Jacki Peters – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Jacki Peters
- Height: 5’6″
- Weight: 120 pounds
- Date of Birth: December 3, 1988
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Bust: 34″
- Waist: 24″
- Hips: 36″
- Location: Atlantic, Canada
Jacki Peters – Fitness Model Interview
What is your background?
I am a 25-year-old Canadian fitness fanatic! Besides being at the gym I enjoy playing sports, being around my friends and family and I love animals! I am currently a student halfway through my first year of Architectural Technology and when that is over I intend on continuing my education to become an architect! I also plan to continue competing in fitness competitions and bettering myself as an athlete!
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I’ve always been athletic. I played every sport I possibly could as I grew up from volleyball, basketball, soccer, badminton to track and swimming! After school I wasn’t as involved with sports and physical activity as I wished I was. I began doing cardio fitness classes in my community but I began doing some research on weight lifting and was intrigued by the results. I joined a gym and fell in love the first time I held a dumbbell in my hand!
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
I love pushing myself and seeing how far my strength and my mind can take me. I truly believe you can achieve anything you put your mind to. I love seeing results and seeing the changes your body can go through is amazing. I love introducing and encouraging people to begin a healthy lifestyle. It’s rewarding to not only see the changes in your own body and mind, but to see other people sharing the love for fitness. It really is contagious!
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
I have been fascinated by following bikini models on their journeys through bodybuilding competitions and realized it was something I wanted to do. I finally made the decision to compete in an Atlantic Canada competition. My goal was to place in the top five, which I thought was a great goal for my first show. There were 13 other girls competing in the figure model tall category alongside myself. I was ecstatic when they called my name for the top three placing and so proud of myself and my accomplishment of meeting my goal when they put my second place medal around my neck! Since that moment I knew that the fitness world was where I wanted to be!
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
The best way to get your name out in the fitness industry is by contacting companies, sending out professional photographs and using social media! Fitness is the type of industry that will be forever growing!
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I wake up in the morning and immediately grab a bottle of water! Hydration is so important and after getting 8 hours of sleep your body desperately needs to be hydrated! I make my breakfast, get ready for school, pack my meals for the day and I’m out the door! I’m in school from 9am to 4pm so I make sure I have enough food to eat every two hours to keep my metabolism and energy up! I hit the gym every day during my lunch break!
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Burpees! I know so many people who will go out of their way to avoid doing burpees but they target the entire body and burn calories quickly. If I don’t have time for a workout, or can’t make it to the gym I always include burpees in my home workouts!
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
I would aim for 2 pounds a week at the most, anything more than that can be dangerous weight loss! Just remember the number on the scale is just a number, it should be what you see in the mirror that counts! As long as you continue to eat healthy and workout, keeping the weight off should be a breeze!
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
I eat a full meal about 1 to 1.5 hours before I workout and have a handful of almonds closer to gym time. Occasionally I will have a pre-workout drink if my energy is down or if I really want to kill a workout! As for after a workout I make sure I have a protein shake, and roughly half an hour after that I will have 125 grams of plain Greek yogurt (high in protein) with a 1/3 cup of oats! Fat burners are optional, depending on your goal!
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
Chewing gum! You would be surprised how chewing a little piece of gym can save you, especially if you grab a yummy flavor! I’m a salt girl, I always crave salt, but my best trick is when I’m craving any type of junk, I’ll take the money I would normally spend on junk food and buy a fitness magazine, take that home and make a cup of chocolate mint tea and enjoy reading my magazine. The feeling of accomplishment after brushing off your cravings is amazing and remembering that feeling makes it easier every time! Everyone will fall off the wagon at some point, but the main thing is to jump right back on! Don’t let one little slip up ruin your routine!
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
I love grocery shopping! My go-to groceries are always boneless skinless chicken breasts, Greek yogurt, eggs, oats, brown rice, sweet potatoes and lots of vegetables! Sodium-free spices are also very important to keep your meals tasty and creative!
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Do some research! When I started my fitness journey I had no idea what I was doing and no one to help me. I researched everything from workouts to supplements to diets. I learned so many great things and you will never stop learning! Start slow, don’t hurt yourself and if you are unsure don’t be afraid to ask!
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Stay away from fast food restaurants. Many restaurants will have a “healthy choice” section on their menu. If not, try to choose a lean protein and veggie meal! Ask for no butter or sauces!
