Family Status: Single
Occupation: Forensic Clinical Social Worker
Hometown: Lakewood, Washington
Pounds or Inches Lost: I lost 125 pounds and 18 inches!
Starting Weight: 306 pounds
Current Weight: 181 pounds
Lori’s Weight Loss Story!
When did you become unhappy with your weight?
I had been unhappy for several years. However, in January of 2009 I was more than unhappy with my weight.
What made you decide to lose weight?
Initially, I was depressed enough that I had decided that suicide would be a better option than living. On April 29th, less than a month before the gym opened, I was diagnosed with diabetes.
What were the most important changes you made to lose weight?
- I decided there would be no turning back.
- I got rid of all junk food, quit fast food eating and quit drinking soft drinks.
- Started eating 5-6 times a day.
- Exercised twice a day, 6 days a week.
- Stayed visible, accountable and determined.
- Kept a positive attitude and kept the whole process fun.
- Made my entire process public.
- Photo journaled all of it. Posted picture in the gym weekly along with my weight and measurements.
- Worked with my trainer Alexandra Seal and did 100% of what she asked for.
- I maintained a food and workout log daily, personal journaling daily and then gave all journals to my trainer both weekly and monthly.
- No secrets. I made the promise to myself to be blatantly honest the entire process.
What was most challenging about losing weight?
Changing eating habits. I didn’t get how food worked. I didn’t understand why I had to eat more frequently. Giving up cookies was very tough!
How long did it take you to start to see results?
Within the first month.
How long did it take for you to reach your current weight?
How long have you maintained your weight loss and how do you do it?
So far I am still losing weight. I have 30 pounds to go to reach my ideal weight. I have stayed under 200 pounds for over 6 months.
How has your life changed now that you’ve lost weight?
I no longer have diabetes and I love my body and my life. I understand how to eat correctly. I love being able to be an athlete again. I love being able to feel confident. I feel free!
How did ShapeFit help you reach your weight loss goals?
ShapeFit’s weight loss success stories are very motivational.
Lori’s Weight Loss Tips!
Weight Loss Tip #1:
Photo journal your entire process.
Weight Loss Tip #2:
Stay visible, accountable, honest, humorous and determined!
Weight Loss Tip #3:
Commit to eating right, daily.
Weight Loss Tip #4:
Workout with a trainer.
Weight Loss Tip #5:
Post your success.
Lori’s Weight Loss Eating Plan!
A piece of fruit, 1/2 cup of cereal, fat-free milk, eggs, piece of toast.
Chicken, cottage cheese, or sandwich, veggies.
Chicken, brown rice, mixed veggies.
Snacks or Mini Meals:
Carrots, green beans, apples, strawberries, nuts, tomatoes, string cheese, grapes, blueberries.
Lori’s Weight Loss Workouts!
CrossFit workouts twice a week. Olympic lifting twice a week, body weight lifting daily (straight arm pull-ups, lunges, ab work, push-ups). I work both heavy lifting (snatches, cleans, jerks, deadlifts) along with light lifting for biceps, triceps, lats, quads, hams, gastros, delts and pecs. I use some machines but mostly free weights.
2-3 hours of cardio a day, 6 days a week. This includes stationary bike, elliptical, stair stepper, treadmill, outdoor running, jump rope, box jumps, sprints and CrossFit workouts twice a week.