My name is Amit, and I am a vegetarian bodybuilder from India. Being from a Hindu family, meat was restricted in my family, yet all my cousins went to non-vegetarianism. Instead, I decided to have love and respect for animals. There was pressure on me to become an engineer instead of focusing on health. Any and all kinds of games were restricted to me. I learned a bit of taekwondo during my childhood, hiding it from my parents, but after a month I was exposed and wasn’t allowed to participate anymore. I tried to be in the National Cadet Corps but I was too weak to gain entry. I failed but I grew. I received a degree in mechanical engineering and later, a BSC in computer science, but to be a strong man was always in my mind. I started bodybuilding 10 years ago with a start in business. I did great but the business time killed my passion a bit. I was living in Delhi where things were too expensive for me to afford. I left Delhi, went to a small green town, adopted an affordable lifestyle and then I went back to the business. I focused for 3-4 years, then took 1 year off and then it was off and on. But for the past year or two I’ve been doing everything for my body, giving it right nutrients, putting time in the gym, basically everything. I do not feel happy if I do not go to the gym. No matter what, I want to go every day and when I leave the gym with bigger muscles, I feel like I am the happiest person on the planet. The feeling I have by building my body cannot be described. I am studying further now, I am married and have one naughty son, who has an eccentric father with business problems, but yet there is no excuse for not going to the gym. I need to stick to my passion which not only gives me a good body but also happiness.
My Health and Fitness Education Has Come From:
- Homeopathic brother-in-law doctor and bodybuilder.
- Other mainstream brother-in-law doctor.
- Mainstream father-in-law doctor.
- All previous and current gym coaches. All the guys are great. They try to answer my endless questions politely.
- Books, magazines and the Internet.
- Learning from my own experiences.
- Learning from a gym certificate course. Actually, I am using my coach’s literature instead of getting an admission to any academy.
I’ve experienced tons of Indian herbs like Ashwgandha (Withania somnifera), Gokshura (Indian Tribulus Terrestris), Brahmi, Kapikachhu (Mucuna Pruriens), Holy Basil, etc. I like all of them very much. My favorite drinks are lemon tea, apple cider vinegar, coffee and lemon-ginger-honey teas. I am vegetarian, though I eat 1-2 brown eggs sometimes. I’ve never eaten any seafood, fish, chicken or any kind of meat in my life. For omega-3 fatty acids, I depend on organic chia seeds, organic flax seeds, walnuts, olive oil and raw yellow mustard oil. My main protein sources are lentils, black beans, almonds, sprouted peanuts, homemade peanut butter, eggs, raw whey protein (without any artificial flavor or sugar substitute) and other vegetables.
My ShapeFit Articles:
- Cardio Exercises for Abs – Lose Belly Fat and Love Handles
- Benefits of Coenzyme Q10 – Found in Every Cell in The Body
- Ephedra Facts – Health Benefits with Side Effects and Warnings
- Natural Testosterone Boosters – Increase Hormones with Herbs
- Cayenne Pepper and Weight Loss – Spice It Up To Lose Weight