I heard jennifer anniston applies vaseline to under her eyes is how i thought of it. :wink:
Well it might possibly improve her skin, but it clearly does nothing for her questionable acting skills :?.