Ronnie Amadi – Male Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Ronnie Amadi
- Height: 6’0″
- Weight: 183 pounds
- Date of Birth: 10-06-1981
- Hair Color: Black
- Eye Color: Brown
- Location: Houston, Texas
Ronnie Amadi – Male Fitness Model Interview
Can you tell us a little about yourself?
My name is Ronnie Amadi and I graduated from Hastings High School and received a full ride football scholarship to the University of Kansas. I played collegiate football for 5 years and I graduated with an economic degree. After college, I pursued football. My professional career consisted of arena football for two years and the Canadian football league for two years. Now I am currently in school working on my masters degree in accounting. I also do modeling and host celebrity functions.
How did you get started in the fitness field?
Just through family and friends telling me that I should be in the fitness industry because of how well my body was defined.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
I love to workout. I have been working out since the age of 15. I like having my body look a certain way and I feel comfortable about it. I also like the competition aspect of it.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
Coming in first place and second place at the real optimum and Texas state NPC fitness competition.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
The best way is to get in contact with a couple of local photographers and have them take pictures of you. Once you have the pictures, take them to a local modeling agency around your area and see what they think. Also put some pics on Facebook so you can get some feedback of your work.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I usually wake up in the morning around 7am. I eat breakfast and then workout. Then I study and go to work. Its pretty simple but very tiring.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
I would do cardio on the Stairmaster for 20 minutes. It should be set for fat burning and the speed should be around 12. Sometimes I run for 20 minutes with the incline set at 2 and the speed at 6.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
It depends on your size really. I don’t try to lose weight, I try to maintain. But if I want to lose weight, cardio has to be done everyday.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
I usually take Bullnox for more endurance while I’m working out and post-workout I take ISO 100 protein powder. I drink at least two scoops of protein per day.
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
With bad cravings, I make sure I have lots of fruit in my house. I am a sweets guy and sometimes I mess up on my diet but I try my best not to.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
Chicken, eggs, steak, oatmeal, fruit, lean beef, whole wheat bread, tuna, salad, almonds, fish.
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
You should really try to start eating clean today and do cardio at least 4 times throughout the week.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Get chicken or steak. Baked or grilled without butter.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats, lunges, step ups with dumbbells, one leg squats and leg press.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
I am not really sure if I deal with that because I love to workout.
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: 1 whole egg, 4 egg whites, 1 cup of oatmeal.
- Mid-Morning Snack: Protein shake, apple, almonds.
- Lunch: Chicken or tuna sandwich.
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Protein shake and a good source of carbs.
- Dinner: Steak and rice, or fish and rice.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: Bench press,squats, incline bench press, dumbbell incline press, pull ups.
- Cardio Exercises: Stairmaster, treadmill, elliptical machine and stadium stairs.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Eat clean and watch your carbs.
2. Weight lifting with high reps.
3. Target different parts of the body during the week.
4. Don’t give up, results will come.
5. Lots of cardio and ab workouts.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. Watch your carbs.
2. Do 30 minutes of cardio everyday.
3. High repetition when weight training.
4. Eat good sources of lean protein.
5. Drink plenty of water.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Eat good sources of protein.
2. Eat at least 5 to 6 times a day.
3. Lift heavier but still do high reps.
4. Focus on every part of the body.
5. Drink a protein shake at least 4 scoops daily.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself I’m you’re happy with way you look.
2. Buy clothes that you want your body to fit into.
3. Get a personal trainer.
4. Hang around friends that enjoy working out.
5. Place a picture of somebody you admire in your house.
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday: Incline bench press for 3 sets of 15 reps, cable flyes.
- Tuesday: Pull ups, cross cable, barbell bent over rows and seated rows.
- Wednesday: Squats, lunges, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls.
- Thursday: Shoulder raises, military press, upright rows, bent over lateral raises, shrugs.
- Friday: Bench press, alternating dumbbell curls, straight bar curls, triceps pull downs, overhead triceps, dips.
- Saturday: Steps ups, dumbbell one leg squats, deadlifts.
- Sunday: REST!
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Decline abs.
4. Watch your carbs.
5. Core strength exercises.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
3. Leg extensions.
4. Leg curls.
5. Step ups.