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats, squats, squats! Bum to the ground! Squats, walking lunges, cable kickbacks and using the stepper machine pushing through your heels instead of on your toes really give that booty a burn during a workout! I would also recommend doing legs twice a week to shape them up quicker!
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Temptation is the hardest thing for me to overcome while trying to stay in shape. Cravings will normally only last 10-15 minutes, however if you are at a party or out with friends who are not as concerned about their bodies then sometimes the temptations can be a little harder! I just keep my mind occupied on other things. Would you rather have the chocolate bar your mind wanted for 10 minutes or the body you’ve wanted your entire life?
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: 1 egg, 5 egg whites, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1/3 cup oats with water, cinnamon, 1 pack of stevia.
- Mid-Morning Snack: 4 oz. chicken, ½ cup brown rice, lots of veggies! Broccoli, green peppers, green onions, mushrooms, etc.
- Lunch: I go to the gym at lunch so I have a scoop of protein power and a banana right after my workout! Then half an hour after my workout I have 125 grams of Greek yogurt, 1/3 cup of oats, and a scoop of unsalted sunflower seeds.
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Spinach salad with 4 oz. chicken and 2 hard-boiled egg whites.
- Dinner: Spinach and veggie omelet!
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
I have a 6 day strength training routine:
- Day 1: Legs – squats, walking lunges, cable kickbacks.
- Day 2: Back & abs – wide grip lat pulldowns, dumbbell rows, pull-ups, crunches, twists, leg lifts.
- Day 3: Shoulders – rear deltoid raise, shoulder press, front raise, side laterals.
- Day 4: Biceps & triceps – cable curls, dumbbell curls (drop sets), cable pushdown, skull crushers.
- Day 5: Legs – deadlifts, leg curls, leg extensions, bridges.
- Day 6: Chest & abs – chest press, incline flies, pushups, bicycle, reverse crunches.
Cardio Exercises: treadmill, stepper machine, plyometics.
Additional Training: beach volleyball.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Focus on proper form.
2. Lift heavy.
3. Change up your routine.
4. Ensure you are getting the right amount of fat, protein and carbs.
5. Consistent workouts.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. Eat correctly!
2. Get enough exercise.
3. Listen to your body.
4. Take multivitamins.
5. Do research.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Lift heavy weights.
2. Make sure you are eating enough carbs and proteins.
3. Consistent workouts. Don’t expect to gain muscle by going to the gym once or twice a week.
4. Concentrate on the body part you’re training.
5. Don’t give up!
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Be determined.
2. Think of it as a lifestyle.
3. Stay positive.
4. Find a motivational person who you can look up to (social media is great for this)!
5. Do it for the right reasons! Never give up!
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday: Legs – Heavy weight, 10-12 reps usually 3-4 sets, I will also switch it up and do circuits.
- Tuesday: Back & Abs – I superset a back exercise then an ab exercise. Heavy weights, 6-8 reps for back, 15-20 reps for abs usually 3-4 sets.
- Wednesday: Shoulders (my favorite) – Heavy weights, I do a lot of drop sets. So take a heavy weight, do it until failure, then a lighter weight until failure, and another lighter weight until failure (this equals one set), 3-4 sets.
- Thursday: Biceps & Triceps – I will superset a biceps exercise with a triceps exercise, heavy weight, 8-10 reps, 3-4 sets and I will occasionally do drop sets with these as well.
- Friday: Legs – Light weight, high reps (20) and I do a lot of body weight plyometrics on Friday’s leg day.
- Saturday: Chest & Abs – Moderate weight, 10-15 reps, 3-4 sets, abs are mostly bodyweight 15-20 reps, 3-4 sets.
- Sunday: Rest!
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Abs are made in the kitchen! Eat correctly and consistently.
2. Hanging leg lifts really target the lower abdominals.
3. Regular crunches.
4. Torso twists create a smaller waist (you can use weight).
5. Bicycles! They burn and target your entire core.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
1. I recommend having two leg days in your routine.
2. Lift heavy weights!
3. Working your legs will work your entire body and burn more calories and fat!
4. Do lots of squats and different variations of squats. They are so great for the entire lower body!
5. Lunges and leg extensions are also great exercises to tone your legs!