Joy Trimble – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Joy Trimble
- Height: 5’8″
- Weight: 128 pounds
- Date of Birth: 9/14/1986
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Bust: 34D
- Waist: 26
- Hips: 33
- Location: Houston, TX
Joy Trimble – Fitness Model Interview
Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I am from The Woodlands, Texas and now reside in Midtown Houston, Texas. I currently represent Myogenix Supplements for 2011 and I am very proud to do so. I have always been athletic and loved being healthy, so being in the fitness industry has always been my calling. Every day I learn something new, I have been eating clean for several months now, I am so passionate about clean eating that I am actually putting together a small book for my fellow health nuts. Being healthy and looking great is a lifestyle. I take my job seriously as a professional fitness model, bikini competitor, mother, full time student, and entrepreneur.
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I have always been very athletic as I had competitively cheered for 8 years of my life, ran track in high school, and my family has always lived a healthy eating lifestyle. I got noticed for my fit physique and my career has taken off from there!
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
I love being able to help people achieve their fitness goals. This industry is not just about what I look like and what I do to be this way, but it’s about what I can do to help others feel better about them. I want to help everyone in any way I can!
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
Definitely do both! It doesn’t hurt to contact photographers so you can build your portfolio. Modeling agencies definitely help you get started. The number one thing you should do is promote yourself, whether you start a website, or use modeling websites, or even your Facebook, you have to promote!
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
Lately my days have all been slightly different. I am a full time student now, I am hoping to be a Sports Medicine Dr. someday. The longer I have been working in this industry the more I realize I want to further help people in other areas. Monday thru Wednesday I have school, so I wake up very early to get my work outs in. I take my son to school and then Monday thru Wednesday I do 60 minutes of cardio followed my weights (two muscle groups each day, abs), Thursday and Friday I do 30 minutes of cardio and upper and lower abs. Also on Thursdays and Fridays I spend the day studying, and cooking clean! I love clean cooking so much that I am currently writing my own clean eating cook book. We all have our dreams, and I have many. One of them is to encourage people to eat clean! I also do demos for Myogenix twice a week at Nutrition Stores in Houston, but that differs during the week as well. I take the weekend off from working out, unless I missed any cardio Monday thru Friday.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Walk on an incline, or run around your block. If you have trouble running then just fine the nearest steep hill and power walk up and down for 30-45 minutes 5 days a week. This will help your overall core, and not to mention, your butt!
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
Try to lose about 1-2 pounds a week. That is healthy, depending on what your weight is. If you aren’t overweight then you shouldn’t be focusing on losing weight, you should focus on turning your flab/fat into muscle and toning up. Muscle weighs more than fat, so get your body fat tested. To keep your weight off or maintain a tight body, you just need to find a workout regime that works best for you and stick to it! Also, another tip that most women and men don’t know is that eating is everything. Watch your portions and make sure your eating right. Clean eating is the way to go, trust me!
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
For starters, I never crave fast food because I know how bad it is for me. However, I do have a sweet tooth and I crave sweets from time to time. Google search clean eating recipes, there are a TON of delicious recipes that you can use to eat your favorite unhealthy snacks, clean! You wouldn’t believe what I can make, MOLTEN CHOCOLATE CAKE! It’s clean too!
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
First of all you need to be buying fresh vegetables and fruits, search for whole wheat/grain products. Avoid packaged and processed foods. Here are some ideas you can use when shopping. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is easily substituted in most recipes calling for white flour. Here are some bean suggestions, be sure to read the labels if you buy the canned beans, many have added sugar which is unnecessary and not a part of clean eating. Garbanzo beans (chickpeas) Black beans, Kidney beans, Pinto beans, Adzuki beans, and Navy beans. Wheat, oats and rice are healthy grains, and Quinoa Brown Rice Barley Buckwheat Oats – Steel cut is best. Everyone drinks milk so here are some ideas for milk replacements: Soy milk (Unsweetened), Almond milk (Unsweetened), Rice milk (Unsweetened), Hemp milk (Unsweetened), Hazelnut milk (Unsweetened). Some nuts to snack on are; Almonds – nothing added (cocoa almonds are fine), Hazelnuts, Walnuts, and Pecans. Some sweet toppers and clean sweeteners to cook with are: Agave nectar, Pure Honey, Maple syrup, Brown rice syrup, Stevia and Truvia. As far as protein from meat, I only eat tuna (low sodium in can or fresh), extra lean ground turkey, and chicken (only grilled or baked in the oven). Fish is a great source of protein as well, but get it fresh, nothing prepackaged.I use ground cinnamon, garlic powder, fresh garlic, basil leaves, thyme, oregano, cumin, ground black pepper, ground white pepper, sodium free salt, and rosemary to season my foods. There are plenty of no salt spices that you can use. Use your imagination when you cook! Don’t be afraid to try new things to adjust your taste buds to the clean eating. Oh yeah and one more thing, VEGGIE CHEESE! A new found love of mine, substitute other cheese for veggie cheese, it is very yummy and healthy!
