LaJuwon Williams – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: LaJuwon Williams
- Height: 5’2″
- Weight: 100 pounds
- Date of Birth: 02/20/1984
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Bust: 32B
- Waist: 24″
- Hips: 26″
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
LaJuwon Williams – Fitness Model Interview
What is your background?
I am 28 years old and a mother of one healthy little girl. I am a fitness boot camp instructor and personal trainer.
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I started at the age of 8 running track and doing the long jump. I ran track for 10 years straight and did cross country running as well. Within those years I played basketball, tennis and soccer.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
I love everything about it. I feel great and powerful when I am working out. Living a fit and healthy life is a wonderful feeling to have. The absolute best thing about fitness is being able to help others meet their fitness goal.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
Every moment when I have a client reach their goal and getting started in fitness modeling.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
The best way I suggest is to do your research to find what is best for you but an agency is most likely the best way to start.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I wake up at 5am and get my daughter up. We eat our breakfast and get dressed for the day. I go to work and for an hour on a break, I either run the stairs or go on a run. After work, I have some reading time and get my daughter cleaned up, then cook dinner. I get her off to bed at about 8pm and do some weight training for an hour.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Fitness boot camps, Zumba, or something with High intensity Interval Training. These different workouts are only about 45-60 minutes.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
It depends on the person but about 1-2 pounds a week is a safe amount.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
Here are a few things to eat 2-3 hours before working out:
- Food: lean protein, such as chicken breast or fish. Veggies and a salad (clean eating) or some slow burning carbs. Keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
- Post-Workout: At least 30 minutes after a workout, drink a protein shake (with whey or a combination of whey and casein) and get your branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs).
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
Keep healthy choices around for cravings.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
You want to make sure you eat clean and healthy. Include lean proteins, veggies, fruits and good healthy snacks (if you need them for cravings).
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Get a motivational resource like a workout buddy and get a gym membership. Getting on a plan with a trainer is your best choice. That will keep you committed and motivated. Put a picture or quote on your mirror or refrigerator to keep you focused on your goal.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
You should try to eat the same meals that you have in your diet that include lean protein, veggies and healthy clean foods.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Lunges, squats, hip extensions, deadlifts, step ups, running, hiking, and biking.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Being able to manage my time and keeping a workout schedule (fitting it into each day with my daughter).
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: Water, egg whites, fresh fruit and whole grain toast (some days I have protein pancakes and fresh fruit).
- Mid-Morning Snack: ½ protein shake or fruit.
- Lunch: Baked chicken breast, mixed veggies and brown rice (some days I have fish and mixed veggies or salad).
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Almonds and veggies.
- Dinner: Baked chicken breast, mixed veggies and brown rice.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: Weight training with many different exercises.
- Cardio Exercises: Running or biking.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Bicep curls.
3. Triceps kickbacks and triceps pull downs.
5. Chin ups.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. Eating clean is #1 (control portions, watch sugar intake).
2. Cardio and aerobic workouts.
3. Cutting out fatty foods.
4. Weight training.
5. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT cardio).
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Eat 5-6 meals per day.
2. Workout 4-5 days per week.
3. Drink lots of water.
4. Weight training.
5. Protein supplements (whey and casein) and BCAAs.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Accountability (get a trainer, motivator).
2. Solid doable diet (healthy clean eating plan).
3. Create healthy lifestyle habits.
4. Set goals and write them down.
5. Post visual motivators everywhere (pictures and quotes).
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday: Run, shoulders, biceps.
- Wednesday: Abs, butt, calves.
- Thursday: Legs, chest.
- Friday: Run, triceps, back.
- Saturday: Boot camp, running, hiking.
- Sunday: Off
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Proper eating.
2. Lots of core and ab workouts.
3. Plenty of cardio.
4. 5-6 days of working out.
5. Walking and running.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
4. Walking, running.
5. Eating properly.