Lucia Joana Pasca – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Lucia Joana Pasca
- Height: 5’5″
- Weight: 120 pounds
- Date of Birth: 06/07/1980
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Bust: 34B
- Waist: 26″
- Hips: 35″
- Location: Charsworth, California
Lucia Joana Pasca – Fitness Model Interview
How did you get started in the fitness field?
I have been practicing martial arts since I was 15 years old and fell in love with the idea of health and fitness.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
Having the possibility to live a healthy lifestyle by leading through example and making a difference in people’s lives.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
I became a National Champion in Karate in Romania. I have changed my clients lives 180 degrees by helping them reach their fitness goals.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
I believe having an agent is ideal and providing well done photos.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I usually wake up around 6:30 am and have coffee and breakfast (I love my coffee). My day consists of:
- I train my morning clients
- Snack time
- I workout and then have my protein shake
- I go to school from 12pm-3:00pm
- I have lunch
- Back to gym for my evening session
- I enjoy a pleasant evening with friends or my cute dog, or just read a bit before going to bed
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Interval training, running at different speeds and incline workouts.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
To be safe and keep it off, an average weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week is ideal.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
A healthy carb before working out (fruit). Then I have protein within 30 minutes post-workout.
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
One cheat day a week. Mine is usually Sunday.Also, not buying those tempting foods because once you have them in the house, you will eat them. I buy a lot of fruit (for my sweet tooth) and I try to drink a lot of water daily.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
- Protein: Fish, chicken breast, eggs, cheese
- Veggies: Asparagus, broccoli, green beans, mushrooms, avocado, cauliflower, salads
- Fruits: Watermelon, cherries, blueberries, raspberries
- Fats: Almonds, Nuts
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Have a fitness evaluation where they take your weight, body fat percentage and then set achievable goals. Losing 10 pounds per month is a solid goal. It should take approximately 4 months to lose the weight and keep it off. Have a good balance between cardio (3 times per week), nutrition (3 small meals and 3-4 snacks per day) and strength training (minimum of 3 times a week).
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Always order high protein foods, reduce carbs, ask for dressings and sauces on the side and split your meal with whoever you are out with.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
- Lunges and squats, alternating legs
- Hamstring (seated curls)
- Hip abduction
- Elliptical on high incline
- Stepper with high knees
- TRX one leg lunges
- Cable extensions for glutes
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Keeping track of my calories is challenging sometimes.
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: Egg whites and high fiber cup of cereal
- Mid-Morning Snack: Cheese string, or almonds and celery
- Lunch:Grilled chicken breast and asparagus
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: Cottage cheese, fruit, carrots & hummus
- Dinner: Fish filet and broccoli or mushrooms
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
Strength Training Exercises:
- Bicep curls and triceps
- Shoulders (anterior, posterior deltoids)
- Back pull and chest fly, chest press
- Hamstring curls, lunges and squats
- Core reverse crunches, military planks, mountain climbers
- Plyometrics, jumping rope, burpies, planks
- Jumping rope
- Incline walking
- Interval running
- Elliptical machine
Additional Training (a lot of core and balance, stability training):
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Bicep curl, progressive increase weight 10 reps for 4 sets
2. Triceps rope and cable extension, triceps dips legs suspended on ball
3. Deltoids press
4. Hammer, one at a time intense repetition with max weight for 2 sets
5. Military planks
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. It’s a very precise and mathematical science so start by counting calories and logging them
2. Cardio for a minimum of 3 times a week
3. No food after 8:00pm
4. Have 3 small meals and 4 snacks a day
5. Dinner should consist of mainly protein to lower the insulin production
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Focus on creating new, achievable goals
2. Lots of protein (I eat 140 grams a day)
3. Alternate free weights with machines
4. Increase weights and intensity
5. Fat burning zone, decrease cardio intensity for longer periods of time and incline at low speed
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Visualizing yourself
2. Persistence and consistency “90% of success is just showing up”
3. Changing routines
4. Creating a vision board
5. Rewarding yourself (not with food)
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Cardio on incline for 45 minutes
- Bicep curls (10 reps for 4 sets), triceps dips (12 reps for 4 sets)
- Core: obliques
- Leg press (15 reps for 4 sets)
- Hamstring curls (15 reps for 4 sets)
- High jumps
- Core: reverse crunch, military planks, obliques with rope, alternate legs crunch (25 reps for 2 sets)
- Cardio interval running
- Chest fly, chest press (12 reps for 4 sets)
- Back pulls with cable, plank with back pull
- One leg balance, back pulls with one arm
- Core: lower abdomen, high knees, mountain climbers
- Cardio (hiking, tennis)
- Strength, anterior posterior deltoids, shoulder press (15 reps for 4 sets)
- Military planks
- Lunges with lateral arm raise, alternate leg
Sunday: Day off 🙂
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Balanced diet
2. Cardio interval training (incline, high knees, stair master)
3. Core training every day
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
1. Hiking and incline cardio
2. Glute extensions with cable
3. Lots of squats
5. Hamstring curls