Christopher Perkins – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Christopher Perkins
- Height: 6’5″
- Weight: 205 pounds
- Date of Birth: October 25, 1991
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Location: Byram, Mississippi
Christopher Perkins – Fitness Model Interview
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I got started in the fitness field in 10th grade when I started working out on a daily basis and training for football.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
The best thing about being into fitness is living a better and healthier life. I also enjoy keeping my body in shape and the compliments I get for doing so.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
I gained 10 pounds in less than a month in order to play college football. It was very important to me.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
An agency would be better to help manage and keep things in order and also to get publicity.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
- 8:00am: Breakfast
- 9am-noon: College classes
- 12:30pm: Lunch
- 1:30pm: Daily pushup routine
- 3:00pm: Lift weights in the weight room
- 4:00pm: Football practice
- 6:00pm: Dinner
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Running would be the answer. It burns a large amount of calories and gets you into shape.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
1 or 2 pounds a week is safe. No more than 8-10 pounds a month.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
Quality protein and carbs are good for workouts. They provide mass and energy.
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
The best way is to get a healthier substitute in place of the junk food. Similar taste but healthier results.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
Vegetables, lean protein, fruits and lots of water.
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Eating healthy and working out on a daily basis is a very good start. After doing it over a period of time, your body will get used to it and you will see results.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Ask the waiter or someone in the restaurant about which items are the healthiest foods on the menu. They should be able to help.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats are THE BEST way to get a good butt workout. It tones the muscles and builds muscle endurance.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
The most challenging thing tome about staying in shape is working out on a daily basis. I run quite often but I don’t run too much because I don’t want to lose too much weight. But at the same time, I like to stay in shape.
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, grits, biscuit, sausage.
- Mid-Morning Snack: Meatballs and mozzarella Hot Pockets.
- Lunch: Spaghetti, meatballs, 2 rolls.
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Hot Pockets.
- Dinner: Hamburger steak, mashed potatoes and gravy and 2 rolls.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: Bench press, dumbbell press, dumbbell rows, hang cleans, squats, dumbbell and barbell curls.
- Cardio Exercises: 1 mile on the treadmill usually does it .
- Additional Training: 250 pushups at night and 100 pushups in the morning.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Dumbbell press.
2. Barbell preacher curls.
3. Tricep press.
4. Nose-breakers (barbells).
5. Bench press (works both chest and triceps).
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. Eat healthy.
2. Run quite often.
3. Be mindful of your calorie intake.
4. Reduce trans fat.
5. Sleep and reduce stress.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Lift heavy (but not too heavy).
2. Push yourself beyond your limits.
3. Plenty of protein intake.
4. Don’t give up on working out.
5. Eat lean meat and get enough fiber.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Always want to look better. You can never look too good.
2. Know that if you stay in shape, you will live a healthier and happier life.
3. Never expect results to happen overnight. Being fit takes time.
4. Never over work yourself.
5. Get ample amounts of rest.
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
Monday: Chest Day
- Bench Press (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Dumbbell Press (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Dumbbell Flys (3 sets of 15 reps)
- Cable CrossOvers (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Seated Chest Press (4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
Tuesday: Arm Day
- Bicep Curls (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Barbell Preacher Curls (3 sets of 10 reps)
- Tricep Extensions (2 sets of 20 reps)
- Close Grip Bench (4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
Wednesday: Back Day
- Dumbbell Row (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Romanian DeadLifts (5 sets of 5 reps)
- Upright Rows (4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
Thursday: Shoulder Day
- Seated Dumbbell Press (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Wide Grip Bench (4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
- Military press (3 sets of 8 reps)
Friday: Leg Day
- Squats (4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
- Leg Lunges (4 sets of 10 reps per leg)
- Leg Press (4 sets of 10, 8, 6, 4 reps)
- Lying Leg Curls (4 sets of 10 reps)
- Leg Extensions (4 sets of 10 reps)
Saturday: Rest day
Sunday: Rest day
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Ab work alone won’t cut it. Choose a healthy eating plan that will lower your body fat percentage.
2. Eating healthy foods.
3. Limit carb intake.
4. Plenty of cardio.
5. Do enough reps for your ab workouts to burnout.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
1. Squats (light weight and more reps) .
2. Leg press.
3. Leg extensions.
4. Lying leg curls.
5. Leg lunges.