Timothy Moriarty – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Timothy Moriarty
- Height: 5’11
- Weight: 170
- Date of Birth: 12/16/1965
- Hair Color: Light Brown
- Eye Color: Brown
- Location: New Jersey
- Email: email@example.com
Timothy Moriarty – Fitness Model Interview
Can you tell us a little about yourself?
Back when I was a young boy, my older brothers would workout in our basement with their friends. I would watch them longing to follow in their foot steps one day. I myself inherited those same memories of working out with friends for hours in the same basement! The only difference was that I never out grew those days.
I educated myself more on the subject of health and fitness. I have been studying health and fitness since age of 15. I try to teach and educate others so that they can be fit and healthy as I am now. I have accomplished what I have dreamt about as a young child and even more. I want to continue to inspire others who want to achieve dramatic results because it can be done. I am in phenomenal shape at the age of 43. I combined all that knowledge into one to get my finished result so I want to pass that knowledge on to others.
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I started to compete as a teenager. My first contest was the Jersey classic which I took first place! Mr. New Jersey, Garden State New Jersey and East Coast bodybuilding contests followed in which I did very well with those contests coming in first place. I competed in the State power lifting championship. I won at 17 with a deadlift of 625!
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
It is an individual sport. You never get tired of the same thing because there are so many variations to fitness. You’re always learning something new! You’re not just exercising your exterior but your entire body including your heart, brain and lungs. It’s the most beneficial sport.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
The results speak for themselves! Helping other people achieve their dreams! Helping people making those dreams become reality for them has to be the biggest accomplishment ever!
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
The best way is to try anything and everything and usually things will all fall into place. I am very optimistic on this subject. I know that if one agent doesn’t find interest, someone else will. You have to keep going and try different avenues.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
After working with my clients at the gym, I come home and do my own workout routine. I do my treadmill uphill then I hit the weights and workout different muscle groups daily.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Jump roping, treadmill and running. Also try running up and down stairs. The more resistance you add to your cardio routine, the more calories you will burn.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
1-2 pounds a week is good.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
High protein for recovery and complex carbs to help drive glycogen to muscle cells. Depending on the individual, if they are healthy and do not have any health risks they can also add a fat burner to help raise their metabolism.
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
There are healthy options out there. Protein bars such as Atkins and Met-RX have some high protein, low sugar bars that are great for cravings or in between meals. You can cheat one day out of the week and eat a few things you crave if you really find the need to. If you stick to a diet, the hardest part is the beginning and after a while you will find you do not really find yourself craving those sweets or salty food anymore. You will start to crave healthier snacks and veggies. Also try eating almonds or nuts without salt in between snacks.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
Lean chicken breast, lean meats, salmon, green veggies, grapefruits, almonds, high fiber cereal and lots of green salads. Yams instead of white potatoes and whole wheat grains.
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
First, get medical clearance from your physician. Then you would start out with a light to moderate cardio program and graduate to a higher level. I can’t really recommend specific exercise because you have to know the individuals goal and specifications before recommending an exercise program that meets that individual’s health needs.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
You can eat a baked potato with lean chicken or steak. Include steam veggies or a salad. You can eat a grilled chicken salad and many restaurants carry a very large salad as the main meal. Now there are restaurants that carry a healthy menu (grilled chicken, etc.) and that is a good alternative as well. You have to look on the menu for something that does not have a lot of saturated fats and low in sugar but high in protein and healthy for your body. I have also seen veggie platters for an appetizer so there are quite a few options out there today! You can also carry protein bars with you instead of filling up on bread and deserts!
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats, running up and down stairs. Do exercise that concentrate on the gluteus region such as an up and down range of motion. Hyper extension machine hits where your bicep femurs ties into your gluteus.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
You have to be strongly dedicated and also strong-willed or you won’t be able to do it! You have to want to do it, no one can force you!
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: High fiber cereal or oatmeal, egg whites.
- Mid-Morning Snack: Half of grapefruit, high protein drink.
- Lunch: Baked chicken breast with veggies (green beans, broccoli etc. )
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Almonds and a high protein drink.
- Dinner: Chicken breast or lean steak with grilled veggies or salad.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: Free weights.
- Cardio Exercises: Treadmill.
- Additional Training: Jump rope, total gym exercise machine, punching bag. What I do is a little unorthodox because I do a lot of different types of training.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Standing curls.
2. Alternating curls.
3. Preacher curls (my number 1 exercise for me while working my arms!).
4. 3 sets of each of 10-12 reps.
5. Incline curls (fully stretch out the bottom of the biceps) always make sure you use the correct form (strict form).
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. You must stick to a healthy diet!
3. Stay motivated and active throughout the day!
4. Add protein replacements to your diet.
5. Stick to your goals and your diet. You will see the results over time!
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. High protein.
2. Basic squats, 3 sets 8-10 reps strict form.
3. Benching & deadlifting are the main criteria of any program for adding muscle size.
4. Behind the neck military presses 8-10 reps, shoulder presses.
5. Keep doing cardio but make it 3 times a week instead of 4-5 times if you’re trying to gain mass.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Watch some inspiring movies like Pumping Iron!
2. Change your music! Motivating music always helps!
3. Change the location of where you workout.
4. Change your routine around for example something you do first make it at the end of your workout. Change the time of your day if you can.
5. Workout with a buddy or your spouse and even your children so you can get motivated so you don’t get stuck!
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday: treadmill 30 min. uphill on incline, back and biceps.
- Tuesday: treadmill 30 min. uphill on incline, pecs and shoulders.
- Wednesday: treadmill 30 min. uphill on incline, legs and calves.
- Thursday: 30 min on treadmill uphill incline, back and biceps.
- Friday: treadmill 30 min uphill, pecs and shoulders.
- Saturday: legs and calves.
- Sunday: day off.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Strictly dieting can eliminate 80% of the fat around your stomach.
3. Try to gain more muscle mass through weight training management.
4. Be strict and stay on track. Keep disciplined on what your goals are.
5. Crunches, leg raises, reverse crunches.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
4. Stepmaster or elliptical.
5. Stick to your plan 4 to 5 times a week and you will see results.