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Well to be honest, I can’t stand eating out anymore, because unless I cook it, I don’t know where it’s coming from! However, I do have to go out of town a lot so I have to eat something; I always have a specific order for the waiter when he/she comes. I start by saying, I need all my food cooked with no oils, no butters, no grease, nothing, plain. Then I order my food, depending where I am it varies, but last week I was at a Greek restaurant and I ordered hummus, with cucumbers and tomatoes, chicken kabob with veggies, salad with light vinaigrette on the side. There is always a way to eat clean at any restaurant, just be specific and let them know you eat clean, and can’t have sauce, put the sauce on the side, use lemon slices to seasons your food, pepper, just avoid the fatty foods!
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Weighted squats and lunges are always great for your rear! Also, leg press, duck squats, and hamstring curls are wonderful for your butt and hamstrings! I am queen of butt exercises!
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Now I would have to say portion control, I eat clean, but my portions aren’t always as small as they should be, my food is just so tasty I can’t stop eating sometimes! I have to watch it closely!
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Meal One: Chocolate protein pancakes, banana, water, black coffee
- Meal Two: Clean apple grilled cheese, with a veggie side
- Meal Three: Clean eating crispy chicken bites, brown rice and veggie mix
- Meal Four: One tablespoon all natural peanut butter, handful grapes or fruit of your choice (I may do dried fruit to snack on at school or on the run)
- Meal Five: Turkey meatloaf with a veggie side. Clean eating dessert of my choice if I have one premade.
- Note: Lately I have only been able to get in about 5 meals, but 6 are designated, so try to do 6! I usually cook my meals for about 3 days in one day, and freeze or refrigerate my premade food.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Use light weight with multiple repetition. Do 4 sets of 20, with light weights. (at least 3 different exercises for biceps and triceps).
2. Lift weights three days a week.
3. Take two days off in a row from lifting to let your muscles recover.
4. Some exercises designated towards arms: barbell curls, bicep cable curls, preacher curls, bench dips, lying tricep extensions, one arm tricep extensions, tricep cable extensions, overhead tricep cable extensions.
5.Lastly, keep up your cardio, that is an overall workout for your body.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. EAT CLEAN
2. EAT CLEAN
3. EAT CLEAN
4. Weight Train 3 days a week, and work out your abs 5 days a week.
5. Lastly, CARDIO! CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO!! Be sure to be doing 60 minutes of cardio 3 days a week, 30 minutes of cardio 2 days a week and abs 5 days a week. Take two days off from the gym in a row if possible.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
2. If you’re working out regularly, drink a post work out protein shake after your work out, I suggest After Shock by Myogenix, the ultimate post workout recovery.
3. Sleep is very important as well. I know it’s hard to get 6-8 hours for most of us but try to get at least 6 hours of sleep every night.
4. If you’re not eating enough, it is almost impossible to gain lean muscle, get a nutrition counselor if you aren’t sure how much you should be eating. Eating is so important, I cannot stress that enough!
5. Lastly, be doing the work out routines that I have been suggesting, for your arms, back, abdominals, legs, and your core.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Set goals for yourself. What you want to look like in a month, 2 months, 6 months, and year!
2. Eat clean, cook clean, remember how hard you have worked for your results and what can happen when you back track. If you are just starting your healthy lifestyle, imagine what you would like to look like, or what you want to fit into. By a pair of pants you want to wear in 6 weeks, and make sure you get into those jeans!
3. Get 6-8 hours of sleep every night.
4. Maintain a regular workout schedule. Even if it’s been a long day, be sure to make it to the gym even if you do a small power workout. If you can’t make it to the gym that day, simply walk, jog, or run around your block. Getting any kind of cardio in is important no matter what. Working out 5 days a week is a must.
5. Lastly, think about why you started this healthy lifestyle, whatever the reason, you know that it’s better for your health to stay this way. Stay positive and motivated by thinking about what you can look like in a bikini for summer!
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday:60 minutes of cardio, triceps and shoulders, hamstring curls (I am currently building my hamstrings so I have to work them out often). (See my tricep and shoulder work outs above) lying crunches, table tops, stretch
- Tuesday: 60 minutes of cardio, biceps and upper back (maybe one chest exercise), leg raises for abs, twists, stretch (see my bicep and upper back exercises above)
- Wednesday: 60 minutes of cardio, lower back and legs (butt), (see lower back and leg exercises above), lying crunches and leg raises, stretch.
- Thursday: 30 minutes of cardio, twists and crunches, stretch.
- Friday: 30 minutes of cardio, table tops, crunches, lying leg raises, stretch.
I do my amp’d abs workout at least once a week, on one of these days, throw it in your weekly routine, at least once a week and you will love it!
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Eat Clean!
2. Cardio 5 days a week
3. Do my amp’d abs routine!
4. Weight train
5. EAT CLEAN, NO FAST FOOD OR PROCESSED FOOD!
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
1. Eat Clean!
2. Weighted Squats
3. Weighted Lunges
4. Lying leg curls (use multiple repetition with light weights, tire your muscles)
5. Duck squats