Below are some simple weight loss diet tips that can be followed anywhere, everyday:
1. Make a delicious low-fat mayonnaise by combining one teaspoon of Dijon mustard and some low-fat yogurt.
2. Do not skip meals. Skipping meals causes the body to slow down metabolism, in order to conserve calories during a period where limited fats and fuel are available. Remember that eating increases the metabolism.
3. Stuff vegetables like green peppers and zucchini with flavored fillings or minced chicken, white meat or fish. These are healthy and are low-fat.
4. Eat pita bread roll ups or wraps with salad fillings.
5. Good cooking and healthy eating begins with learning about nutrition and how to prepare healthy recipes.
6. Learn how to make the families favorite recipes without the fats, salt, and added sugar. Substitute non-fat yogurt for cream, stir-fry without oil and use herbs and spices instead of salt to taste.
7. Consult your doctor before beginning an exercise or weight loss program.
8. Slowly eat and chew each bite during meals.
9. Eat three small meals and two healthy snacks everyday instead of one or two huge meals.
10. Use chicken stock when stir-frying. This will cut down on hidden fat.
11. Leave the skin on fruits and vegetables as much as possible. Most of the nutrients are just under the skin.
12. Warm water with a squeeze of lemon juice before breakfast gets the metabolism going for the day. This also helps prevent constipation and is excellent for the skin.
13. One of the best sources of vegetable protein is from soya beans or tofu. All legumes provide some protein, so include lentils, lima beans etc in casseroles and soups.
14. Look for a weight loss “buddy”, club, or support mates. This will motivate you to stay and enjoy your weight loss program.
15. Make whole wheat pasta a fast food choice – preparing a pasta meal or salad will only take 10-20 minutes.
16. Chilli helps to speed up metabolism – even the milder varieties.
17. Try making omelets without adding the yolks! A dramatic decrease in fat.
18. Remove fat by dropping ice cubes into the baking tray. Fat will stick to the ice cubes.
19. Drinking hot water instead of cold water in the morning can increase the speed of your metabolism and help to burn more calories.
20. Eat before you go food shopping and always prepare a shopping list. Only buy food that relates to your weekly plan and don’t be tempted to buy goodies.
Make sure that the right discipline is practiced to promote consistency in your diet plan. This will lead to a healthy lifestyle without the extra fat and excess pounds on the side.