Bridget Ricker – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Bridget Ricker
- Height: 5’7″
- Weight: 118 pounds
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Bust: 32B
- Waist: 25/26
- Location: Delphos, Ohio
- Website: instagram.com/bridge_xoxo
Bridget Ricker – Fitness Model Interview
What is your background?
My name is Bridget Lynn Ricker. I was born in Lima, Ohio. I’ve always been an active person. Growing up I played many sports including basketball and softball. I also have my certificate for Medical Assisting.
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I started in the fitness field about a year after graduating high school. I started going to the gym with my husband and ever since then I’ve had a passion for health and fitness.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
Being healthy and feeling comfortable within myself.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
Building up my strength and making progress with my workouts.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
Check out different modeling websites and agencies. Using an agency is usually better and much easier because they have a wide variety of known photographers.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I eat a good protein based breakfast first thing in the morning. Normally, I go for a run before work and after work my husband and I head to the gym.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
A quick high intensity workout with higher reps and different exercises is great. Running is always good for burning calories.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
Depends on how much you weigh and what you want to accomplish. 1-2 pounds a week is a good goal to shoot for.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
Fruits are always a good before and after snack. If you’re trying to build lean muscle, I would recommend a high protein and clean carbohydrate diet with foods like chicken, rice, and a side of greens (veggies).
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
I drink lots of water and chew gum. It tricks your mind into thinking you’re full.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
Chicken, rice, peanut butter, fruits, fish, and vegetables.
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Start slow, be patient, and work your way up. Just start walking then work your way up to jogging and then running. Focus on proper form with your workouts and stretches.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Stay away from fried foods. Make grease your worst enemy. Salads and grilled foods are the best items to order when eating out.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats, lunges, leg raises, and push ups with your legs open.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Sticking to a strict diet all the time.
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs, yogurt, and orange juice.
- Mid-Morning Snack: Protein bar.
- Lunch: Grilled chicken salad with fat-free dressing, protein shake, and fruit.
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Vegetables (cucumbers, celery, and carrots).
- Dinner: Chicken or fish with rice, steamed vegetables, and water.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: Bench, squats, deadlifts, overhead press, preacher curls, chin ups, pull ups, and leg press.
- Cardio Exercises: Jumping rope, running, and jogging in place.
How does your family and friends react to and deal with your strict fitness lifestyle (dieting, eating out, workouts, parties)?
At first they were confused as to why I was changing my ways with eating and working out. But now they see what a positive difference being fit and healthy can make in my life.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. Stay away from junk foods and soda pop or anything high in sugar.
2. If you drink alcohol try to limit your intake to just 1-2 drinks.
3. During your repetitions, push/pull the weight up fast and on the way down go significantly slower to make each rep harder.
4. When working out, keep tension on the muscle during the entire range of motion and do not rest between each rep.
5. Do a little cardio after your weight training workout.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Eat a gram of protein for every pound you weigh.
2. Train your biggest muscles with mass building exercises (bench, deadlifts, squats).
3. Do a full body workout followed by a day of rest (once a week).
4. Eat a nutrient dense high protein meal every 3 hours during the day.
5. Drink milk before you go to bed to ensure your body is getting enough calcium.
What is the most important thing you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
Get a buddy! Having someone by your side pushing you and motivating you always helps keep you going.
What is your training routine like?
- Monday: Chest – peck flys, incline bench, decline bench, and triceps.
- Tuesday: Back – lat pulldowns, up right rows, bent-over rows, and chin ups.
- Wednesday: Legs – bodyweight squats, lunges, leg press, calf raises, wall sits, weighted squats, and running.
- Thursday: Arms – preacher curls, 21s, dumbbell curls, straight bar curls, pull-ups, chin-ups, and triceps.
- Friday: Shoulders – overhead press, shrugs, arm raises, Arnold press, and push ups.
- Saturday: Full body workout.
- Sunday: Rest Day.
What type of nutritional supplements do you currently use and which ones do you recommend for a beginner getting started on a fitness program?
Women’s Vita-pak (multivitamin), BCCAs (branched chain amino acids), and a pre-workout supplement.
What is your favorite healthy food or meal you really enjoy eating? Also, what is your favorite cheat meal or food you like to indulge in from time to time?
My favorite healthy foods are strawberry yogurt and grilled chicken salad. My favorite cheat meal would have to be mild wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.