Working hard all year long is the name of the game as we strive to look and feel our best! Year after year we try different approaches to meet fitness, health and weight goals. Sometimes we meet our goals and other times we have little to no success. When considering optimizing workouts and wellness naturally, one way to do so is with therapeutic grade essential oils! Essential oils are a hot topic in the media right now and they are the perfect addition to your health, wellness, and fitness regimen. Essential oils and oil infused products can improve energy, endurance and stamina, reduce muscle recovery post-workout, support weight goals, restore confidence, support digestion and improve cognitive alertness.
Commonly known for their aromatic benefits, essential oils can also be applied topically or taken internally for optimal health support. Moreover, when supplements and products are infused with therapeutic grade essential oils, they help the body assimilate nutrients more efficiently than products that don’t contain oils. This makes oil infused products more effective at transporting nutrients and supplements into the cells of the body and increasing absorption by the blood.
Although there are many essential oil companies out there, it is important to do your research as to the company’s commitment to purity and organic quality. One company that is the leader in both product quality as well as progressive product offerings is Young Living. In this article we will use examples of some commonly known oils as well as some proprietary product blends offered by Young Living.
Here are a few tips that you can start incorporating into your health, wellness and fitness routine today:
- It is commonly known that adding lemon to your water has benefit in boosting metabolism, supporting digestion and flushing the body of toxins but there are considerable benefits to using lemon essential oil which is derived from the rind of the lemon.The human body’s pH balance is vital to optimal health. Our body functions best when it is slightly alkaline. Lemon essential oil has an alkalizing effect. It also contains d-limonene, which is an amazing natural compound found in the peel of citrus fruits. D-limonene offers powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It can also assist metabolic processes, reduce appetite and help with weight management. D-limonene can assist the body in its natural detoxification process as well as optimize digestion. Sipping on water with a drop or two of lemon essential oil first thing in the morning hydrates the body while also offering the body a super antioxidant. It is also much more affordable than buying lemons. Each drop of oil cost less than one cent!
- Peppermint essential oil is one of the most versatile oils. It can be added to water to stay hydrated, support digestion and keep you alert, focused and energized throughout your workout. Peppermint can also keep you cool during your workout. Simply place one drop on the back of your neck or add a few drops into a spray bottle with water and spray yourself when your body temperature rises and enjoy the cooling sensation and energy boost! Peppermint essential oil is also comforting to sore, tight muscles after an intense workout.
- Slique Essence is an essential oil blend that combines grapefruit, lemon, spearmint, tangerine and ocotea with stevia to support healthy weight management goals. These ingredients work together to help control hunger and boost metabolism. Add a few drops of this oil blend to water to create a delicious, calorie-free flavored beverage that promotes weight loss and controls cravings.
- A must have for your gym bag is Panaway Essential Oil. Panaway is an oil blend that contains wintergreen, helichrysum, clove and peppermint. Use this oil anywhere on the body that is sore after a workout and needs a little extra T.L.C. It delivers a cooling and warming sensation to offer immediate relief. Panaway can also help the muscles recover faster post-workout! This effective oil is supportive to both the muscular and skeletal systems.
- How do you fuel the body with what it needs while delivering essential nutrients? Two very popular oil infused drinks are NingXia Red and NingXia Nitro. NingXia Red contains wolfberries. Wolfberries are a national treasure of China because they’ve been observed for over 5,000 years to improve health and enhance longevity. Wolfberries are higher in vitamin C than oranges, and higher in beta-carotene than carrots. They contain every essential amino acid and the highest protein levels of any fruit. China’s Olympic athletes eat wolfberries as their secret weapon to improve performance. NingXia Red is an antioxidant, nutrient-rich drink that is designed to drink daily to support all systems of the body and sustain energy throughout the day. NingXia Nitro is a natural replacement to the toxic energy drinks on the market. It is formulated to increase energy as well as to enhance mental focus, acuity and physical performance. It contains a combination of B vitamins, essential oils, naturally occurring caffeine, green tea extract, choline, Korean Ginseng (to sharpen the mind) as well as Bioenergy Ribose which is an ingredient clinically proven to increase energy, accelerate recovery, and reduce fatigue and post workout muscle soreness. You can take a shot of NingXia Nitro before a workout or during to give you the energy needed to finish your workout strong.
- In order to maximize your efforts at the gym and yield the greatest return on investment, it is vital to refuel the body immediately following a workout. Physical activity breaks down our muscle protein structures and carbohydrate stores so it is essential to replace them after you exercise to help your body and muscles reach their full potential. Pure Protein Complete is an essential oil infused protein powder that is the perfect balance of protein and carbohydrates to fuel your body with what it needs to improve body composition and overall muscle recovery. Pure Protein Complete contains 25 grams of protein per serving, 14 grams of carbohydrates plus vitamins and minerals to restore the body. It is a blend of 5 different proteins which includes cow and goat whey, pea protein, egg white protein and organic hemp seed protein which provides a full range of amino acids. Pure Protein Complete is delicious and it comes in two flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla Spice. It can be mixed up quickly following your workout so you can refuel during the critical “window of opportunity” to support your body in building lean muscle and replacing adenosine triphosphate (ATP).
Essentials oils are gifts from nature. They are 100% natural and can absolutely have a profound effect on our health and wellness. Try using them to optimize your workout routine and wellness goals and watch how all areas of your life are positively impacted and enriched. For more information on essential oils and Young Living products, visit ScentsibleMama.net
Note: Be sure to only ingest therapeutic grade essential oils. Young Living’s products are the only oils that contain all plant constituents and are free of chemical additives and fillers.