Godwin Odior – Male Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Godwin Odior
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 195 pounds
- Date of Birth: 05-17-1975
- Hair Color: Shaved Bald
- Eye Color: Brown
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Website: Facebook.com/550fitness
Godwin Odior – Male Fitness Model Interview
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I was an athlete growing up and a sprinter at heart in track and field. Unfortunately, a hamstring injury suddenly ended my running career.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
The feeling I get and how fitness has changed me and the people around me.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
I have transformed my life and have amazing support from my family and friends.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
Contact the photographers directly and send photos to the agencies. Get into fitness contests and talk to models that are already successful in the industry.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I get up every day at 4am, teach a boot camp class, see clients after class, take my son to school at 8am, then back to train more clients, then get my own workout in.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Jump rope, pushups, jump squats, jumping pull ups, and kettlebell swing.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
1-2 pounds a week.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
- Pre-workout: 1 scoop of whey protein, BCAA and glutamine.
- Post-workout: 2 scoops whey protein, BCAA and glutamine.
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
I personally don’t get food cravings much.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
Eggs, chicken, tuna, oatmeal, yogurt, salmon, turkey, brown rice, fruit, vegetables and yams.
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Start by joining a gym and get your assessment done by a trainer. Then, start doing some light cardio 2-3 times a week, slowly adding strength training 2 times a week as you get into your cardio routine.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
I recommend eating food with a lean source of protein and vegetables, soup or salad with dressing on the side and water with dinner.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats, stiff leg deadlifts, lunges and glute kickbacks on the machines.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Always finding a new way to challenge my limits and to beat the person I was yesterday.
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: 6-8 egg whites.
- Mid-Morning Snack: Protein shake.
- Lunch: Turkey or chicken sandwich on whole wheat bread.
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Protein shake.
- Dinner: Salmon, brown rice and vegetables.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: Squats, incline bench press, pull ups, dips and barbell curls.
- Cardio Exercises: Treadmill, track sprints.
- Additional Training: CrossFit.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Super set arm training.
2. Triceps rope pushdowns and barbell curl.
3. Triceps dips and preacher curls.
4. Less rest between sets.
5. Clean eating and add good supplements.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. Great night sleep so you get enough rest and maximize recovery.
2. Cardio in the morning on an empty stomach.
3. Weight training and really challenge your limits.
4. Clean diet.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Weight training.
2. Whey protein.
3. BCAA and L-Glutamine.
5. Rest and recovery.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Take physique progress photos every 4 weeks.
2. Share your progress with others.
3. Remember it never gets easier, you only get better.
4. Don’t wish for it, work for it.
5. Always challenge your limits.
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday: Chest and back (4 sets of 8-12 reps).
- Tuesday: Shoulder with cardio for 30 minutes (4 sets of 8-12 reps).
- Wednesday: Legs and arms (5 sets of 8-12 reps).
- Thursday: Cardio and abs for 30-40 minutes.
- Friday: Chest and back (4 sets of 8-12 reps).
- Saturday: Shoulders and arms (4 sets of 8-12 reps).
- Sunday: Cardio for 30 minutes.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Cardio first thing in the morning.
2. Increase protein and lower your carbs.
3. Strength training.
4. Cable crunches.
5. Hanging leg raises.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
2. Step ups.
3. Stiff leg deadlifts.
5. Glute kickbacks.