In high school, I was always active. Upon finishing high school I had gone to work as a draftsman and started night classes. Because of this, all activity had stopped. However, as my eating habits stayed the same and mainly consisted of junk food and soda, I had gone from 120 pounds at graduation to 140 pounds in the matter of 3 years. It was then that I decided something had to be done. My friends had set up some weights on their porch and I had joined in with them. After a few weeks, I had started to see results. After seeing the results, I cleaned up my diet and haven’t looked back. Now, exercise and proper eating is a staple in my life.
I had joined a gym which had the squat, bench press, and deadlift records posted on the wall. Within a few months, I had broken the records in that gym for my weight class in the squat and deadlift. It had taken me a few years to get to the bench press record. This had ignited an interested in strength sports such as power lifting. I had started to read more information about strength training. This had lead me to get my C.S.C.S. and I have competed in small local powerlifting competitions.
In 2009, I moved to Thailand. Because powerlifting is not popular there and gym memberships can be expensive, I have adapted my workouts to suit the area. I had to get creative. I have looked into bodyweight exercises, and barrel lifting. I had been using kettlebells in my workouts for years as assistance exercises but now they are a staple of my workouts.
In June 2011, I started Fitness Holiday Asia which provides fitness and weight loss retreats in Thailand. On the side, I offer personal training to those in the area.
- Received C.S.C.S. in 2004
- Involved with exercise and fitness since 1998
- B.S. in Management
- A.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology
Services I Provide:
- Fitness Retreats in Thailand
- Personal Training
- Fitness Retreat Program Design
- Healthy Cooking for Weight Loss – Tom Yum Gai Thai Soup Recipe
- Fighting Exercise Boredom – Ways To Keep Workouts Fun and Exciting
- Walk Yourself Fit – Walking is an Excellent Way To Lose Weight
- Cheap No Cost Workouts – 4 Basic Bodyweight Exercises To Get Fit Fast
- Beach Workouts – Fun Exercises To Burn Calories At The Beach