Sandra Froher – Fitness Model Statistics
- Name: Sandra Froher
- Height: 5’9”
- Weight: 133 pounds
- Hair Color: Blonde
- Bust: 36
- Waist: 25
- Hips: 35
- Location: Victoria B.C. Canada
- Website: MuscleLines.com
Sandra Froher – Fitness Model Interview
How did you get started in the fitness modeling field?
I was always very thin just doing aerobics and wanted to create a more shapely & sculpted body. I was lean and developed muscle that was visible and so others encouraged me to compete.
What is the #1 thing you like best about being into fitness?
I love fitness! It allows me to live a high quality of life and challenge my physical and mental self. Competing is a fusion of beauty mixed with physical and mental strength which appeals to me. I love setting goals and following through with them.
What has been your biggest accomplishment in the fitness field?
I have placed in the top 3 in four different categories Internationally.
What is the best way to get started in the fitness modeling industry? Should I just contact the photographers directly or should I use an agency?
An agency is skilled to market you faster and more effectively.
Please describe a typical day for you. What is your daily routine like?
I’m at the gym at 6am weight training then I train clients for 6-7 hours. I start my cardio program keeping it separate from my weights so I have more energy. My meals are prepared the night before. If I am close to contest, I do walking and posing practice for at least one hour as well as some tanning.
I then attend to my e-mails. My diet is well planned for success every night so there is no chance for cheating. I also recite affirmations while driving to the gym. Staying positive and on track means success in this field.
I don’t have that much time during the day to workout, so I really want to burn major calories in a short amount of time. What is the #1 “bang for the buck” cardio exercise I should do to burn serious calories?
Interval training. Push hard for 1 minute then recover for 2 minutes and repeat. Choose an exercise that moves all your muscles such as running or cross trainer so you can burn more calories. Skipping is great to.
How much weight (pounds) should I focus on losing every week? What is a safe amount to make sure I keep it off?
1-2 pounds per week so you are not losing muscle just body fat.
What type of food or supplements should I take before and after my workouts to help me see results in gaining lean muscle and losing fat?
L-Carnitine before your aerobic sessions because it helps to burn fat for energy. Protein after weights to help aid in recovery. Glutamine is also great for recovery.
How do you deal with cravings for junk foods, sweets and salty food? I can stay on a diet for maybe a few weeks but I eventually get really bad cravings and binge on snacks and fast foods.
Make sure you are not missing meals or protein based snacks. This helps to reduce cravings. Make sure you take a green drink which also helps reduce cravings and increase energy because its alkaline balancing so it helps feed your body to reduce the cravings. Last but not least, brush your teeth after every meal or snack then if that is not working, try protein powder and water mixed like pudding. Leave it in the fridge for an hour and then eat with a spoon.
I’m trying to create a healthy shopping list to stick with. What are some of the main foods I should include to maintain a lean and muscular physique?
Quality protein chicken, fish, eggs, whey powder, Soya, beans, vegetables (lots of them). Whole grains such as ancient grains, brown rice, steel cut oats, sweet potatoes, flax seeds, some fruits (low on the glycemic index). Good fats like nuts, seeds and avocado.
I’m about 35 pounds overweight. I have never started an exercise program and really don’t know where to start. What tips can you give me to get started on the right track?
Start slow and move your body 6 days a week. Start with walking for 20-30 minutes with 2 full body weight training programs per week. Slowly increase the intensity over the next few weeks. Write everything down so you know what works and what doesn’t.
I tend to eat out most of the time and really don’t know what healthy foods to order from the menu. What tips do you recommend for eating out at restaurants to make sure my diet will not suffer?
Ask how the protein is cooked e.g. broiled, grilled, steamed or baked then ask what is on it. Order vegetables grilled, salad or roasted veggies. Never drink your calories.
What exercises do you recommend for getting a bigger, rounder and fuller butt?
Squats, reverse lunges, glute push ups.
What is the most challenging thing you deal with about consistently staying in top shape?
Always being mindful of nutritional choices and saying no when necessary even though there may be good food and drinks available it is hard to stay in great shape all the time.
Please describe your normal diet. What do you eat in a typical day to stay in shape?
- Breakfast: protein powder and water.
- Mid-Morning Snack: ½ cup Steel cut oats, apple.
- Lunch: fish, brown rice, veggies.
- Mid-Afternoon Snack: veggies and humus small protein drink.
- Dinner: chicken, lots of veggies roasted.
What type of exercises do you include in your routine to stay in shape?
- Strength Training Exercises: squats, smith machine incline press, shoulder press, chin ups, rowing, bicep curls triceps dips, core work on the bosu ball.
- Cardio Exercises: interval training on every cardio machine.
- Additional Training: yoga, outdoor cycling.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for developing toned and defined arms?
1. Incline bicep curls.
2. Preacher curls biceps.
3. Narrow dips triceps.
4. Rope press down.
5. Reverse triceps press downs.
What are your top 5 tips for losing unwanted body fat?
1. 3 meals, 2 snacks (protein based).
2. Drink water. Do not drink your calories.
3. Do not eat past 6 o’clock at night.
4. Starchy carbs before 2 o’clock.
5. Six cardio sessions with different zones and length of times. Minimum 2-3 weight training sessions per week.
What are your top 5 tips for gaining lean muscle mass?
1. Train with weights that challenge you. Reps no more than 10.
2. Eat 5 times a day.
3. Supplement with whey protein, branch chain amino, fatty acids & glutamine.
4. Be consistent with everything like nutrition and workouts. Change things up to shock the body.
5. Keep a training log so you know what works and what does not.
What are the top 5 tips you recommend for staying motivated on a fitness plan and truly making a healthy lifestyle change?
1. Be accountable either to a friend or trainer and write everything down.
2. Do daily affirmations on your goals.
3. Have a structured plan in place that is measurable.
4. Make a strong goal like either a photo shoot or competition.
5. Analyze your fitness plan and be willing to change.
What is your training routine like? (Please include a few details – training split, sets/reps, exercises, types of cardio, etc.)
- Monday: Chest & triceps. 10-6-8 reps. 4 exercises for chest, 3 for triceps. Some core training, super sets for 15 minutes. 30 minutes moderate cardio.
- Tuesday: Legs, calves super set quads and hamstrings 4 exercise for quads 3 for hamstrings 2 exercises for calves cycling for 30 minutes hard reps are either 10-12 or 15-20.
- Wednesday: Shoulders, abs. 4 exercises for shoulders, 15 minutes of super sets on abs. Cardio for 45 min. Moderate reps 10-6-8.
- Thursday: Back and biceps. 4 exercises for back, 2-3 for biceps. Same reps as upper body 10-6-8.
- Friday: Stretching 20 minutes, cardio 45 moderate.
- Saturday: Cardio (1 hour intervals), stretching.
- Sunday: Off for fun.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for losing fat around the stomach and developing a toned and defined midsection?
1. Diet in the right balance with lower body fat will flatten your stomach.
2. Bosu ball core training is good crunch and twist, rotation work on the bosu ball with medicine ball.
3. Lower abs holds the ball up press against shins lower ball over head and legs slowly down.
4. Medicine ball tosses on the ball.
5. HARD cardio sessions interval training 3 times week with 3 moderate sessions 45 minutes.
What are the top 5 tips (specific exercises, diet advice, etc) you recommend for toning the thighs, hips and butt?
1. Squats point your toes out, narrow, feet together.
2. Lunges walking, reverse, on the ball lunges.
3. Buttmaster machine.
4. Lying ball curls hamstring and glutes keep your hips up.
5. Stairmaster or stepper push through your heels deep steps.